• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud wants ball movement!

Nicholasp27

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227905/Budenholzer-Plans-To-Implement-Ball-Movement-Centric-Offense-With-Hawks Drew said similar things when he got promoted and we did temporarily and thrived on it but then he let smoove and others take over and the team got away from him I'm hoping bud along with ferry's selection of players, can more permanently implement ball movement Pop called bud his co-coach so I'm hoping he is 70% as good as one of the top 5 coaches of all time

We had ball movement but very little player movement and we were still a jump shooting team. How many times did Al and Josh pass out of the paint for a long 2 or 3 when they should have taken the shot.

The idea of ball movement is to get the defense moving and to create easier looks.

We had ball movement but very little player movement and we were still a jump shooting team. How many times did Al and Josh pass out of the paint for a long 2 or 3 when they should have taken the shot.

The idea of ball movement is to get the defense moving and to create easier looks.

How do you expect that to change? The personnel reflects our results.

How do you expect that to change? The personnel reflects our results.

We have 3 players under contract - what personnel? The players the Hawks bring in will reflect the results.

Good point on the lack of player movement. Other than Korver and our Josh-Horford high-low play we didn't use many off-ball screens or anything.

BUD WANTS BALL MOVEMENT! Well, that pretty much rules out Mr. Dwight 1.5 APG in 35 MPG Howard.

How many assists do you think that Hibbert and Spittler average? D12 is a willing passer, he may not be great at it but he does pass. Even in post ups he doesn't hold the ball long.

BUD WANTS BALL MOVEMENT! Well, that pretty much rules out Mr. Dwight 1.5 APG in 35 MPG Howard.

How many assists do you think that Hibbert and Spittler average? D12 is a willing passer, he may not be great at it but he does pass. Even in post ups he doesn't hold the ball long.

lol wtf centers arent suppose to rack up assist they are your finishers.

I'm not talking about finishing, I'm talking about not being a black hole. Below are the career assist averages of some of the greatest centers of all time, and they averaged considerably more than 1.5 APG. Bottom line is Howard is a black hole. 1.5 assists and twice as many turnovers. With as many double teams as Howard sees, he should average twice as many assists.

Wilt Chamberlain 4.4 APG

Bill Russell 4.3 APG

Kareem Abdul Jabbar 3.6 APG

Dave Cowens 3.8 APG

Bob Lanier 3.1 APG

Wes Unseld 3.9 APG

David Robinson 2.5 APG

Tim Duncan 2.7 APG

Shaquille O'Neal 2.5 APG

Nate Thurmond 2.7 APG

Walt Bellamy 2.4 APG

Bob McAdoo 2.3 APG

I'm not talking about finishing, I'm talking about not being a black hole. Below are the career assist averages of some of the greatest centers of all time, and they averaged considerably more than 1.5 APG. Bottom line is Howard is a black hole. 1.5 assists and twice as many turnovers. With as many double teams as Howard sees, he should average twice as many assists.

Wilt Chamberlain 4.4 APG

Bill Russell 4.3 APG

Dave Cowens 3.8 APG

Bob Lanier 3.1 APG

Wes Unseld 3.9 APG

David Robinson 2.5 APG

Tim Duncan 2.7 APG

Shaquille O'Neal 2.5 APG

Nate Thurmond 2.7 APG

Walt Bellamy 2.4 APG

Bob McAdoo 2.3 APG

Shaq is a very good passing big and even he averaged 2.5 assist a game. Dwight is great at passing as some as someone comes down to double and giving the SF/SG an open three or swing it around for a hockey assist for Dwight.

Wilt Chamberlain 4.4 APG

Bill Russell 4.3 APG

Dave Cowens 3.8 APG

Bob Lanier 3.1 APG

Wes Unseld 3.9 APG

David Robinson 2.5 APG

Tim Duncan 2.7 APG

Shaquille O'Neal 2.5 APG

Nate Thurmond 2.7 APG

Walt Bellamy 2.4 APG

Bob McAdoo 2.3 APG

You may call D12 a lot of things - a black hole is not one of them.

I would like to see comparative assists to Dwight's contemporaries, not guys who played eyons ago (beside TD and Shaq) since the game has changed.

Shaq averaged 1 whole assist more per game. TD 1 & 1/4 assist - WOW!!!!

• Premium Member

You may call D12 a lot of things - a black hole is not one of them.

I would like to see comparative assists to Dwight's contemporaries, not guys who played eyons ago (beside TD and Shaq) since the game has changed.

Shaq averaged 1 whole assist more per game. TD 1 & 1/4 assist - WOW!!!!

That's a losing argument. The point is that passing doesn't have to originate from the C position, especially not an offensively dominate C.

Watchman brought up passing stats of all those guys, but which of those guys were career 57.7% shooters from the field? Not Timmy D. Not Hibbert. Not Marc Gasol. The only guy is Shaq. Offensively, D Howard is teetering at being the second best scorer of all time and somebody wants him to be a better passer??

That's a losing argument. The point is that passing doesn't have to originate from the C position, especially not an offensively dominate C.Watchman brought up passing stats of all those guys, but which of those guys were career 57.7% shooters from the field? Not Timmy D. Not Hibbert. Not Marc Gasol. The only guy is Shaq. Offensively, D Howard is teetering at being the second best scorer of all time and somebody wants him to be a better passer??

My point exactly - worrying about D12 and assists is pointless.

That's a losing argument. The point is that passing doesn't have to originate from the C position, especially not an offensively dominate C.

Watchman brought up passing stats of all those guys, but which of those guys were career 57.7% shooters from the field? Not Timmy D. Not Hibbert. Not Marc Gasol. The only guy is Shaq. Offensively, D Howard is teetering at being the second best scorer of all time and somebody wants him to be a better passer??

Not sure what your comments have to do with ball movement, but whatever. Someone doesn't have to originate a play to be a ball mover. Bottom line is he doesn't move the ball. He dunks it or turns it over. Second best scorer of all time? That would be someone like Chamberlain, Abdul Jabbar, Jordan or Kobe. Howard is an 18 PPG career scorer. That's nowhere near second best of all time. I don't recall mentioning Hibbert or Gasol, so I don't know where your comment is coming from. I'm glad Howard makes 57.7% of his dunks.

Hey, if you guys want Howard, maybe you'll get him. However, expecting a championship from him is a waste of time. If he can't even get a top four playoff seed with an all-star lineup like he had in LA, (in spite of one of the worst coaches ever), he isn't likely to win a championship.

Not sure what your comments have to do with ball movement, but whatever. Someone doesn't have to originate a play to be a ball mover. Bottom line is he doesn't move the ball. He dunks it or turns it over. Second best scorer of all time? That would be someone like Chamberlain, Abdul Jabbar, Jordan or Kobe. Howard is an 18 PPG career scorer. That's nowhere near second best of all time. I don't recall mentioning Hibbert or Gasol, so I don't know where your comment is coming from. I'm glad Howard makes 57.7% of his dunks.

Hey, if you guys want Howard, maybe you'll get him. However, expecting a championship from him is a waste of time. If he can't even get a top four playoff seed with an all-star lineup like he had in LA, (in spite of one of the worst coaches ever), he isn't likely to win a championship.

This is a bad post.

LA was a terrible fit with a lot of extremely old players who were stars in name only. Orlando was extremely hard to beat and the only star on the team was Dwight. You put Dwight in a favorable situation, you can win numerous rings.

• Premium Member

If you haven't learned this yet, in basketball, you need at least one player that you can count on for points. That would be Howard, we can have 4 guys moving and Howard working for position. He can play 2 man game of repost with the point. But at the end of the day, the offense will flow to (not through) our C because he gives us the best chance to score. He's the 2nd best FG scorer in history... why are we talking about using him like Pau Gasol?