• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Smoove Saga: Is it possible for Ferry tobe an evil genius.

Diesel

• Premium Member

There's been a lot made about the possibility of getting Dwight and Smoove here at the same time because they are best friends yada yada yada...

So here's my deal.

Is it possible to get Dwight & CP3 signed here and then resign Smoove in a backloaded contract that is for less than he has commanded before?

I'd rather play Smoove at SF than to lose Horf at PF.

However, if worst comes to worst, I can see Horf in a Laker uni and Smoove being our PF... and hope that we can retain Korver.

OH.. I am looking for some economic feasibility and some real numbers on how much it would take to get Smoove with CP3, Horf, and D12 if we renounced everybody and Moved Lou Williams for picks.

Edited by Diesel

There's been a lot made about the possibility of getting Dwight and Smoove here at the same time because they are best friends yada yada yada...

So here's my deal.

Is it possible to get Dwight & CP3 signed here and then resign Smoove in a backloaded contract that is for less than he has commanded before?

I'd rather play Smoove at SF than to lose Horf at PF.

However, if worst comes to worst, I can see Horf in a Laker uni and Smoove being our PF... and hope that we can retain Korver.

OH.. I am looking for some economic feasibility and some real numbers on how much it would take to get Smoove with CP3, Horf, and D12 if we renounced everybody and Moved Lou Williams for picks.

In order to answer your question Diesel, you need to work backwards with Salary, like this.

Assumed salary cap of 60 million

+60

-12 (Horford)

+48 Million

-01.259 million (Jenkins)

+46.741 million

There is the number assuming only Horford, Jenkins on the roster meaning you gave away Williams and renounced everyone else, Teague signed elsewhere.

Now you figure in other mandatory costs

+46.71 million

-00.100 million (Tyler cap requirement)

-1.348 million (#17 pick)-1.281 million (#18 pick) (4th player on roster)

-4.7 million (6 veteran minimum cap holds - 9 available slots minus Smith/Paul/Howard)

39.281 million

Given the scenario you presented, this is what you would have to sign Smith, Paul, Horford.

A piece of information. You don't have to renounce Smith to complete anything. You just sign him first. Once you renounce Smith you can't go over the cap anyway to sign him. You lose the benefit.

In your scenario, you'd be looking at Smith for 10-11 a year and Paul/Howard for 14 million a year to start. Reality...not going to happen.

More likely Scenario plausible scenario.

Move forward with Teague as your PG. In the above scenario, Teague at 3.7 million leaves 35.8 million for Howard/Smith. So 13-15 for Smith (which is what it will take). 18 million for Howard and 4 million left over for a F/A of choice. Then 5 vet minimum contracts.

None of which is perfect.

• Premium Member

In order to answer your question Diesel, you need to work backwards with Salary, like this.

Assumed salary cap of 60 million

+60

-12 (Horford)

+48 Million

-01.259 million (Jenkins)

+46.741 million

There is the number assuming only Horford, Jenkins on the roster meaning you gave away Williams and renounced everyone else, Teague signed elsewhere.

Now you figure in other mandatory costs

+46.71 million

-00.100 million (Tyler cap requirement)

-1.348 million (#17 pick)-1.281 million (#18 pick) (4th player on roster)

-4.7 million (6 veteran minimum cap holds - 9 available slots minus Smith/Paul/Howard)

39.281 million

Given the scenario you presented, this is what you would have to sign Smith, Paul, Horford.

A piece of information. You don't have to renounce Smith to complete anything. You just sign him first. Once you renounce Smith you can't go over the cap anyway to sign him. You lose the benefit.

In your scenario, you'd be looking at Smith for 10-11 a year and Paul/Howard for 14 million a year to start. Reality...not going to happen.

More likely Scenario plausible scenario.

Move forward with Teague as your PG. In the above scenario, Teague at 3.7 million leaves 35.8 million for Howard/Smith. So 13-15 for Smith (which is what it will take). 18 million for Howard and 4 million left over for a F/A of choice. Then 5 vet minimum contracts.

None of which is perfect.

What about Horf/Williams to LAL for Howard.

Resign Smoove at about 13-15.

Sign Paul at 18.

That's 36 + 14 = 50.

Then you have Jenkins = 51... and we resign Korver = about 6. 57. Draft picks... Some vet mins*. MLE on a guy like J.O.

Then we have:

Howard/J.O. or Zaza

Smoove/Rookie/Ivan*

Korver/Rookie

Jenkins/Morrow*

Paul/Resigned Teague?

Sign Paul at 18.

That's 36 + 14 = 50.

Then you have Jenkins = 51... and we resign Korver = about 6. 57. Draft picks... Some vet mins*. MLE on a guy like J.O.

Then we have:

Howard/J.O. or Zaza

Smoove/Rookie/Ivan*

Korver/Rookie

Jenkins/Morrow*

Paul/Resigned Teague?

Lakers aren't allowed to S&T Howard per the new CBA rules.

Lakers aren't allowed to S&T Howard per the new CBA rules.

No, the Lakers cannot receive a player that is signed-and-traded. They can send them away if they want.

Sign Paul at 18.

That's 36 + 14 = 50.

Then we have:

Howard/J.O. or Zaza

Smoove/Rookie/Ivan*

Korver/Rookie

Jenkins/Morrow*

Paul/Resigned Teague?

That team wouldn't get out of the 2nd round. Josh and Dwight are a poor combo.

Edited by Hotlanta1981