• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks next year.

Diesel

Next Year's Hawks.  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

DO we keep Smoove?

Personally, I'm through with hoping that Smoove smartens up. I would let him walk or I would SNT him to Houston for Chandler/Garcia.

However, I'm through believing that he will automatically get it. He won't. No new coach will reach him. But it does bring some thoughts...

• Like 3

Smoove is not going to automatically get it. I think he has a good role as a defensive 3 and part time 4. But in order for that to work we need a center and sg who demand the ball.

I am on the fence with keeping Smoove. Not because I think he is a star but because he is a good defensive player and also has value. If he walks or we snt him, it will not be the end. Neither will signing him to something reasonable either.

I voted that we will not lock up Teague, but that is because I think Teague will take the qualifying offer.

We can be pretty sure that Ivan gets a QO, making him a restricted free agent. I would put it at 55% he takes the QO, 35% he negotiates a 2-4 year contract with us, and 10% he signs an offer sheet with someone else. If he signs an offer sheet, I think we match unless it is greater than ~$3 million annually. I don't see anyone offering him that especially if Reggie Evans was only able to get a 3 year $5 mil deal last offseason.

• Moderators

I only want Smoove to stay if we get other guys around him and Horf. If Ferry strikes out, then LD and Smoove need to be gone. If we get Dwight, Bynum, or some other great player, then I say bring Smoove back on a fair deal. Love Ivan, Pachulia will stay cheaply and is a good backup center, and Teague will stay too.

I voted no on keeping Smith, but would've picked maybe if it were an option. For the right price and with a new coach, I could live with it. It'd also be nice to bring in another big time frontcourt player through trade or FA.

• Like 3

I voted no on keeping Smith, but would've picked maybe if it were an option. For the right price and with a new coach, I could live with it. It'd also be nice to bring in another big time frontcourt player through trade or FA.

I agree but would like to add a starting caliber center to the requirements of new coach and decent contract.

Only thing I really care about is NOT going after Howard. Ideally I want to keep Josh on the team, but I can understand the management not wanting to keep him around.

Only thing I really care about is NOT going after Howard. Ideally I want to keep Josh on the team, but I can understand the management not wanting to keep him around.

Eh? I don't like Howard, but the dude is a star. He's basically a better Josh who stays around the basket.

And I don't think we need a C necessarily if we keep Josh, we just need to add a frontcourt player who can shoot and rebound (and defend) to complement the weaknesses of Josh and Horford. If they can be a go-to guy, even better. Lebron would be ideal next to Josh and Horford (duh). Really, just a Josh/Horford/Bosh frontcourt rustles my jimmies and I think could contend with a good PG, and he could be available with the lux tax kicking in.

BUT, the absolute max I personally would give to Josh is $14M a year, and I would think long and hard about that. I would prefer $12M.

Eh? I don't like Howard, but the dude is a star. He's basically a better Josh who stays around the basket.

And I don't think we need a C necessarily if we keep Josh, we just need to add a frontcourt player who can shoot and rebound (and defend) to complement the weaknesses of Josh and Horford. If they can be a go-to guy, even better. Lebron would be ideal next to Josh and Horford (duh). Really, just a Josh/Horford/Bosh frontcourt rustles my jimmies and I think could contend with a good PG, and he could be available with the lux tax kicking in.

BUT, the absolute max I personally would give to Josh is $14M a year, and I would think long and hard about that. I would prefer $12M.

He is a complete head ache. He is a walking soap opera and all he cares about his himself. He is greedy and a child and doesn't deserve a giant contract.

I also wish there was another option on the Josh question - I would say yes, but only for the right price. He can put up some good numbers, but really is a headache. (BTW - I was at the last two playoff games and every time he was about to jack up a long 2 or a 3 the entire arena shouted "NO!" But he still kept at it - and actually made a much-needed 3ball in the 4th Q to everyone's surprise.) The money I would offer Smith would probably be too insulting to him and he'd just walk. Can't make free throws, insists on jacking up long 2's/3's, becomes a black hole for the ball sometimes, ... maybe I could tolerate that for the right price, but I'm also ready to move on.

I would like to see Zaza, Teague, and even Petro back. Petro isn't great but he handles other big men ok and is good for situations like this with Indiana where he can go out and snag a few rebounds. Not sure why, but he never really seemed like he got a fair shake for whatever reason. I think the dude puts out a lot of good effort; yes, I realize he's no Horford, or even Zaza for that matter, but he's alright in my book. I'd take him over Collins any day - Collins couldn't jump over a napkin, and Petro is pretty solid on jump balls and rebounds.

I could go either way with D12. Meh.

I'd like to see Ivan back. I remember thinking "Who's this guy???" watching the pre-season last year. He's not afraid to take on anyone and has been able to keep his temper under control. Consistent source of energy off the bench.

Another matter that wasn't a poll question: I'd also like to see Harris back. He seems like he's got that killer instinct that Teague just can't quite get to show up all the time. Fast as hell. Just a little concerned because he seems to get injured a fair amount.

• Like 2

He is a complete head ache. He is a walking soap opera and all he cares about his himself. He is greedy and a child and doesn't deserve a giant contract.

Sounds a lot like Shaq. You know, probably the most dominant player ever in his prime.

Sounds a bit like Kobe too. And Michael Jordan. And Dwayne Wade. Even Lebron a little bit.

Not every superstar is a class act like Duncan, Dirk, KD and Rose. In fact, it couldn't be further from the truth. On the court, Dwight is a top 5 player in the NBA.

Sounds a lot like Shaq. You know, probably the most dominant player ever in his prime.

Sounds a bit like Kobe too. And Michael Jordan. And Dwayne Wade. Even Lebron a little bit.

Not every superstar is a class act like Duncan, Dirk, KD and Rose. In fact, it couldn't be further from the truth. On the court, Dwight is a top 5 player in the NBA.

So you really going to compare Wade, Jordan, Kobe, and Bron shooting jumpers to Josh shooting jumpers? Shaq was not really known for taking jumpers except at the charity stripe :)

So you really going to compare Wade, Jordan, Kobe, and Bron shooting jumpers to Josh shooting jumpers? Shaq was not really known for taking jumpers except at the charity stripe Posted Image

I was talking about Dwight. Another poster said they didn't want Dwight because he's a primadonna. Dwight, at least, doesn't play like a primadonna.

I would never compare a high-end roleplayer (Josh) to some of the all-time greats. I will compare a high-level allstar/superstar (Dwight) to them.

If we can't land Howard or CP3, I PRAY we don't panic and land guys like Jennings, Bynum, Mayo or Tyreke. Detroit did that with Charlie V and Ben Gordon. It never works. Tanking is a much better option in my opinion.

If we can't land Howard or CP3, I PRAY we don't panic and land guys like Jennings, Bynum, Mayo or Tyreke. Detroit did that with Charlie V and Ben Gordon. It never works. Tanking is a much better option in my opinion.

What kind of tank you talking about. Who would you keep? Can you project a senario?