• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A very special thread for the Hawksquawk community

NBASupes

Dwight said:

So here is what we will do. I will pull the best information from this thread. We will all write reasons why coming to Atlanta is the best option. That means you telling Dwight about how good Al is from advance stats, simple stats, gametape, and analytics. It means telling him how him, CP3 and Al will fit. It means telling him how good John Jenkins and Mike Scott can be and telling him we have 4 draft picks in the draft. It will take hard work for the community but we will all add some information and why Atlanta is best for Dwight. I will sent the final thread to Dwight twitter account and I will preview and get members like AHF, Dolfan, and benhillboy to proof it and tell me their opinion once I combine the information. This is a community effort from Hawksquawk to do this and this is our idea, anyone else how does it is just copying Hawksquawk.

Go Hawks and let's recruit Dwight to join the Hawks!

Let's go Hawks! Posted Image

We will also do this for CP3 depending on how successful this movement is but I know Dwight seriously checks twitter. I know CP3 brother is heavy on twitter but not sure about CP3.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It seems we have all listed the reasons so many times over the last 9 months... but:

[*]
    [*]Lakers and Dallas have stars that are old and face major rebuilds. Hawks are a team on the upswing, not the down. [*]Houston has Harden, but how far can just Harden/Howard go. You need three for championships. [*]Al is the perfect PF that he has been begging for. Grid shooter with a post game that can rebound, has high BBIQ, and is a winner. [*]The money. We can offer the largest contract outside of LA and still have money left over to sign another top guy. [*]All four aspects of the Hawks are going in the right direction. Roster, coaching, GM, and ownership. [*]We don't have to tell Dwight how great Atlanta is to live in. [*]His buddy Lou is here and Morrow could be brought back. [*]Low millionaires tax in Hollywood South. [*]Lower expectations compared to larger markets. [*]Unconditional love. The fans will love and support Dwight and the Hawks no matter what happens. Fans will go to the games.

Also, I believe he already knows how good the few guys we have signed are. I'm sure he remembers this:

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq3024nmwTM

And this:

Posted Image

• Like 4

Leadership - I like your style and attitude. For such a knowledgable Hawk fan with seemingly vast forum experience, I'm surprised its taken you so long to get on Hawksquawk.

• Like 2

If D12 comes to Atlanta with CP3 he gets to have the offense and defense built around him without having to be the face of the franchise. Horford is the link to the old regime, already has a great rapport with the media and will continue to be a guy that the press goes to after tough losses for a quote. CP3 would be the alpha dog that would eventually become the face of the franchise, mainly because his personality won't allow anything different. And Dwight can just be Dwight, a supremely blessed, hard working, durable big that can dominate on both ends of the court with a big Kool-Aid grin on his face. In this scenario, his happy-go-lucky, what-me-worry persona would be valued not asked to change. This is the only scenario that relieves the INTENSE media scrutiny that he will face for the rest of his career. That's the kind of thing that can change a legacy. Think about it. In Houston he's compared with Hakeem and Duncan (Texas) while trying to get past a hungry OKC team, the ultra competitive Grizzlies, a talented Clipper Squad, the up-and-coming Warriorsand even a Nuggets team that is SOOO MUCH FUN to watch. In LA, he's got the ghosts of Mikan, West, Baylor, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, and soon to be Kobe looming over him with (literally) championship banner after championship banner. Dallas has the attention hound (and wonderful owner) Marc Cuban, so Dwight's not escaping the media spotlight there. Plus they still have to get through the west every year. New Jersey probably can't get him but their owner is FAR too intense to work well with Dwight if they could. Honestly, the best thing for Dwight would be to come home to the A with Al and CP3 to contend for the Eastern crown with a rapidly aging Miami team, a great Bulls team with a talented but odd star, and a thick gritty Pacers squad (that, mind you wouldn't have a size advantage against our Dwight and Al Hawks team). If he helps get us to through the East once, he becomes a a Hawk legend (especially if he signs first). If we were to win a title, he and CP3 replace Nique' as the greatest Hawks in history (this is more a comment on how we favor recent things over all else...not saying they would actually be better than Pettit or Nique or Marovich or Shelden...jk on Shellhead). The smart move for Dwight is to try to convince Chirs Paul to join him in Atlanta.

If he wants media attractions look at how many times the Josh Smith commercial was showed during the playoffs. Al Horford got a season long commercial with Rubio for NBA league pass, although I know anyone could have gotten that. Tyler Perry has built.an empire in Atlanta with movies and sitcoms. Added bonus is his connection to Oprah.I hear he wants to build his relationship with his father, the last I checked he resides in Atlanta which can aid in the process should he decide to play with the Hawks. Cool story about Josh's father picking him up and bringing him to all home games

Edited by OrlandoHawk

Dwight - you know that saying "you can always go home" - it's time Son!!! Come home and build it.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

If you come then you come, if you don't we will win without you. Stop being such a diva queen lil b!tch....act right. We like CP3 a lot more than you. He is a classier guy, better team player, and is LOYAL, a word you might not neveeeerrr understand. If you come to us, please understand that every girl you have ever boinked will prolly have a lil rugrat running around and say is ur rugrat, so you have to take responsibility and pay child support. You have been stringing the nba along each of the last few offseasons trying to capture all the attention, is that because you were never loved as a child? If so, seek therapy. Oh, Dwight, go learn how to play basketball from guys like Hakeem, stop relying on the fact that your just big. Learn some post moves, maybe even from Andrew Bynum on his off bowling nights. Oh, and 60% of all back surgeries are reoccurring ones. Welcome to Atlanta.

If you come then you come, if you don't we will win without you. Stop being such a diva queen lil b!tch....act right. We like CP3 a lot more than you. He is a classier guy, better team player, and is LOYAL, a word you might not neveeeerrr understand. If you come to us, please understand that every girl you have ever boinked will prolly have a lil rugrat running around and say is ur rugrat, so you have to take responsibility and pay child support. You have been stringing the nba along each of the last few offseasons trying to capture all the attention, is that because you were never loved as a child? If so, seek therapy. Oh, Dwight, go learn how to play basketball from guys like Hakeem, stop relying on the fact that your just big. Learn some post moves, maybe even from Andrew Bynum on his off bowling nights. Oh, and 60% of all back surgeries are reoccurring ones. Welcome to Atlanta.

CP3, Loyal? He wanted out of NoLa same way D12 wanted out of Orl, CP3 didn't want his coach back, D12 wanted his gone - they handled things differently but sim scenarios - just saying.

If you come then you come, if you don't we will win without you. Stop being such a diva queen lil b!tch....act right. We like CP3 a lot more than you. He is a classier guy, better team player, and is LOYAL, a word you might not neveeeerrr understand. If you come to us, please understand that every girl you have ever boinked will prolly have a lil rugrat running around and say is ur rugrat, so you have to take responsibility and pay child support. You have been stringing the nba along each of the last few offseasons trying to capture all the attention, is that because you were never loved as a child? If so, seek therapy. Oh, Dwight, go learn how to play basketball from guys like Hakeem, stop relying on the fact that your just big. Learn some post moves, maybe even from Andrew Bynum on his off bowling nights. Oh, and 60% of all back surgeries are reoccurring ones.Welcome to Atlanta.

This is not a recruiting pitch at all. This is like one of those welcome to the White House Mr. Obama from the GOP.

• Like 2

Dwight,We have a great team here in Atlanta. Coach Bud can help you become even better like he helped Tim Duncan become one of the best big men of all-time. We have two scorers here already that will compliment you very well in Lou Williams and Al Horford. Both of them were double-figure scorers last year. Al doesn't demand too many touches, and Lou is a great passer, so you will get a lot of touches despite having two other scorers. We have four draft picks this year, so as they develop, we will keep getting stronger. Also, John Jenkins, Mike Scott, and Shelvin Mack are all under contract this season, making it more youthful than your Orlando team, which got older quickly.We would love to have you back in your hometown, and we will cheer for you a lot. You could attract Chris Paul, and we have the cap space to sign him also, bringing you a great, All-Star, young PG to play with.Please come home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of "scrubs" . . . ATLscrublove is the guy who can have the most effect from a fan standpoint, since he's our "unofficial" video editor.

Make a video featuring Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, and Al Horford. Title it . . "The NEW Big 3 in Atlanta?"

Compile a series of the best highlights featuring those 3 player, along with good interview soundbites. Even do some on-screen graphics citing their accomplishments as NBA players.

He's a creative video maker, so I'm sure he can come up with something real good in about 2 weeks. I wish my editing skills were tight. I'd do it.