• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Je L'Aime Quand Vous M'Appelez Le Grand Papa

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Posted yesterday (@ATLHawks, via Twitter 12:22 PM EST):

Johan Petro had to go to Miami (wife expecting baby today). Coach Drew says he doesn't know if Petro will be back for Game 4 or not.

You'll recall Johan was granted personal paternity leave a couple weeks ago, but there was no announcement of a baby delivery at that time, so it turns out there was just a temporary delay.

Best wishes to The Family Petro!

About an hour later, C-Viv (@ajchawks, via Twitter) says he is expected back:

Johan Petro missed Sunday's practice as he returned to Miami for birth of child. Expected back for Game 4 Monday night. #ATLHawks

Just in case he isn't able to make it back for tonight, how should LD set up his starting lineup for Game 4?

~lw3

Well good for him. I think this guy is not really half bad. He's a lot better 3rd center than we have had for a while. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back for a reasonable price.

I would figure they will just start Al at center if he's not back. Al used make mincemeat of Hibbard pretty regularly.

Johan......not to sound insensitive or anything but.........If you want your child and perhaps his children someday too to live long comfortable lives then....You better be in uniform and in the lineup tonight playing your butt off. You can show your kid your highlights and your special dedication to them during an interview with Jerome for blocking the game winner when they are old enough to comprehend that you were indeed actually a professional ball player. I'm sure the old lady will understand too that you are making sure the bills will get paid with a new contract.

Johan......not to sound insensitive or anything but.........If you want your child and perhaps his children someday too to live long comfortable lives then....You better be in uniform and in the lineup tonight playing your butt off. You can show your kid your highlights and your special dedication to them during an interview with Jerome for blocking the game winner when they are old enough to comprehend that you were indeed actually a professional ball player. I'm sure the old lady will understand too that you are making sure the bills will get paid with a new contract.

I don't know...it's his child being born and his wife. He's going to be playing in the NBA next year regardless. I would like to see him in uniform, but if he's not, I totally understand.

• Premium Member

LW3 speaking french too?

The first thing I thought of when I saw the title is that old sketch from all that called every day french with pierre escargot lol.

• Like 2

I hope it all goes well for Petro's family but I really hope he's able to come back and play tonight. I hate being selfish like that but we really need him!! Of course if he's not there I certainly won't hold it against him as I'd be there with my wife too if it were me.

FYI keep that French nonsense off of here or I'm gonna have to start moving these threads to the trash bin!!! lol j/k

LW3 speaking french too?

The first thing I thought of when I saw the title is that old sketch from all that called every day french with pierre escargot lol.

LW3 as seen in the poster for his newest movie, Lethal Weapon 5. Hard to believe he has time to learn French in between shooting movies!

Posted Image

• Like 1