• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

With what should have been the 57th pick in the 2013 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Injections select:

Posted Image

Bradley Beal, Shooting Guard, 6’5”, 207 lbs.

"You have to be patient."

The irony of such a statement, uttered amidst an offseason recovery from a fibula stress fracture, gets lost on young men like Bradley Beal, who was just on the cusp of his 20th birthday. Just over one month prior, he answered affirmatively when asked if he would lose respect for Derrick Rose, if Rose were a teammate who didn’t fight through a severe injury to play. A little bit. Yeah, I would.

“…it’s something you have to be patient with…You can’t really rush it. I’m definitely taking my time, doing what I need to do. Having my trainers working me out and do what I need to do and get healthy.

Since Beal’s nagging injury short-circuited his completion of the Wizards’ underwhelming season in April, the irony won’t matter at all, so long as he suits up for the Injections on Opening Night. Beal believes the fibula setback is tied to ankle sprain issues he’s tried to play through for awhile.

If his recovery is more successful than Rose’s, the first-team NBA All-Rookie member will join Kemba Walker in a young Injection backcourt that rivals the frontcourt for offensive production.

Lauded as the best pure shooter in the 2012 NBA Draft, Beal had an opposing hand in his face persistently at the start of the season while John Wall and key Wizard players were out of action. He shot a paltry 26.8% on 3FGs through the month of December.

Once key contributors improved (or otherwise got traded) and John Wall returned, Beal found himself infinitely more open. In the next three months he shot a scintillating 49.2% on those same three-pointers. Beal boosted his scoring from 13.2 PPG (pre-All-Star Break) to 16.5 PPG (pre-All-Star Break), although the latter sample size was small as he struggled to play with the leg injury. Before shutting it down, he displayed a willingness to help out in the rebounding department as well (5.7 RPG post-Break).

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqWq4DiD-QI

On offense, he’ll need to build up a passing dimension to his game and become more effective at cuts to the basket. His shooting effectiveness is heavily weighted to the left side of the hoop, so he will have to adjust his sweet stroke to offer the Injections some balance on the floor. Defensively, he struggles mightily checking taller, talented wings and will need help with position and timing. Plenty to work on but, like Beal says, you have to be patient.

If LMA and DMC are willing to roll to the basket after setting picks, they and Kemba will find defenses collapsing… and a solid option in Beal literally waiting in the wings to reward them.

The sublime MrNique has been PM’d.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Nice Beal pick. It was down to him and Iggy on my last pick.I said I wouldn't go Homer unless it made sense. I think it finally does. With the 58th Pick, MrNique selects:JEFF TEAGUE, PGYoung PG headed into his second contract, routinely outplays some of his contemporaries in Jrue and Jennings. After being stunted the first couple of years, finally improving up to 14 and 7 this past year. Will he ever be an AllStar? Maybe not, but a solid and improving PG. If Hawks keep him, which I expect unless someone tosses big money at him, excited to see what Bud can do for him. A system where the PF (not Josh) gives the PG the rock on the fast break.My team:G Jeff TeagueG Andre IguodolaF Paul GeorgeFC Joakim Noah

Edited by MrNique
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I honestly thought people forgot all about Gay. Was kind of counting on that.

Posted Image

Honestly, I was torn between Gay and Iggy on that pick but MrNique made the decision easy for me. Favors was the guy I was worried about losing. Saw that Favors is top 5 big man when comparing stats in every category even with only getting limited minutes. I feel Favors is going to have a break out season next year.

Posted Image

Honestly, I was torn between Gay and Iggy on that pick but MrNique made the decision easy for me. Favors was the guy I was worried about losing. Saw that Favors is top 5 big man when comparing stats in every category even with only getting limited minutes. I feel Favors is going to have a break out season next year.

Yes. I took Favors one season to soon (last year). In the 4th or 5th round as well I think. I am a big Tech fan and no way he would have got past me in the 4th round.

• Admin

Sorry I was out today and didn't get the message until now... I was going to pick Rudy Gay so excellent pick!!Capstone's Crew selects NICHOLAS BATUM SFOne of the most well rounded players in the league...he will be a good fit with our roster.

• Like 4

Sorry I was out today and didn't get the message until now... I was going to pick Rudy Gay so excellent pick!!Capstone's Crew selects NICHOLAS BATUM SFOne of the most well rounded players in the league...he will be a good fit with our roster.

Batum is solid, so you did not take a big hit by missing your pick.

:P Honestly, I was torn between Gay and Iggy on that pick but MrNique made the decision easy for me. Favors was the guy I was worried about losing. Saw that Favors is top 5 big man when comparing stats in every category even with only getting limited minutes. I feel Favors is going to have a break out season next year.

I agree about Favors. His playing time should take a meaningful bump with the expected departure of Al and Milsap.

Posted Image

My strategy is all upside down now. I thought I couldn't pass up on a C because they'd be all gone by the time I picked again but it's looking like folk are racking up the wings instead. I figured Gay was a 50/50 chance of reaching me but I had Batum as my back up.

My strategy is all upside down now. I thought I couldn't pass up on a C because they'd be all gone by the time I picked again but it's looking like folk are racking up the wings instead. I figured Gay was a 50/50 chance of reaching me but I had Batum as my back up.

Wings were a problem last season as well. Not many above average players at that position.

• Moderators

Batum could be a great value if he resumes his career trajectory prior to his flat lining last season. Not sure why the increased minutes didn't translate into much for him last year, but he is plenty young enough and a good two-way player as it is.

• Moderators

Last season that was true... That's why I picked Lopez so high because I didn't want to be left with the bottom of the barrel of C's this year. Sanders is a converted PF, so you could move him to PF and Griffin to SF... Good centers still out there.

And I guess with that same logic you could leave Sanders at C, move Griffin to SF, and draft PF. Lotta options...

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

First Round

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Lebron James

2. jy23 - Kevin Durant

3. KB21 - Chris Paul

4. Buzzard - Marc Gasol

5. Diesel - Stephen Curry

6. AtlHawk3 - Russell Westbrook

7. AHF - Dwight Howard
8. Alex - James Harden

9. Colin/Macecase - Blake Griffin