• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

It's my first year drafting so I didn't want to be a d**k. I was running errands so he got some extra time. Finishing late lunch and then I'll go ahead and make my pick at 5 EST.

Nah, the only way you would be considered a d*ck dork is if you select my guy here. That will NOT be tolerated! lol

• Like 1

Seriously there are multiple people in here that at various points have missed obvious humor and taken offense to it. Everyone needs to chill out, this is for fun.

His comment to me wasn't meant for humor. I'm not worried about it though. I said what needed to be said.

I'll just make sure that when my pick comes up after 10 pm, that I won't make the pick, out of consideration for others. If that makes the person behind me wait until the next day to make a selection, so be it.

Ok, then with the #51st Pick, MrNique selects:

ANDRE IGUODOLA SG/SF

The talent just too good to pass up here, even though I don't completely need him. Jack-of-all-Trades, solid slasher, good in the open court, good teammate, great defender, high talent glue guy. OLYMPIAN. I wish he shot a bit better, but we'll take the rest of the package.

My Team:

PG -

SG/SF - Andre Iguodola

SF/SG - Paul George

PF -

C - Joakim Noah

Since both Iggy and George have been known to play the 2 at times, I figure they can work it out depending on matchups. Good defensive team so far.

• Like 2

His comment to me wasn't meant for humor. I'm not worried about it though. I said what needed to be said.

I'll just make sure that when my pick comes up after 10 pm, that I won't make the pick, out of consideration for others. If that makes the person behind me wait until the next day to make a selection, so be it.

Yes it was meant as humor, that's exactly how I took it immediately upon reading it. See the little devil smiley laughing? And seriously you honestly think he meant we should really skip you next time for that? And the little thread here at the end to not make your picks anymore in the middle of the night? Come on man lighten up.

Maybe you should be skipped once for not PMing him Posted Image

• Moderators

With what should have been the 52nd pick in the 2013 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Injections select:

Posted Image

Kemba Walker, Point Guard, 6’1”, 184 lbs.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdAuHsxRB14

Charlotte can be Obscurity City. Take a NYC high school legend and a National Champ at UConn, and after two years in the 704... poof! Even as the leading scorer (17.7 PPG) and passer on an NBA team who gets his paychecks signed by the greatest player of this generation.

Next season is when the third-year guard Kemba Walker emerges from the morass to make his mark upon the NBA. Even without any other consistent offensive options on the Bobcats, Walker found greater confidence with his range and his decision making. His FG% and 3-point FG% rocketed from rookie marks of 36.6% and 30.5% to 42.3% and 32.2%, respectively. He was among the few players in the NBA among the Top 20 last season for both Field Goal Attempts and Free Throw Attempts, and his usage rate will continue to climb. Without much in the way of passing options, Kemba's per-minute ballhandling numbers (5.9 APG, 2.5 TO/G) held steady from the prior year even with an uptick in minutes as the full-time lead guard.

Walker carried Charlotte defensively, too. Despite being on the worst scoring defense in the league, Walker ranked 5th in the NBA in steals per game. On a better defensive team, Walker can comfortably pressure ballhandlers and serve as a roving help defender in the halfcourt. He may also activate the bigs to participate more in transition.

Now just 23 years of age, the nimble Walker will have to improve his finishing in the paint (49.8 FG% within 8-feet of the rim) and continue honing his perimeter shot to become a third 20-point scorer on the Injections' roster. He'll also need to improve his man defense from the perimeter. In any event, he will capably key the Injections' backcourt for many years to come.

The honorable coachx has been PM’d.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

I'll go Kobe Bryant.After going extremely young with my 1st two picks I'll take the old 5 time NBA Champion to teach and discipline my 2 young budding stars. With Kobe's competitive fire and drive I have little doubt he will be very productive for at least 2/3 of next season and the playoffs.Anthony DavisDamian LillardKobe BryantPssshhhrr87 is being PM'd.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Yes!!! I get my guys.

With the 54th pick the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's "Birds of a Feather" select:

RUDY GAY, SF

Posted Image

A do-it-all SF that had a better half of the season once he was traded to Toronto. 18.2 PPG, 2.7 APG, 6.1 RPG, 1.7 SPG, and a PER of 15.66 which is up from his time in Memphis. Plays great defense and although his FG% is lower than Josh Smith's, I believe a combo of Rubio/Gay is exactly what Rudy needs.

C - Brook Lopez

PF -

SF - Rudy Gay

SG -

PG - Ricky Rubio

Kobe is great value at this point and I'm sure most of us seriously considered him this round, at least I did. I'm just not confident that he's going to come back from his achilles injury before Jan-Feb if then.

Rudy Gay is nice as well. I stayed away because he's not very efficient, but he's a good all around player.

• Moderators

With the 55th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's "Birds of a Feather" select:

DERRICK FAVORS, PF

Posted Image

I choose Favors because he lives and thrives in the paint on both ends of the floor making him the perfect mate for Lopez. He is an incredibly efficient player posting nearly a dub-dub season coming off of the bench for the Jazz. 9.4 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 1.7 BPG, and a PER of 17.57 all the while averaging only 23 minutes per game. I believe that Utah will free up Favors to start playing more minutes. I expect Favors' numbers to be more around 16 PPG and 10 RPG in 2013-14. One of Atlanta's own too!

C - Brook Lopez

PF - Derrick Favors

SF - Rudy Gay

SG - ???

PG - Ricky Rubio

Building a very young team that is great on defense and on offense, lives through PnR, PnP, DnK, and post play. Not an ISO heavy team which I love.

coachx has been PM'd.

First Round

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Lebron James

2. jy23 - Kevin Durant

3. KB21 - Chris Paul

4. Buzzard - Marc Gasol

5. Diesel - Stephen Curry

6. AtlHawk3 - Russell Westbrook

7. AHF - Dwight Howard
8. Alex - James Harden

9. Colin/Macecase - Blake Griffin

10. Dolfan - Derrick Rose

11. alejandro09 - Al Horford

12. JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

13. northcyde - Carmelo Anthony

14. capstone - Kevin Love

15. MrNique - Paul George

16. Lethalweapon3 - LeMarcus Aldridge

17. coachx - Anthony Davis

18. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Ricky Rubio

Second Round

19. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Brook Lopez

20. coachx - Damian Lilliard

21. lw3 - DeMarcus Cousins

22. Colin / MaCase - John Wall

23. MrNique - Joakim Noah

24. capstone - Deron Williams

25. northcyde - Al Jefferson

26. JayBirdHawk - Roy Hibbert

27. alejandro09 - Tony Parker

28. Dolfan - Kawhi Leonard

29. Alex - Rajon Rondo

30. AHF - Dwayne Wade

31. AtlHawk3 - David Lee

32. Diesel - Nikola Vucevic

33. Buzzard - Chandler Parsons

34. KB21 - Serge Ibaka

35. jy23 - Greg Monroe

36. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Chris Bosh

Third Round

37. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Jrue Holliday

38. jy23 - Ty Lawson

39. KB21 - Tyson Chandler

40. Buzzard - Mike Conley

41. Diesel - Zach Randolph

42. AtlHawk3 - Tim Duncan

43. AHF - Luol Deng
44. Alex - Josh Smith

45. Colin/Macecase - Larry Sanders

46. Dolfan - Nerlens Noel

47. alejandro09 - Jeff Green

48. JayBirdHawk - Klay Thompson

49. northcyde - Kenneth Faried

50. capstone - SKIPPED

51. MrNique - Andre Iguodala

52. Lethalweapon3 - Kemba Walker

53. coachx - Kobe Bryant

54. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Rudy Gay

Fourth Round

55. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Derrick Favors

56. coachx -

57. lw3 -

58. MrNique -

59. capstone -

60. northcyde -

61. JayBirdHawk -

62. alejandro09 -

63. Dolfan -

64. Colin/Macecase -

65. Alex -

65. AHF -

66. AtlHawk3 -

67. Diesel -

68. Buzzard -

69. KB21 -

70. jy23 -

71. Chinky_eyed_hawk -

• Like 1

If Capstone hasn't made his skipped pick by the time he comes up for his next pick, do we still wait the 8 hrs for that pick? I don't want him missing out or anything but if he's still not back by then it must be because he's got something going on and there's no sense in holding up the draft and I'm sure he wouldn't want us waiting.

If Capstone hasn't made his skipped pick by the time he comes up for his next pick, do we still wait the 8 hrs for that pick? I don't want him missing out or anything but if he's still not back by then it must be because he's got something going on and there's no sense in holding up the draft and I'm sure he wouldn't want us waiting.

No, I think we have to give him his 8 hours. Those are the rules, right?

He was so excited about it this past week for his first two picks, it just seems weird. I'm wondering if he even knows its going on the weekend.

• Like 1

No, I think we have to give him his 8 hours. Those are the rules, right?

He was so excited about it this past week for his first two picks, it just seems weird. I'm wondering if he even knows its going on the weekend.

Yeah he knows, he participated in it in prior year(s). He's gotten multiple PM's, for which you should get emails. I'm sure he's just busy and hope there's nothing more to it than that.

Snuck back before leaving for a few hours.I'll take Nikola Pekovic. His physicality and toughness in the paint are desired. He has stuffed the box scores to have a 20 + Per each of the last 2 seasons. He is one of only 4 true centers to average 16 ppg on better then 50% FG. He is one of the few Cs who is actually a good FT shooter, 75% for his career.Damian LillardKobe BryantAnthony DavisNikolai PekovicLW3 is being PM'd.

Edited by coachx