• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tonight - less than an Hour - 1st Potential Elim. Game for Heat

DJlaysitup

Mark it down: Miami wins by double digits and 'Bron gets his Finals MVP, so the media can continue to make comparisons to him and Jordan.

Nope, I see a hell of a game seven coming.

Down the stretch, Pop made some coaching mistakes.

Refs let the Cavs back in, then they let the cavs win so that there can be a game 7.

San Antonio was robbed by the refs who made several no-calls. At one point, I am watching Ginobilli getting hacked up and then somehow Ray Allen is at the line. The play before it was worst. The play after it was the worst. The who world saw the NBA and it's game fixing right there.

It was a bad no call on Manu but Allen was fouled on purpose, they had to make that call. Duncan was not in to get the board, then Allen knocked down a miracle three. Parker was already exhausted and playing on a sore hamstring. The game was over once it got to OT.

What a crazy game... Bosh clearly fouled Green on that last play with a mid-air hip-check. Anyway, can't blame the loss on that one play. SA had a few chances to win this game.

It all comes down to tomorrow.

One of the best games I've ever watched. I'm not a Heat or Spurs fan. I like Lebron and want to see a good series. So happy to see a game 7 as basketball fans its fun to watch.

I don't think the refs stole this game from the Spurs. Yes there were questionable calls down the stretch, but I don't think they were outrageous. Heat got strange calls as well. Let's not forget the layup Lebron had in OT where Green swiped down on his chest and hand and Lebron lost the ball out of bounds. This was the same as the Manu play. If you aren't going to call that on the Lebron play you can't call it for Manu.

As for the last block you can't call it. The block was clean. Yes there was contact on the body after the shot. I felt it had no effect on the shot. By the letter of the law yes a foul but a good no call unless you are a Spurs fan.

Pop did make some strange player personal decisions down the stretch. The fact you can argue either way proves that it wasn't the norm.

I really don't care who wins I just pull for Lebron because of all the hate he gets. The only thing this guy has done wrong was the stupid made for tv "Decision" which you can hate ESPN as much as Lebron for that show. He plays hard and that is all you can ask for a guy that plays on your team. Keeps out of trouble and works hard. What's not to like about the guy, oh by the way another triple double for the guy. Now he is second to Magic in triple doubles in post season. Not bad for a guy that 90% of the world hates. Can't figure out all the hate.

As basketball fans its great to have a game 7. Let's hope we get a game like we just had last night.

I'm the biggest supporter of Pop there is, but leaving Tim Duncan out of the deciding seconds of a Finals Closeout Game is beyond dumbfounding. Im sure hes the stand-up guy and apologized to his team for his f@ck-up. Bosh wouldn't dream of getting those two easy offensive boards with Tim in there. Ginobili probably got a longer leash than he deserved as well. At the end if the day, the Heat made the plays they had to and they got a ho-hum 30-10-10 triple-double in 50 minutes from The King. Best man wins Thursday, and that's how it should be, but damn I thought the Spurs would close this one out. They know they're the better squad, and they know Miami knows it. Give Spo his due. He asked for the best defensive quarter of the playoffs from his team, and dammit he got it, let alone keeping the team's composure after those two ridiculously impossible shots from Parker.

Edited by benhillboy

I can't believe that people are defending Pop for putting in Splitter over Parker on the last play. It's obvious that Splitter isn't going to be shooting the 3 so the defender can hedge. If you want to put a big in for the screen, why not Bonner so his defender will actually have to pay attention to him.

and Tony Parker is by far the Spurs best offensive perimeter player. It's not even close.

Edited by JETSET

Lebron's statline was impressive but he almost cost them that game with his terrible decisions down the stretch and his reluctance to shoot a jumper. He had a turnover and shot an air ball in the last 90 seconds of the game. He had Parker on him and Parker was playing about 2 ft off of him when he was only about 10 ft from the basket and he was still scared to take the shot on 2 straight possessions.

I'm the biggest supporter of Pop there is, but leaving Tim Duncan out of the deciding seconds of a Finals Closeout Game is beyond dumbfounding. Im sure hes the stand-up guy and apologized to his team for his f@ck-up. Bosh wouldn't dream of getting those two easy offensive boards with Tim in there. Ginobili probably got a longer leash than he deserved as well. At the end if the day, the Heat made the plays they had to and they got a ho-hum 30-10-10 triple-double in 50 minutes from The King. Best man wins Thursday, and that's how it should be, but damn I thought the Spurs would close this one out. They know they're the better squad, and they know Miami knows it. Give Spo his due. He asked for the best defensive quarter of the playoffs from his team, and dammit he got it.

Taking Parker out on the defensive side I almost understand. But not Duncan on either end. And leaving Manu in without Parker to be bring the ball up and dribble all day at the top of the key was not a solid choice either.

• Moderators

Lebron's statline was impressive but he almost cost them that game with his terrible decisions down the stretch and his reluctance to shoot a jumper. He had a turnover and shot an air ball in the last 90 seconds of the game. He had Parker on him and Parker was playing about 2 ft off of him when he was only about 10 ft from the basket and he was still scared to take the shot on 2 straight possessions.

You can undue a lot of that harm with a couple of free fouls from the refs at critical moments.

I fear that pulling out Duncan is going to have the same series deciding result that the Hibbert decision did for the Pacers but I hope my fears are unfounded.

You can undue a lot of that harm with a couple of free fouls from the refs at critical moments.

I fear that pulling out Duncan is going to have the same series deciding result that the Hibbert decision did for the Pacers but I hope my fears are unfounded.

I am sure Leonard feels like shit. You could see it in his face just minutes after his 1 for 2 at the line. .825% FT shooter for the season has to make both of those and does 80% of the time.

Leonard is shooting just .644 from the charity stripe in the playoffs.

• Moderators

I am sure Leonard feels like shit. You could see it in his face just minutes after his 1 for 2 at the line. .825% FT shooter for the season has to make both of those and does 80% of the time.

Leonard is shooting just .644 from the charity stripe in the playoffs.

I am sure he does but while the Spurs left points at the line it wasn't that bad. What killed them was giving up the second looks that cost them 6 points after initial misses by Miami and then not getting to go to the line when they were fouled.

I am sure he does but while the Spurs left points at the line it wasn't that bad. What killed them was giving up the second looks that cost them 6 points after initial misses by Miami and then not getting to go to the line when they were fouled.

I agree, it was a combination. Missed FT's cost them, rebounding cost them, and the two no calls cost them. I still think the Spurs have a shot in game 7. Pop, Duncan, and Parker will not quit and I bet Green, Neal, and Leonard would like nothing better than to set another new 3pt record.

• Moderators

I gotta say that even I was dumbfounded that they let Duncan check in during a video review. Here is an article about it but had the spurs converted, or worse had duncan scored, what would be the nba decision today. I know its moot but really a major blunder.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/tony-parker-misses-game-winner-may-illegal-play-072304921.html

The other thing is I thought Parker should have tried to go to the hole. He could have drawn a foul there.

Taking Duncan out twice in the last two possensions and then taking Parker out for Splitter when down by 3 with 1.9 seconds remaining. A HS coach wouldn't even f*** that one up.

That's just Pop making a dumb mistake. I don't see that as Spo out coaching him.

Gotta give it to the Heat. Two guys you don't expect to make key defensive plays in Bosh and Ray made them. Possibly 10 Hall of Fame resumes will be revised Thursday night.I think Pat Riley deserves a lot of credit for the way he's remained in the background. Not a single remotely disparaging remark or second-guess about his his video coordinator coach or changing key personnel on the roster, especially in this world of social media garbage. A lot of times he's forgotten when you talk of historic coaches and basketball minds, but another ring and you can never exclude him.

Edited by benhillboy

Gotta give it to the Heat. Two guys you don't expect to make key defensive plays in Bosh and Ray made them. Possibly 10 Hall of Fame resumes will be revised Thursday night.

Ray Rays defense is underrated and over shadowed by his offense. Doc loved Ray for his energy on both ends of the floor. Bosh on the other hand is a joke most possessions on D, but having Bron, Wade, and Allen around helps him with his motivation.

I guess I'll happily sit in the minority then when I say that I think it was a great play to have Duncan throw the pass and Splitter set the screen to get your best SHOOTER an open 3 to tie the game. I certainly don't get those who are claiming that Parker is the best perimeter player on the team as that really has no definition and doesn't equate to needing a 3pt shot with 1.9 seconds left. In my eyes Pop drew up a beautiful play, Splitter set a beautiful screen, Duncan threw a beautiful pass and then Bosh made a hell of a play to block the shot, even though there was clearly a foul there. I know there's nobody I would want taking that shot if I were Pop than the guy who just broke the NBA finals record from 3 and has been scorching the nets from there this series.

• Like 2

I guess I'll happily sit in the minority then when I say that I think it was a great play to have Duncan throw the pass and Splitter set the screen to get your best SHOOTER an open 3 to tie the game. I certainly don't get those who are claiming that Parker is the best perimeter player on the team as that really has no definition and doesn't equate to needing a 3pt shot with 1.9 seconds left. In my eyes Pop drew up a beautiful play, Splitter set a beautiful screen, Duncan threw a beautiful pass and then Bosh made a hell of a play to block the shot, even though there was clearly a foul there. I know there's nobody I would want taking that shot if I were Pop than the guy who just broke the NBA finals record from 3 and has been scorching the nets from there this series.

Everyone in the building knew that Splitter wouldn't be taking the 3 which allowed Bosh to cheat towards Green. If Pop puts Bonner out there to set the screen, Bosh has to respect Bonner's ability to hit the 3 which takes away his chance to hedge on Green.

• Like 1

Everyone in the building knew that Splitter wouldn't be taking the 3 which allowed Bosh to cheat towards Green. If Pop puts Bonner out there to set the screen, Bosh has to respect Bonner's ability to hit the 3 which takes away his chance to hedge on Green.

You really think the Heat would have worried about a guy who's played a total of 1 minute in the past 2 games combined and 35 total minutes in 6 games? And more than that as a coach you want Pop to put the game on the line with that player vs going with the hot hand? Nah there's no way I'm bringing Bonner off the bench in that situation. And it's not like anyone could have anticipated that Bosh would have made such an amazing play there (even if he did foul). The vast majority of the time Green is going to get that shot up and he had a great look at it and had Bosh not made a tremendous effort to get there who knows what happens but no way you can count on Bosh being able to make that play.