• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Hawks Assistants

batfanjordanv

The Hawks have hired two new assistants in Coach Quin Snyder and Coach Darvin Ham. It looks like Coach Bender and Coach Van Exel are out, as they have been working out prospects with Coach Drew in Milwaukee. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about Coach Snyder or Coach Ham. Coach Snyder had a great stint as a head coach in the D-League, taking his team to the Finals, and he has coached under legendary CSKA Moscow Coach Messina. As for Coach Ham, he is a former Hawk player, and while neither his pro playing career nor coaching career has lived up to his college playing career, I am always a supporter of bringing back someone who has been part of the organization in the past.

Snyder also coached under Larry Brown in the early 90s with the Clippers. They went to the playoffs 2 years in a row for the 1 st time in franchise history. Then Brown left for the Pacers Job and Snyder went back to Duke to coach under Coach K. He earned his law degree from Duke while there. He then became the head coach at Missouri where he had a solid record but was fired for minor recruiting violations.Of course he was teammates with at Duke backin the 80s.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I would think the new assistants are way better than the former ones. I mean, look at Snyder's resumé. I trust DF (as long as he doesn't bring JBrick back) and I believe he's hiring a GREAT coaching staff for the Hawks.

We don't have superstars, so the only way to have a great team is having a great coaching staff and a lot of good to very good players in our roster. I wish this is Ferry's plan A. Sign a lot of solid players to good contracts, go for foreign players in the draft, and build the team à la Spurs. The Atlanta-Euro Hawks!

• Moderators

IMHO, I absolutely love our new coaching staff. Coach Bud has been in a championship program for the last 19 years learning from the best coach in the league. Snyder was a great coach for Mizzou and in D-League and has learned from the great Ettore Messina and Coach K. Darvin Ham will give the coaching staff a ex-player that the team will be able to relate with and will possibly help us snag Dwight. Ham is also good at developing guys.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Cool, another Bobby Knight disciple!

~lw3