• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now taking nominations for Atlanta Hawks Ring of Mediocrity.

Diesel

• Premium Member

The Ring of Mediocrity is reserved for those players who played either 4 yrs with the Hawks or made it to a second contract with the Hawks and never did anything of note.

Here are my first three nominees:

1. Marvin Williams.

2. Alan Henderson.

3. Chris Crawford.

feel free to add more nominees.

I don't know what Ty Corbin was getting paid, but I thought he played hard when he was in. Not the best player ever but he seemed to put forth effort.

But yeah Koncak...

I remember playing NBA live on the SNES, I'd build a team around Koncack with like Jordan, Pippen, Stockton, and I think Kemp and simulate the entire season. I think they were maybe a 500 team lol.

• Like 1

The Ring of Mediocrity is reserved for those players who played either 4 yrs with the Hawks or made it to a second contract with the Hawks and never did anything of note.

Here are my first three nominees:

1. Marvin Williams.

2. Alan Henderson.

3. Chris Crawford.

feel free to add more nominees.

Don't be hard on Alan Henderson...He was hitting his peak and playing at the top of his game when he suffered that eye injury in Cleveland. I was there. I saw it. Pretty much ended his career.

That air ball layup he shot in the Utah game, put him right back on.

And this isn't even the Utah game, but this is another air ball layup.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3lwBSRN9-8

yeaaah...forgot about those...so sad Posted Image

• Premium Member

Jon Koncak has to be there; he should get his own wing.Ty Corbin should be in as well.

I thought about Corbin, but I didn't know if he played long enough for us or if he got a second contract with us.

• Premium Member

Zaza does not belong on this list Posted Image Zaza putting that big ole head in KG's grill disqualifies him. Posted Image

Yeah. I agree. The Zaza fight with KG helped him make Sportscenter and he's one of the most hated Hawks in Boston.

• Premium Member

Can Woody go in as a coach to the ring?

Unfortunately Woody had a few good seasons and even got a playoff win or two.

However,

There's nothing stopping good ole Lon Kruger or Magicman Bob Weiss from being on the list.