• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And so it begins

thecampster

In a post a few weeks ago, I made a point of telling everyone that players/team personnel couldn't discuss anything on the record because everyone is under contract (on queue the tampering event happened days later). Tomorrow, Monday the 24th it begins.

Up until this point, everything you've heard are uneducated rumor mongering to sell papers, web time, advertising. But starting Monday, agents will start to leak free agent intentions. Teams will start to leak possible draft day deals (for Thursday). Although front office personnel and players can't speak, local media personnel will start to reveal what they are told behind the scenes and with every pre-draft trade you will start to get a feel for what is actually going to happen.

This is the first week you can start to believe some rumors. Let it begin.

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard want to play together

Chris Paul is unhappy about not landing Doc

Chandler Parsons has been recruiting Dwight extremely hard

So has James Harden

Dwight has said he will look at all teams and go from there

CP3 has said the same thing.

Both players realize their best chance to get paid and play with each other is only with the Hawks.

Al Horford has said, he will recruit if asked but said that these are men who will make the best decision for them and their families. Respectable comment, no begging.

So far CP3 and D12 haven't shown much of a face to where they are going but the hints they have given is they want to play together and CP3 wants to do that in LA.

Which by CP3 statements, the only thing we know is CP3 wants to stay in LA to play with Dwight but nothing else is given or stated.

Nothing else has really been said or released that is more than coffee shop chatter.

Edited by Leadership
  • Like 1

Ok.. So everyone is on board with the fact that the Clippers and Lakers will pull out all the stops.

If CP3 and D12 are open to boarding a plane to Atlanta, we still have a chance. Once they are in Atlanta, get Ferry, Bud, D12, AL, and CP3 all on the court and let them imagine them playing together.. then get a bad-ass limo and take them to a nice restaurant and rent the whole joint out. Let them bring their entourage too. Let them bring their families.. who cares.. just go ALL OUT. I hope Ferry spends the big bucks and gets the owners to do this.

That is the best scenario. When has Atlanta ever done that? I hope Ferry is thinking the same thing. Take that little ounce of hope and turn it into reality like Pat Riley. Hell, call PR up and ask him how he did it.. was it all D. Wade or was it just Pat?

• Like 2

In a post a few weeks ago, I made a point of telling everyone that players/team personnel couldn't discuss anything on the record because everyone is under contract (on queue the tampering event happened days later). Tomorrow, Monday the 24th it begins.

LOL it's not like you were shouting that the world is round. I think pretty much everyone here has known that for a long time or at the very least found out about during the tampering debacle.

So what is our plan if the big two stay out? Do we go after Jefferson/Iggy/Milsap type players or do we sign one year crappy players with the hopes of winning big in the lottery and have a lot of Fa money next year?

We will answer that question when CP3 and D12 sign elsewhere. As for now, nothing his changed.

• Moderators

The thing about the 2014 FA class is that I believe that we have an even smaller shot at signing anyone big. It makes the draft this year even more crucial for us. Really, I think we'll end up signing maybe one guy long term this year and filling the roster with one year deals again. Coach Bud acknowledged that it's going to be a long process to make this team into a contender. We have Al, Lou, Jenks, and our draft picks. That is all.

Ok.. So everyone is on board with the fact that the Clippers and Lakers will pull out all the stops.

If CP3 and D12 are open to boarding a plane to Atlanta, we still have a chance. Once they are in Atlanta, get Ferry, Bud, D12, AL, and CP3 all on the court and let them imagine them playing together.. then get a bad-ass limo and take them to a nice restaurant and rent the whole joint out. Let them bring their entourage too. Let them bring their families.. who cares.. just go ALL OUT. I hope Ferry spends the big bucks and gets the owners to do this.

That is the best scenario. When has Atlanta ever done that? I hope Ferry is thinking the same thing. Take that little ounce of hope and turn it into reality like Pat Riley. Hell, call PR up and ask him how he did it.. was it all D. Wade or was it just Pat?

Take all potential FA's to D.O.A./Magic City/etc to show them how much $$$ they gonna be trickin out hanging with T.I. and Jeezy.

• Moderators

Also, I've been wondering, with all these reports of the Lakers/Clippers talking to Howard/Paul daily can be occurring? How can these teams go on record stating this without being reprimanded?? Anyone care to chime in?

Because the respective LA still has rights over their respective player... Clippers can still talk to Paul and the Lakers can talk to Dwight. We can't because we don't own rights over them.