• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

Right.

Skip me for not PM'ing a guy at 2 am, but turned around and still did it at 7 am ( when his time on the clock would've started anyway ).

Get a grip man. This isn't some life or death situation, or even something in which we're all going to win some money. We're simply doing this for fun. Most of us have lives outside of Hawksquawk and don't have time to watch this forum every 4 hours or so.

I'm simply giving Cap the benefit of the doubt for it being the weekend. And maybe he had something else FAR MORE IMPORTANT to do, than to make some fantasy pick that isn't even a legit fantasy pick.

If my turn comes up again, and it's the overnight, I'll make SURE to not only PM him when I make my selection, but I'll also make sure to not make an "after hours" pick at all, and use up most of my time before making my pick. That way, someone wouldn't have to be forced to make a pick at 3 in the afternoon, if they have something to do.

Hell, even I could've waited until 3PM to make my pick. I might just do that next time, since you want to have a fit about it.

Well I guess that you've decided to go through with this childish behavior since you were online last night at 10:57 PM EST and had already been sent the PM that your pick was coming up. Way to go, you've really proven your point!

Sorry guys but I'm up in 3 picks and I will be gone all day and have no idea who I'm picking so it's going to be late tonight before I can make my pick.

• Like 1

Keep it up North, I may invite my girlfriend. Your antics are better than Springer! If I hurt your feelings Northcyde, I am so sorry. Here is some cheese to have with your wine and some hankies to dry your eyes.

As my ex use to say to my son when he was crying "poor baby boo boo " rofl!!!!

Well I guess that you've decided to go through with this childish behavior since you were online last night at 10:57 PM EST and had already been sent the PM that your pick was coming up. Way to go, you've really proven your point!

Sorry guys but I'm up in 3 picks and I will be gone all day and have no idea who I'm picking so it's going to be late tonight before I can make my pick.

I will try and make my pick tonight when I get home as well. Hopefully we will not hold anyone up tomorrow :)

With the 61st Pick in The Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft the JayBird ‘Fighting’ Hawks select:

Jimmy Butler, SF 6’-7” 220 lbs

We all saw what he can do with more playing time during the playoffs. I expect more playing time next season with continued improvement. Draftexpress had this to say last year:

Butler is a heady player who plays within a team concept. He defends, he makes the extra pass, he crashes the glass, he has a terrific basketball IQ, and his attitude is a coach's dream. A product of tireless reps in the gym and a detail oriented system, the senior has a very solid floor game, makes good decision with the ball, scraps on both ends, and maximizes the physical tools he does have.

post-2550-0-23342400-1372630049_thumb.jp

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

This is suppose to be a fun exercise guys... Let's not get butt hurt over petty matters. It truly does not matter.

Agreed on 2/3 of this. This is a fun exercise that people should really not be getting worked up over.

But it matters more than anything else you could possibly do with your life. No pressure.

• Like 3

Wow seriously North never made his pick?? In that case it looks like my turn and I'm glad you guys didn't have to wait on me today.

With the 63rd pick, in the 2013 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:
Andre Drummond, C - 6'11" 270 lbs
Rounding out my front court and creating my own dynamic duo of twin towers, the Dynasty take a guy who's incredibly efficient offensively, shooting over 60% from the field last year and also plays tremendous defense and rebounds very well averaging 8 points, 8 boards and 2 blocks in only 21 minutes per game. PER 36 minutes his stats were remarkable, with 14 points, 13 blocks and 3 blocks. On my team he will be the primary focus of the team when we decide to look for points in the paint. On the other end he and Noel will be sending shots away at an incredibly high rate, while also playing great positional defense.
Looking at my current roster I feel like our front court will be able to match up with anyone and while we don't have elite scorers down there, we should get lots of 2nd chances with our offensive rebounding and we'll get lots of steals and lots of shots being altered.
Current Team
PG - Derrick Rose
SG - ??
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - Nerlens Noel
C - Andre Drummond
MaceCase has been PM'd

If Dol takes the last worthwhile wing on my board I'm going to take everything you guys post as a personal attack.

Nah you can have him, I needed a little size in my front court and took one of my favorite players in the game.

• Moderators

I knew Andre Drummond was going to Dolfan for a fact..and it is a great pick at this point in the draft. Ironically, he is the man who utterly undermines the notion that Greg Monroe couldn't put up a great WS/48 last season because he team didn't win enough games. Drummond was a beast in his minutes and should see a significant increase year over year. If he does nothing more than maintain his production, he will be a stud. If he develops, he will be a star. If he regresses but sees a big increase in minutes, he can still be very useful.

Great pick.

• Like 1

I knew Andre Drummond was going to Dolfan for a fact..and it is a great pick at this point in the draft. Ironically, he is the man who utterly undermines the notion that Greg Monroe couldn't put up a great WS/48 last season because he team didn't win enough games. Drummond was a beast in his minutes and should see a significant increase year over year. If he does nothing more than maintain his production, he will be a stud. If he develops, he will be a star. If he regresses but sees a big increase in minutes, he can still be very useful.

Great pick.

Yes it's no secret that I love me some Andre Drummond. On a WS/48 basis Drummond absolutely dominated Monroe last year .172 to .105. In fact Monroe has never had that high of a number on a 48 minute basis.

I nearly took Drummond last round and he will probably be a better pick than Noel but after losing Larry Sanders the pick before (thanks Mace) I didn't want to lose out on a guy who could at some point lead the league in blocks and who should also get a ton of steals with his quick hands.

Good players being picked all the way around. I had Butler pegged as my shooting guard to form a bermuda triangle defense with him, Conley and Gasol!

Edited by Buzzard