• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: The Hawks May Already Be Guilty of Tampering

PSSSHHHRRR87

Bingo.

The punishment is a fine as well as lost branding. Basically, by making such a f***ing stupid error you are telling people that you are not good at your job. And who wants to work for someone who is not good at their job? Or cheer for a team that is making blatantly stupid moves? There is a reason why the Hawks twitter has the least amount of followers for the entire NBA.

I guess one could argue that their branding is so low that this really isn't hurting them so bad. But no one is making this argument, people are seeing the A$G as shrewd and calculated with this move...Right.

Posted Image

The owners should do whatever they can to get this picture removed from the internet.

• Like 1

Don't see what all the fuss is about. It sounds like a deliberate move to me. Maybe just maybe it plants the seed in Howard and CP3's minds. Otherwise, Howard is probably not sharp enough to make the connection on his own.

Don't see what all the fuss is about. It sounds like a deliberate move to me. Maybe just maybe it plants the seed in Howard and CP3's minds. Otherwise, Howard is probably not sharp enough to make the connection on his own.

Then why would the Hawks release this statement:

Hawks president Bob Williams issued a statement on the issue Tuesday evening. “The letter that has been referred to was written by one of our season ticket reps of his own volition. While certainly he is a member of our business staff, his specific reference clearly does not represent how our basketball operations or our business staff have consistently communicated about free agency. It is unfortunate that this mistake, by a single ticket rep with no ill intent, occurred.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/hawks-mention-of-howard-paul-in-letter-may-constit/nYBg6/

A$G, where mistakes happen all the freaking time.

(And it was by a stupid ticket rep like I had anticipated. Those people are dumb and annoying.)

Then why would the Hawks release this statement:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/hawks-mention-of-howard-paul-in-letter-may-constit/nYBg6/

A$G, where mistakes happen all the freaking time.

(And it was by a stupid ticket rep like I had anticipated. Those people are dumb and annoying.)

Still don't see what the big deal is. Given how susceptible Howard is to guilt, just think of the guilt trip we can lay on him if we get fined.

Please stop with all the 'Sky is falling nonsense', at least wait until we lose all of our draft picks and get fined the cost of the franchise forcing the ASG to sell before we all go bat-shit crazy.Posted Image

An overzealous ticket rep trying to bump sales.Posted Image

• Moderators

Still don't see what the big deal is. Given how susceptible Howard is to guilt, just think of the guilt trip we can lay on him if we get fined.

If Howard succumbs to any guilt trip, it'll be the one that Kupcake and Kobe lay on him for trying to leave, not what some petty ticket rep said.

• Moderators

Like you know how much dirty stuff ferry must have done to get billy knight to take joe johnson? Pictures roofies dead little people all sorts of messed up stuff. This is nothing

...or when Ferry turned in tapes on Rondo and another player later in the year. lol Difference is that Ferry made those moves, not some pinion in the peanut gallery.

At this point in time, I am more interested in seeing the actual letter that the sales rep sent out than pointing out how right I was about the A$G management being idiots. Anyone find a link to that?

Edited by hawksfanatic

At this point in time, I am more interested in seeing the actual letter that the sales rep sent out than pointing out how right I was about the A$G management being idiots. Anyone find a link to that?

We ALL know that the ASG management are idiots, definitely not news.

Since we probably have to pay a fine anyway, Ferry might as well give Dwight and CP3 a call.

This being a big story is bittersweet. It sorta makes the Hawks organization a laughing stock again, while continuing to mention the Dwight and CP3 possibilities to the worldwide media.

Ha, ya, this letter was definitely written by a 21 year old kid straight out of college who then blasted it to every person in his contact list all in an effort to try to sell a season ticket. Definitely had nothing to do with Ferry, Bob Williams, or any of the owners.