• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't want Dwight.

TheRedStripes

This sounds quite personal. Was there anywhere I addressed you individually?

No where did I say that as anyone's theory. Why are you forcing ill feeling at me?

I want the Hawks basketball to equal Spurs basketball. But I don't want to go be a Spurs fan like you mentioned... So now what? I'm not trying to force any ill feeling towards you at all, even though you've come in here borderline insulting another member based on their differing opinion. I'm just questioning what you're saying. :)

@Dolfan, is there some type of Private Messaging where I can talk to a poster in private?

@Stripes, I have no quarrels with you. I just find it to be unjust that all this time till the trade, everyone loved Howard and now he's this b***h to everyone because of one year where he clearly didn't fit and even then he had an impactful year once he was in shape and they buckled in and played defense.

I want the Hawks basketball to equal Spurs basketball. But I don't want to go be a Spurs fan like you mentioned... So now what? I'm not trying to force any ill feeling towards you at all, even though you've come in here borderline insulting another member based on their differing opinion. I'm just questioning what you're saying. Posted Image

I will address this post in Private Messenging if it is available. I am not liking your tone and delivery at all. Very combative and quite disrespectful.

@Dolfan, is there some type of Private Messaging where I can talk to a poster in private?

@Stripes, I have no quarrels with you. I just find it to be unjust that all this time till the trade, everyone loved Howard and now he's this b***h to everyone because of one year where he clearly didn't fit and even then he had an impactful year once he was in shape and they buckled in and played defense.

It's cool I don't take it personal. I made the post originally because I have an opinion that getting Dwight might not be the best option and possibly it won't win us a championship. You disagree and that's fine. I love debating topics like this.

I will address this post in Private Messenging if it is available. I am not liking your tone and delivery at all. Very combative and quite disrespectful.

Not sure how I'm coming off any more combative or disrespectful than you are... But if you click on a member's profile, it should read something like "Send me a private message."

Edited by mattlanta

It's cool I don't take it personal. I made the post originally because I have an opinion that getting Dwight might not be the best option and possibly it won't win us a championship. You disagree and that's fine. I love debating topics like this.

@Stripes, you are entitled to your opinion. I am 100% certain, you aren't the only member with questions on Howard. See Neko, mattlanta, Dolfan who seems to see your point. I just didn't and I felt it was a rant and it was to some degree but some of what you said is heartfelt is true. Dwight is a goofball. The media has said, not Dwight but the media has said numerous times over the years D12 doesn't want to come play in Atlanta. It's hard when you talk to fans of other teams and they disrespect you and insult your alligence because you have players like Dwight acting like this sucks. I am born ATL as well. I know if I had a chance to play for the Hawks I will. Then again, I want to win a title and a lot of the as well. Maybe he just didn't think Atlanta would be the place he could win a ring at till now.

The thing is we do not know. That's why I don't get mad at ANY of these players. They are just entertainers who want to win at their job like any of us would. Just my take. I do apologize. I was condescending to you at first and gave your thread a 1 star. I will change it. My bad.

(( tipsy . . but touching all of you on the side of the head like Mr. Spock in Star Trek II ))

REMEMBER . . .

And this was in a loss, because his teammates sucked, and JJ, Jamal, and Kirk Hinrich were just too good this game.

This wasn't on Dwight at all though. He did all he could that game. Hawks gameplan and overall play was just better.

• Like 2

(( tipsy . . but touching all of you on the side of the head like Mr. Spock in Star Trek II ))

REMEMBER . . .

And this was in a loss, because his teammates sucked, and JJ, Jamal, and Kirk Hinrich were just too good this game.

This wasn't on Dwight at all though. He did all he could that game. Hawks gameplan and overall play was just better.

Dwight is suppose to suck and not be about his business. Dwight is not suppose to look serious. He's a goofball, a loser, not someone I want on my team. That's my problem with some of these naysayers. He didn't fit in LA, they are old, can't spread the court and every position in LA is a bad fit for Dwight. It really unfair to use that year for Dwight. I wouldn't even use this year for Josh because it put him in a bad situation. Playing PF next to Al as a #1 option. The offense while improved in pace still didn't really play fast at all if you watched the games. Having to cover for undersized guards and Korver on the perimeter without having much size himself. Just not fair to Josh.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Dwight is suppose to suck and not be about his business. Dwight is not suppose to look serious. He's a goofball, a loser, not someone I want on my team. That's my problem with some of these naysayers. He didn't fit in LA, they are old, can't spread the court and every position in LA is a bad fit for Dwight. It really unfair to use that year for Dwight. I wouldn't even use this year for Josh because it put him in a bad situation. Playing PF next to Al as a #1 option. The offense while improved in pace still didn't really play fast at all if you watched the games. Having to cover for undersized guards and Korver on the perimeter without having much size himself. Just not fair to Josh.

Wow! First Dwight and now Josh??? My goodness.

You must remeber Josh stepped into this situation. He thought he could be the man, two seasons ago he was stealing shots from Joe, Teague, Horford, well you get it. If I'm not mistaken he was taking more long shots than anyone in the league not named Kobe, like he was the secong coming of Dirk Nowitski. Which he isn't.

Now, if I'm correct you feel Josh was treated unfairly and you probably want him re-signed alongside Dwight... Like this was a recipe for success... SMH

I'm with you, Red. Never been impressed by Howard. It seems obvious to me that his game now and going forward will decline rapidly because he has no intangibles, leadership (eh, Leadership?), or the proper attitude to fall back on when his physical gifts, which his whole value is based on, start to diminish, like they clearly did last season when he led his team to 0 playoff wins. As someone who loves Hakeem, it's a pain (or hilarious depending on how you look at it) to watch the kid more often than not with his skill set still being so raw after all these years. I respect Leadership's well-thought-out opinions. He clearly thinks he's a GM, so in a short time he has managed to rub a few people the wrong way. He's just a basketball snob like I am so I can relate. But I think it's almost a fact that Dwight's highly possibly volatile locker room presence makes the decision to max him a very foolish one. You just don't max a guy with clear red flags known by the entire league. Kobe is arguably the fiercest competitor in the game. They hated each other. Am I missing something? His diminishing value seems so obvious. I don't want a guy to dominate payroll who dogs it on defense and sulks like my niece when he isn't "getting his touches," when his coaches see him day in and out have trouble actually catching the ball ( and becoming an easy steal target for helpers), passing accurately out of doubles, and embarrassing himself at the stripe while making snafus one after another in front of a mic, or much worse, "social media" aka Dummies Media.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I agree with Red.It's not that D12 isn't a great player, its that he's wrong for what Ferry says he wants to build. If you look at Bobby Cox, Mike Smith or Pop they had the backing of the front office which is exactly what Bud has. Dwight doesn't take well to actual coaching.If we signed him he'd end up sulking and we'd have to trade him for pennies on the dollar.

The ignorance in this thread is astounding. You guys seem to be more in to soap operas than building a contender. Dwight is the best Center in the league by a wide margin and he gives us our best chance to win a title. Maybe yall should stick to Days of our Lives instead of following the NBA>

• Like 2

• Moderators

I agree with Red.

It's not that D12 isn't a great player, its that he's wrong for what Ferry says he wants to build. If you look at Bobby Cox, Mike Smith or Pop they had the backing of the front office which is exactly what Bud has. Dwight doesn't take well to actual coaching.

If we signed him he'd end up sulking and we'd have to trade him for pennies on the dollar.

Coach Bud and Ferry have said the same thing when it comes to building "their" type of team:

[*]Defense First - Dwight is a 3 time DPOY and 2 time league leader in blocked shots.

[*]Ball Movement - Dwight played that style of offense in Orlando and got to the Finals in this style of offense.

[*]Transition Basketball - Dwight is great at making plays on defense that quickly turn to offense. Has the quickness and athleticism to run on the fast break.

[*]Post Offense - Dwight has KG-type moves on the block. Absolutely a dominating force in the post and gets a lot of points off of offensive rebounds. (Atlanta was 27th in the league in offensive rebounds)

[*]Love of Shooters - This goes with the Ball Movement title, but Dwight is the type of center you need when your offense is based on ball movement and shooters. Dwight takes up a lot of space and comes up more times than not with offensive rebounds.

Also, Dwight takes well to coaching when he actually has a coach. D'Antoni is a joke and Dwight was never used effectively in his offense until Kobe went down and Pau came back. Dwight and SVG have a great relationship and since SVG was fired from the Magic, Dwight has a new found respect and love for SVG. Dwight would take well to Coach Bud, especially with his PD coach from LAL, Darvin Ham, on the bench next to Bud. They say that the best coaches in sports are ones that learn to work with the players that they have and not the ones that attempt to force a style upon their players. Coach Bus IS that type of coach. Completely flexible and customizable with no set game plan coming in. Coach Bud will build a game plan around the players he has. Look at what Popovich does. Every series this playoffs has been a different Spurs offense/defense. Pop's (and Coach Bud's) style is to analyze and adjust. He doesn't have a set offense or game plan.

One more thing, Dwight and Pau towards the end of the season was an absolutely dominating force. Dwight and Horford would be no different.

• Like 2

Yes. That is why the Lakers, with the best C and the best SG in the league managed to reach the finals. Oh wait...

I'M TOLD the Spurs swept them in the 1st round.

I don't recall Kobe playing in that series. I also don't recall the starting lineup all being healthy at the same time for more than like 5 straight games all season.

Howard played injured for most of the season and he still put up 20 pts 12 rebounds 2,5 blocks on 60% shooting over the last half of the year.

Congrats for adding to the ignorance in this thread.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 2