• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The offseason begins

capstone21

Provided we keep both picks, selecting the correct "worthless mid first rounders" is the key - it can be done: may not be a SUper-Star but an impact player would be nice. It's our time to get an unexpected steal.

Provided we keep both picks, selecting the correct "worthless mid first rounders" is the key - it can be done: may not be a SUper-Star but an impact player would be nice. It's our time to get an unexpected steal.

Nothing less than a superstar is going to get the job done. More Josh Smith's and Jeff Teague's aren't going to turn this franchise around.

Nothing less than a superstar is going to get the job done. More Josh Smith's and Jeff Teague's aren't going to turn this franchise around.

I guess I can go pluck one from the Super-Star tree I've been nurturing all season long.Posted Image

Your not going to solve every problem in 1 off season......but having 2 1st round pick will be a nice start. Cap space is a bonus that we can thank Ferry for. It gives us hope of the possibility of landing a big fish one day. Patience is a virtue with cap space folks.Looking forward to hearing about Dieng , Whitney, Adams, and Olynyk go head to head in 1 on 1 workouts.......same thing with wings. That Euro PG is also intriguing that just shredded team USA.The real season begins now for Mr Ferry. I've been looking foward to this all year......been looking passed the regular season since October. Time to look long term and not expect to be world beaters with 1 off season.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Young children want to know, "Where do babys come from?"

On the other hand, supposidly smart, adult fans of the Hawks want to know:

"Where do NBA super stars come from?"

And, "Why can't we get one?"

Some are thoroughly convinced of two things.

1 - It's impossible to win in the NBA without at least one super star.

2 - It's impossible for the Atlanta Hawks to get a super star.

So, where does that leave us? Hunting a team in the NBA that already has

their super star and becoming a fan of that team. Superman's team comes

to mind. They didn't go any further than we did.

Looks like a lost cause already, doesn't it!

I guess I can go pluck one from the Super-Star tree I've been nurturing all season long.Posted Image

Hey man... Until they get one, what we have seen is the best it's going to get. I knew the series would likely end in the first round, but the guys played so poorly and now that it's over... It's like what is next? The guys they draft and whatever they pick up in FA isn't likely to be game changing. Denver has the same problem out west. When push comes to shove, those guys aren't going to get you over the hump.

People kept talking about how great Denver did in trading Anthony... Well, look who is out in the first round again. DENVER.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Hey man... Until they get one, what we have seen is the best it's going to get. I knew the series would likely end in the first round, but the guys played so poorly and now that it's over... It's like what is next? The guys they draft and whatever they pick up in FA isn't likely to be game changing. Denver has the same problem out west. When push comes to shove, those guys aren't going to get you over the hump.

People kept talking about how great Denver did in trading Anthony... Well, look who is out in the first round again. DENVER.

I hear that, but I think Ferry does too. I think he's playing a game similar to the one Morey did. The question is will he play it as well as Morey has.

This is going to be a huge offseason. Probably a new coach, a couple of draft picks and threads upon threads about CP3 and Howard. I assume we won't get either one of them, but it'll still be wild. We have tons of directions we could go in.

• Like 1

I hear that, but I think Ferry does too. I think he's playing a game similar to the one Morey did. The question is will he play it as well as Morey has.

This is going to be a huge offseason. Probably a new coach, a couple of draft picks and threads upon threads about CP3 and Howard. I assume we won't get either one of them, but it'll still be wild. We have tons of directions we could go in.

I don't want to say anymore tonight considering how all of this has ended. I'm surely not going to help by going on and on.

We all know we need not one but maybe two Superstars, but they don't just fall out of the sky. To get them in FAgcy they have to want to come to Atlanta, to draft them you gotta be lucky.

Haha CP3 is also ejected and Clippers are about to be eliminated. Just like Dwight Howard. How fitting is that :-)

Wonder if CP3 will get bashed by the talking heads for getting ejected like D12?

LA Lakers - Tons of StarsBoston Celtics - 2 Superstars(aging)LA Clippers - 2 SuperstarsHouston Rockets - 1 SuperstarAtlanta Hawks - 0 Stars ALL out in 1st Round.... Hahaha!!!! At least we didn't get swept.

We can't go backwards in time. Damn shame we can't but we can't...so forget about reaching back. So what do you do?

Well since we aren't in the lottery and nobody does any kind of real "trade-ups" in the NBA...grab the best two guys you can get who can hopefully be starters/quality backups.

I just wish people would get there stories straight. Does Ferry deserve a statue or our patience? I will say these 2 things and move on because I will not waste the whole offseason saying the same stuff over and over. Ferry put a product on the floor that was even less equipped for playoffs than the 2 previous GM's. Finally we have been through guard after guard, Bibby, Flip, Hinrich, Crawford 1 and 2, Willie Green, Joe, Teague. They all bare the blame for not making them better or holding Josh and Al back. When are people going to wake up and see that Josh and Al are both just as big or bigger hindurance to us being serious contendors as that revolving door of guards.

Edited by MrMeltdown

• Premium Member

Your not going to solve every problem in 1 off season......but having 2 1st round pick will be a nice start. Cap space is a bonus that we can thank Ferry for. It gives us hope of the possibility of landing a big fish one day. Patience is a virtue with cap space folks.Looking forward to hearing about Dieng , Whitney, Adams, and Olynyk go head to head in 1 on 1 workouts.......same thing with wings. That Euro PG is also intriguing that just shredded team USA.The real season begins now for Mr Ferry. I've been looking foward to this all year......been looking passed the regular season since October. Time to look long term and not expect to be world beaters with 1 off season.

Coach this is not about problem solving.

This is about building and how do we build.

I think it's possible to go after a megateam or to build through the draft. We sit in good seats.

Ferry can build pretty much what he wants to.