• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

With the 47th pick, I'll be selecting Jeff Green from Georgetown. Just a player that plays the game the right way, he majorly improved his game after the all star break and maintained it throughout the playoffs. I see no reason to believe that it'll go back down. A potential number 1 or 2 scorer with my third pick, I'm happy with that.

JBH has been pm'd

• Like 1

With the 47th pick, I'll be selecting Jeff Green from Georgetown. Just a player that plays the game the right way, he majorly improved his game after the all star break and maintained it throughout the playoffs. I see no reason to believe that it'll go back down. A potential number 1 or 2 scorer with my third pick, I'm happy with that. JBH has been pm'd

I really like his game when he shos the aggression that he did in the 2nd half of last season.......there are few players with his size and skill capable of playing SF. Of course he can give a few minutes at PF too. I wouldn't go crazy and call him a #1 scorer in a super league but I do like what he brings. Edited by coachx

After churning through about 20 possible choices, the U-Niques have settled on our man. He is a jack of all trades and stud defender who just completed his age 27 season and is coming off his second consecutive All-Star appearance. He isn't a dominating #1 but he has no weakness and just adds to the table. He missed time in the playoffs but it wasn't an injury, it was an illness that won't affect him going forward. In fact, he has been an iron man who has played big minutes nearly every season of his career. Now he can play those minutes with Wade and Dwight. The U-Niques select: Luol Deng Plus he has had success against Lebron as documented by this overly enthusiastic fan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1TcGUk228o PG:SG: Dwyane WadeSF: Luol DengPF: C: Dwight Howard Alex has been PM'd

Deng was my SF in each of the last 2 years doing this. I love his competitiveness and defense. Good pick. I think I took him in the 3rd round the last 2 years and probably would have again if he lasted. Good pick.

I roll with the waves, baby!

With the 45th pick the MaceCase of the Ex select Larry Sanders, C from VCU via Milwaukee.

Larry, how do you feel about your selection?

Posted Image

Continuing the trend of 3rd year players on the cusp of stardom in their 4th season, Larry has worked his way up to being one of the most feared paint defenders in the entire league actually besting Serge Ibaka for best shot blocking %. Larry has proven to be no slouch either on the boards and has and an improving offensive game. With Larry Drew there to temper and harness the mercurial center/forward's potential the sky is the limit. Larry will be anchoring the defense, protecting Blake and Wall when he gambles while offering yet another young Buck that wants to get out, run and slam the ball down the defense's throat while also being yet another triple double threat on any given night.

Larry definitely wasn't lasting past me. He basically helped me win my fantasy league in the 2nd half of the year, when Chris Bosh started playing like Christina Bosh.

No worries. Surely miss JayBird isn't going to pick the player I have in mind right now.

With the 48th Pick in The Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft the JayBird ‘Fighting’ Hawks select:

Klay Thompson, SG 6’-7” 205 lbs

And with that my backcourt is set for the future.

PG - Kyrie Irvin

SG - Klay Thompson

SF - ???

PF - ???

C - Roy Hibbert

Northcyde has been PM'd.

With the 48th Pick in The Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft the JayBird ‘Fighting’ Hawks select:

PG - Kyrie Irvin

SG - Klay Thompson

SF - ???

PF - ???

C - Roy Hibbert

Northcyde has been PM'd.

Nice! And Daaaaayuuuuum. Was really hoping he'd fall. I figured he'd be long gone and now only three more picks away I was starting to believe.

Jealous.

Nice! And Daaaaayuuuuum. Was really hoping he'd fall. I figured he'd be long gone and now only three more picks away I was starting to believe. Jealous.

hee hee hee

With the 49th pick in the Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft . . . Northcyde United select . . .

(( damn . . gotta wait about 45 - 60 minutes for the pick and the write-up. I'm about to leave work. I'll do this at home ))

It will be an unexpected selection though.

Edit - With the 49th pick in the Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft ... Northcyde United select ...

Brittney Griner

I've had a huge crush on her for a while now and want her badly on my team. Told y'all it would be an unexpected selection.

• Like 2

• Moderators

With the 49th pick in the Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft . . . Northcyde United select . . .

(( damn . . gotta wait about 45 - 60 minutes for the pick and the write-up. I'm about to leave work. I'll do this at home ))

That's just cold man... lol

Sorry for the delay.

As I was saying . . .

With the 49th pick in the Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft . . . Northcyde United select

THE MANIMAL

Kenneth Faried

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E8ryJkC-ww

When you talk about energy players, no guy in the league brings as much energy as The Manimal . . aka the Poor Man's Dennis Rodman. He can run the floor like a guard, seeing that he's one of the fastest players in the league. He can get up in the air and block shots. But most of all, he can flat out dominate the boards.

With an 11.5 rebound per 36 minutes number, Faried racks up both offensive and defensive rebounds. Faried led the Nuggets in Win Score/Share, with a 7.8 number, and posted a WS/48 number of .167. And he was a flat out DEMON in transition, providing the crowd with electrifying plays above the rim.

With two ball-dominant scorers like Melo and Jefferson, we need players that are going to do the little things. Faried will do ALL of the little things, on both sides of the floor. Faried will instantly become a fan favorite of the Northcyde United faithful.

Welcome to the squad dude

C - Al Jefferson

PF - Kenneth Faried

SF - Carmelo Anthony

G -

PG -

• Moderators

Sorry for the delay.

As I was saying . . .

With the 49th pick in the Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft . . . Northcyde United select

THE MANIMAL

Kenneth Faried

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E8ryJkC-ww

When you talk about energy players, no guy in the league brings as much energy as The Manimal . . aka the Poor Man's Dennis Rodman. He can run the floor like a guard, seeing that he's one of the fastest players in the league. He can get up in the air and block shots. But most of all, he can flat out dominate the boards.

With an 11.5 rebound per 36 minutes number, Faried racks up both offensive and defensive rebounds. Faried led the Nuggets in Win Score/Share, with a 7.8 number, and posted a WS/48 number of .167. And he was a flat out DEMON in transition, providing the crowd with electrifying plays above the rim.

With two ball-dominant scorers like Melo and Jefferson, we need players that are going to do the little things. Faried will do ALL of the little things, on both sides of the floor. Faried will instantly become a fan favorite of the Northcyde United faithful.

Welcome to the squad dude

C - Al Jefferson

PF - Kenneth Faried

SF - Carmelo Anthony

G -

PG -

He was one of the guys I had in my back pocket in case my guy was taken... You had me scared! lol Nice pick cause this guy just keeps getting better. Thought he was a SF though or am I mistaken?

You PM cap?

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

First Round

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Lebron James

2. jy23 - Kevin Durant

3. KB21 - Chris Paul

4. Buzzard - Marc Gasol

5. Diesel - Stephen Curry

6. AtlHawk3 - Russell Westbrook

7. AHF - Dwight Howard
8. Alex - James Harden

9. Colin/Macecase - Blake Griffin

10. Dolfan - Derrick Rose

11. alejandro09 - Al Horford

12. JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

13. northcyde - Carmelo Anthony

14. capstone - Kevin Love

15. MrNique - Paul George

16. Lethalweapon3 - LeMarcus Aldridge

17. coachx - Anthony Davis

18. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Ricky Rubio

Second Round

19. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Brook Lopez

20. coachx - Damian Lilliard

21. lw3 - DeMarcus Cousins

22. Colin / MaCase - John Wall

23. MrNique - Joakim Noah

24. capstone - Deron Williams

25. northcyde - Al Jefferson

26. JayBirdHawk - Roy Hibbert

27. alejandro09 - Tony Parker

28. Dolfan - Kawhi Leonard

29. Alex - Rajon Rondo

30. AHF - Dwayne Wade

31. AtlHawk3 - David Lee

32. Diesel - Nikola Vucevic

33. Buzzard - Chandler Parsons

34. KB21 - Serge Ibaka

35. jy23 - Greg Monroe

36. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Chris Bosh

Third Round

37. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Jrue Holliday

38. jy23 - Ty Lawson

39. KB21 - Tyson Chandler

40. Buzzard - Mike Conley

41. Diesel - Zach Randolph

42. AtlHawk3 - Tim Duncan

43. AHF - Luol Deng
44. Alex - Josh Smith

45. Colin/Macecase - Larry Sanders

46. Dolfan - Nerlens Noel

47. alejandro09 - Jeff Green

48. JayBirdHawk - Klay Thompson

49. northcyde - Kenneth Faried

50. capstone -

51. MrNique -

52. Lethalweapon3 -

53. coachx -

54. PSSSHHHRRR87 -

Edit - With the 49th pick in the Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft ... Northcyde United select ...

Brittney Griner

I've had a huge crush on her for a while now and want her badly on my team. Told y'all it would be an unexpected selection.

Moderator abuse of power. Calling Obama.

And she wouldn't be the female that I'd want . . . this one would be, for obvious reasons

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY__lQjsk7g

Maybe she can talk to Teague about finding that "inner dog". Give her Van Exel's spot as consultant

• Like 1

• Moderators

Brittney Griner

Posted Image

Fascinating! I wouldn't take her so high... <--- BUT that statement alone says a lot about how talented she is and can be. Probably not an NBA position for Britt (at 6'8", 207#, she'd have to improve her outside shot and put the ball on the floor more to play SF), but no doubt she can ball. Even the Globetrotters "drafted" her this past week.

Fun part would be making an approximation of her WNBA PERs/WSs for a comparative figure in the NBA. I'd suggest just leaving the final figures as "X average PER, PLUS Brittney" and leave it to our individual imaginations.

(EDIT: Whoops! Never mind! I shoulda just scrolled down. And there goes my plot to nab K#v#n H#rt in the 12th round.)

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

Moderator abuse of power. Calling Obama.

And she wouldn't be the female that I'd want . . . this one would be, for obvious reasons

Maybe she can talk to Teague about finding that "inner dog". Give her Van Exel's spot as consultant

Man! Now you're talking

PG - Kyrie Irvin

SG - Klay Thompson

SF - ???

PF - ???

C - Roy Hibbert

Northcyde has been PM'd.

Elite shooter !

I was hoping he would slip a few more picks.