• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do the Atlanta Spirit Group have their own private jet?

Admin

This is something that I think a teams ownership needs to have if you're going to woo big time free agents. I know Cuban has one and its part of the great presentation that the Mavericks are able to present as an organization. My beloved Dolphins have one and its allowed them to bring in free agents in style. So I'm wondering if the ASG have one? Or are we forcing guys to fly in commercially to visit us? I'm hoping we do have one so that we can pick up Dwight and CP3 in LA 12:01 am July 1st and bring them home to the ATL.I'm sure this will turn into an A$G bashing thread but I hope people can start to move on and respect these guys in a bubble as basketball owners as they were mentioned as big reasons for why both Ferry and Budz are here now.

Yup. Remember when Petro's wife had the baby?

Jacob Petro was born at about 2 p.m. Monday at a hospital in the Miami area. After being assured that his child and wife were doing fine, the new father hopped on a private plane sent by the Hawks owners.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9225501/2013-nba-playoffs-johan-petro-makes-back-atlanta-hawks-game-4-birth-child

OTABLE: Johan Petro did not show up at Philips Arena until about 90 minutes before the game. He was in Miami, where his wife, Vanessa, gave birth earlier to the couple's first child: Jacob. He returned to Atlanta in a private jet sent by a member of the Hawks' ownership group. . . . Korver, who started Games 1 and 2 at small forward for the Hawks before going to the bench, started the second half Monday at shooting guard. Harris was being treated for dehydration at the time, and returned to action with 5:10 left in the third quarter. He replaced Teague.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130429/INDATL/gameinfo.html

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 2

Ah yep I forgot about that. I wonder did they just charter one or do they own one? They need a nice plane that is team colored with the logo on it and stuff.

• Moderators

I'm thinking Bruce Levenson owns a private plane but its his personal plane, not the ASG's. I believe that is the one that Petro flew on. I know CP3 has his own private jet... I agree though, it's things like this that attract FA's to Atlanta. They all want to be treated like kings.

I'm thinking Bruce Levenson owns a private plane but its his personal plane, not the ASG's. I believe that is the one that Petro flew on. I know CP3 has his own private jet... I agree though, it's things like this that attract FA's to Atlanta. They all want to be treated like kings.

Wow that would be pretty crazy for a player to own a private jet but not an ownership group. It's just annoying to hear that the Mavs show up at someone's doorstep at 12:01 when they want that player after flying there in their private jet and here we are with the most cap room and we're not going to get that kind of positive media attention because we aren't equipped for it.

This is something that I think a teams ownership needs to have if you're going to woo big time free agents. I know Cuban has one and its part of the great presentation that the Mavericks are able to present as an organization. My beloved Dolphins have one and its allowed them to bring in free agents in style. So I'm wondering if the ASG have one? Or are we forcing guys to fly in commercially to visit us? I'm hoping we do have one so that we can pick up Dwight and CP3 in LA 12:01 am July 1st and bring them home to the ATL.I'm sure this will turn into an A$G bashing thread but I hope people can start to move on and respect these guys in a bubble as basketball owners as they were mentioned as big reasons for why both Ferry and Budz are here now.

The Atlanta Hawks have private jets at their disposal...the Petro example is one of them. ..In most instances its cheaper and move convenient business wise for companies to have their own planes for adhoc meeting, etc., or at the very least use Net Jets. Being in Atlanta I'm sure they use the private plane premium service that Delta offers..

Guest Walter

Don't we need 2 private jets? Who gets picked up first? The top pg prospect who wanted to be here but we snubbed or the hometown hero prodigal son ( of sorts)? We might get lucky and not have to decide if they are both out in LA, but who do we pick up 1st if they are not? Hmm?