• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you could do it over....knowing what we know now...

Diesel

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Toss up between Hollins and Bud, but no doubt I'd take Bud over Karl/Spoelstra. Spoelstra is only a coach because A) LeBron, Wade, and Bosh don't need a lot of coaching, and B) Spoelstra is someone Riley can control. Karl is old and won't coaching much longer. Bud is relatively young and comes from a great system. In the end, I love the idea of bringing in Coach Bud and continuing the plight towards excellence.

• Premium Member

Yes, yes, yes

Because NONE of those guys could institute the best style of basketball that's being played in the league right now except Budz.

Isn't that what Hollins did in Memphs?

They use analytics. He plays a grind it down style. He has actually coached.

I should have put Jason Kidd in that mix too since he's new news.

I hate how before we hired Booty Holder, Doc Rivers said he was going to be loyal to the Celtics, but now he's saying it's time for a change. That's the coach I wanted, but I think Budweiser will do well here.

He thinking about leaving the celtics because they are going to be in a transitional stage like we are. He wont come here unless cp3 and d12 are committed.

• Premium Member

I hate how before we hired Booty Holder, Doc Rivers said he was going to be loyal to the Celtics, but now he's saying it's time for a change. That's the coach I wanted, but I think Budweiser will do well here.

So you would take Doc over Bud?

The man hasn't had a chance to coach one game for us yet. We don't know how good or not-so-good he will be until they suit up next season. Would Doc be anywhere without KG, Allen & Pierce? Evidently Memphis thought someone else could have done better with their roster (that remains to be seen) than Hollins did. Stan Van Gundy isn't interested in coaching this year.

You have really turned into a bitter, negative Nellie.

• Premium Member

I don't think we missed with Bud. I don't know how good he will be coaching for his first time. It's sorta like Woody. Woody was coming off of a championship team, longtime Larry Brown assistant and Looked like a good guy to grow with our guys.

Given the choice however, I easily take Doc. NOt just because of his experience. Also because of his roots to Atlanta. Also because of his attractiveness to free agents looking for a championship situation.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The man hasn't had a chance to coach one game for us yet. We don't know how good or not-so-good he will be until they suit up next season. Would Doc be anywhere without KG, Allen & Pierce? Evidently Memphis thought someone else could have done better with their roster (that remains to be seen) than Hollins did. Stan Van Gundy isn't interested in coaching this year.

You have really turned into a bitter, negative Nellie.

Doc took a nothing team in Orlando to the playoffs and a 50% win% when people first asked could he coach. I'm not bitter... I'm welcoming to Bud. But bottom line, what you said is right, Bud hasn't coached or made 1 decision. Yet we've labeled him as a culture changer, a winner, better than his predecessors etc.. Slow your roll. He hasn't done anything yet. He could be Red Auerbach or he could be Lon Kruger. We don't know.

• Like 1

Doc took a nothing team in Orlando to the playoffs and a 50% win% when people first asked could he coach. I'm not bitter... I'm welcoming to Bud. But bottom line, what you said is right, Bud hasn't coached or made 1 decision. Yet we've labeled him as a culture changer, a winner, better than his predecessors etc.. Slow your roll. He hasn't done anything yet. He could be Red Auerbach or he could be Lon Kruger. We don't know.

We do know Doc. We do know Lionel Hollins. What coach('s) have done the most with the least? What coach do players want to play for? I believe Drew did exceptionally well here. I think Randy Wittman has done well. I believe Nate McMillian has the experience and right relationships to bring players.

And by the way, outside of winning what does this "change the culture" mean?

Edited by Swatguy
  • Like 1