• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I say the chances on Chris Paul is very high.

Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member

Id love to get Chris Paul but I don't want him dictating which coach to hire. I think Ferry knows that the system means more than any individual player. That's how the Spurs do things as well. I don't care if my coach is black, white or purple as long as he's a good coach. Having said that I think the best candidate for us is Brian Shaw.

Players shouldn't have a say in what coach to get? Why?

If this was Peyton Manning saying I want so and so and I will sign with you... would you do it?

Sorry but CP3 is the best PG in the land. To get him, I would strongly consider who he wants as coach. I wouldn't just take a coach based on skin color alone though. CP3 has to be a little more specific.

I think the percentage of Dwight of Chris Paul coming here in my estimate is 30%

30% . . . wow.

If that percentage is up to 30% now, Hawks fans should be estatic.

Instead, there isn't a single legit rumor out there saying that we can get both Dwight and Chris. Not even a peep from those 2 players that they'd even remotely like to play in Atlanta once the summer ends.

If the Hawks want to entice one of those guys to come here, they're going to have to make a BIG TIME coaching splash. Neither guy is going to break their neck to just play with Al Horford and Lou Williams. And it doesn't look like they're ready to give up big money in that 5th year, to play with each other for 3 or 4 years.

So Ferry needs to find out what coach both players will like, and see if that will entice them to come here.

• Like 1

Tony Parker

I think if you went to the 29 other GMs back in 2007 when Parker won his Finals MVP and asked them if they could have any player from the Spurs who would it be? 29 out of 29 take Duncan. Just my opinion, but I think its a solid.

Maybe Parker for a 6 or 7 game stretch, but not the 82 game regular season and the full playoff run. I like Parker but he is not the Spurs MVP.

Edited by Buzzard

I think if you went to the 29 other GMs back in 2007 when Parker won his Finals MVP and asked them if they could have any player from the Spurs who would it be? 29 out of 29 take Duncan. Just my opinion, but I think its a solid. Maybe Parker for a 6 or 7 game stretch, but not the 82 game regular season and the full playoff run. I like Parker but he is not the Spurs MVP.

Tony Parker has been the Spurs best player for at least 5 years now.

• Premium Member

Agree with the bolded portion, but that's a slippery slope to walk. If the player comes in knowing, or having the impression, that he chose his boss then what happens if the relationship goes sour? What happens if he demands we sign a couple of his scrub running mates or something? That almost never works out.

CP3 is a great player but it's not like he'd be walking in with rings or even deep playoff runs to his credit. Nothing wrong with probing his preferences as far as a coach goes, but Ferry would have to be clear that he's making the final decision.

That's a slope that has been rode before. Star players get their coaches fired all the time. Why do you think Vinny Del Negro took the Clipps to their best record in History and he's without a job today?

Tony Parker has been the Spurs best player for at least 5 years now.

Even if I agreed with this, and I don't, it still shows how hard it is to win a championship with a PG as your best player. Spurs have not won a championship in the last five years.

Even if I agreed with this, and I don't, it still shows how hard it is to win a championship with a PG as your best player. Spurs have not won a championship in the last five years.

I think your premise is silly. There's no one formula for winning a championship. There are teams that won with great pgs and without. Teams that won with great big men and without. Teams that won with stars and without. In the past 10 years, there have been 2 teams to win championships with PGs as their best player. So your opinion on the subject is not an accurate account of what's actually happening in the league.

I think your premise is silly. There's no one formula for winning a championship. There are teams that won with great pgs and without. Teams that won with great big men and without. Teams that won with stars and without. In the past 10 years, there have been 2 teams to win championships with PGs as their best player. So your opinion on the subject is not an accurate account of what's actually happening in the league.

Its not a premise and you are right, there is no one formula. Most have this in common though, at least one all star caliber to HOF caliber PF or center. Very few by comparison needed that in a PG.

Edited by Buzzard

What is going on in league? Miami Bosh all star PF, Dallas Chandler all star center, Dirk HOF PF, Lakers Gasol HOF PF, Bynum at the time All star center, Lakers Shaq HOF center, Boston Garnett HOF PF, Detroit Big Ben HOF PF/C Sheed all star PF. Spurs Duncan HOF PF

Everyone wants to talk about how much the leagues is changing. At the end of the day,how many champions have there really been with lightweight, short, fast, outside shooting bigs?

Edited by Buzzard

Did anyone see the ESPN special on their Best PGs in the NBA?

When they did the part on CP3. They started about him being traded to LA Clippers. They asked what did he think of the trade that sent him to LA. He said....

"I HATED IT! It meant I have to move farther away from my family."

Then he goes into talking about how much his family (in North Carolina) means to him. Talked about his grand dad's death.

At the end they asked about his upcoming Free agency year. He said, I will get with my family and talk it over. Then I will decide from there.

This guy really loves being near his family. That's why he wanted to be drafted by the Hawks.

All I keep saying was this guy is going to be in Atlanta next year is Danny wants him.

Hope this doesn't mean CP3 ends up in Charlotte...

What is going on in league? Miami Bosh all star PF, Dallas Chandler all star center, Dirk HOF PF, Lakers Gasol HOF PF, Bynum at the time All star center, Lakers Shaq HOF center, Boston Garnett HOF PF, Detroit Big Ben HOF PF/C Sheed all star PF. Spurs Duncan HOF PF

Everyone wants to talk about how much the leagues is changing. At the end of the day,how many champions have there really been with lightweight, short, fast, outside shooting bigs?

Ben Wallace HOF?? Say what

Ben Wallace HOF?? Say what

He and Deke are the only players to have ever won the NBA defensive player of the year award four times. D12 has three and a good chance to break the record of four. But sill, Ben is in some rarefied air in the modern day of DPOY. I think he eventually gets in.

Sterling knows how not to keep things in house. Idiot.

It's possible it's stupid and could upset CP3 for making it out to look like he's the reason Vinny was fired, he's the reason the signed Willie Green and he's the reason the locker room is divided.

On the flip side, it can be construed as a smart move. Now if CP3 leaves, he'll be viewed as a diva and a headcase. Fans around the NBA will see that he made constantly made demands and was consistently given his way even at the expense of pissing off his teammates and costing someone their job. On ESPN the other day, they said CP3 and Blake Griffin went an entire month without speaking this month because of bad blood.

I actually think CP3 is more likely to stay with all of this having been made public because I have to believe his image will take an even bigger hit than it already has. Yeah, people think he's a diva after all of this has been made public but after having done all of that for him, imagine if he leaves? You just look ungrateful and partially to blame for destroy a team. They've gone out and done everything he's wanted to assemble the team he wants. If he leaves now, it doesn't look that great.

Fans would get over it but I think all of this being made public will serve as a deterrent when making the decision to leave. Dwight got SVG fired and had to be traded because he was going to leave anyways. Carmelo got Karl fired and had to be traded because he was going to leave anyways. D-Will got Sloan fired and had to be traded because he was going to leave anyways. A lot of fans aren't very high on them anymore because of the stunts they pulled. CP3 just got VDN after he catered to his every need, if he leaves now... I just think his image will take a hit. And thus, making everything public might have been a smart move imo.

Players shouldn't have a say in what coach to get? Why?

If this was Peyton Manning saying I want so and so and I will sign with you... would you do it?

Sorry but CP3 is the best PG in the land. To get him, I would strongly consider who he wants as coach. I wouldn't just take a coach based on skin color alone though. CP3 has to be a little more specific.

As I pointed out in my last post... Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony and Deron Williams all got their coaches fired. Then they left anyways.

Why should they dictate who their coach is?

And they're one player. CP3 getting his way has pissed off his entire team...

I don't recall, but did Mike Brown get fired because of Lebron too?