• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks want Korver back

Jody23

• Premium Member

Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) tweeted at 1:08 PM on Sat, May 04, 2013:Korver said that management has indicated they want to work something out. "I love Atlanta. I had a great first year here."

If he comes back, we can't pay him more than 3 mill a year. He's too one-dimensional for us to be spending serious cash on the dude. We need at the very least a decent 2-way player who can play defense and create his own offense.

I'd much rather spend that money on an OJ Mayo, than to spend it on Korver. No more than 3 mill on Korver, if he wants to come back. It'll be interesting to see just how hot the market is for Kyle. I honestly don't think it will be that hot.

• Premium Member

If anything, the fact the Hawks have already indicated they want him back confirms that they aren't looking to be tankers, but a win now team.

Edited by Jody23

No more than 3 mill on Korver, if he wants to come back. It'll be interesting to see just how hot the market is for Kyle. I honestly don't think it will be that hot.

The market may not exactly be "hot" for Korver...but I think there will be a market for sure. No way IMO we get him for $3m a year - my guess is he will get a 3-year, $18m total offer from some team with money to burn.

I agree that he's semi-one dimensional (he at least tries on defense)...but I think GM's around the league know that he at least has value and that he will give them 3 years of effort for a 3 year contract.

Even though that type of contract may not be good for the Hawks at this point - doesn't mean other teams won't see it different. He's certainly no lead dog, but he's a trustworthy role player....and $6m a year really isn't all that much.

If he comes back, we can't pay him more than 3 mill a year. He's too one-dimensional for us to be spending serious cash on the dude. We need at the very least a decent 2-way player who can play defense and create his own offense.

I'd much rather spend that money on an OJ Mayo, than to spend it on Korver. No more than 3 mill on Korver, if he wants to come back. It'll be interesting to see just how hot the market is for Kyle. I honestly don't think it will be that hot.

He's a better rebounder than Joe. And that is sad.

• Like 2

• Admin

If he comes back, we can't pay him more than 3 mill a year. He's too one-dimensional for us to be spending serious cash on the dude. We need at the very least a decent 2-way player who can play defense and create his own offense. I'd much rather spend that money on an OJ Mayo, than to spend it on Korver. No more than 3 mill on Korver, if he wants to come back. It'll be interesting to see just how hot the market is for Kyle. I honestly don't think it will be that hot.

I am not opposed to getting OJ. I just wished he would defend

He kept saying it would be nice to go play in Chicago and Utah.I would love to have him back....he was my second favorite hawk this season after Al.

The context of that was his answers after being asked directly by Chicago and Utah media on road trips. You can't expect a soon to be free agent burn a bridge when asked that direct question.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

He's the type of guy you fill a bench with and I doubt Stevenson will be back. That's $2.5 mil right there to throw at KK. I'd take him back, but he better not start a game unless an injury occurs... As I've been saying, he is way too 1D to start. He also fits the mold that Ferry is trying to form. Bring back Dev and round out our guard rotation with Jenkins. Not a bad bench.

Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) tweeted at 1:08 PM on Sat, May 04, 2013:Korver said that management has indicated they want to work something out. "I love Atlanta. I had a great first year here."

What do you expect him to say? He is a stand up guy. Of course he is not going to come out and say "Atlanta sucks, and so do the fans. I want to be in Chicago!"

Obviously he isnt going to say something like that. He has too much character for that.

• Premium Member

What do you expect him to say? He is a stand up guy. Of course he is not going to come out and say "Atlanta sucks, and so do the fans. I want to be in Chicago!" Obviously he isnt going to say something like that. He has too much character for that.

Huh? I didn't or don't expect him to say anything. I merely posted exactly what was posted on the Hawks twitter feed. I said nothing about his desire or lack of it to resign. You say Korver is a stand up guy, but it seems you're inferring that he's being disingenuous at the same time. So, what do you expect him to say?

Huh? I didn't or don't expect him to say anything. I merely posted exactly what was posted on the Hawks twitter feed. I said nothing about his desire or lack of it to resign. You say Korver is a stand up guy, but it seems you're inferring that he's being disingenuous at the same time. So, what do you expect him to say?

Haha, I wasnt inferring that you said that and wasnt callin you out. I know u got it off the site, I saw the same thing earlier on twitter. I was simply stating they I highly doubt that is what he really meant. In my personal opinion, coming from a championship contender team to Atlanta is not where he wants to be at this point in his career. He is going to go whereever he can win a championship, and I dont see that happening in Atlanta anytime soon. He may like Atlanta, but i highly doubt he sticks around.