• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Horford

Love him to death but we need to tank for 2014..I'm talking serious 2004 style, 13 wins style tanking. Get Wiggins, Parker or Randle. But watch if we are worst team record wise nba will screw us and give us the 4th pick in the 2014 draft...bs

No thanks. The Bobcats are where the Hawks were when we had guys like Antoine Walker and Al Harrington leading the way. Not good basketball, not good to watch and no guarantee of becoming a winning team any time soon.

The only benefit of a total rebuild (as a fan) is that the off-season becomes much more interesting.

It's crazy to think we have only 3 players on our roster but we're in a good position to be competitive AND build for the future. The main reason for this is because of Horfords dependable play, attitude and contract. Trade that away and we're the Bobcats.

• Like 3

2014 is deep...if not wiggins then Parker or randle or one of the twins...it's a good year to have a top 5 pick ...that's all I'm saying. Horford is awesome..maybe we can tank with him but not if we sign Jefferson or iguodala or any second tier FA...

Tanking is one thing I can't get down with, especially if it involved trading away Al.

If tanking 100% guaranteed that we get Wiggins or Parker, I'd consider it, but it's been proven that's far from the case.

• Premium Member

Ya I'm with Chink Jody ...what penalty for Oden draft?

IF I'm not mistaken, the three teams with the worst records that year (all openly tanking), ended up out of the top three draft spots. That wasn't coincidence. The league does not like deliberate tanking.

If we continue being an irrelevant playoff team, I wouldn't care if we traded him or not. The results will continue being the same.

Now if we're rebuilding, that's a whole different matter......

I think we could package our picks in this draft to land Burke or Carter Williams. Let's give Horford a chance. Him and Teague would win games but neither will make each other better and we will be stuck at 10-16 hell in the NBA draft. At least if we suck with Burke or Carter-Williams or they can overachieve with Horf and we can built a semi contender around them.

I think we could package our picks in this draft to land Burke or Carter Williams. Let's give Horford a chance. Him and Teague would win games but neither will make each other better and we will be stuck at 10-16 hell in the NBA draft. At least if we suck with Burke or Carter-Williams or they can overachieve with Horf and we can built a semi contender around them.

The Rockets have built up a ton of assets picking in that range since 2002 and they've used that to acquire Harden and are now on the verge of adding Dwight as well.

And you're wrong about Teague and Horford making each other better. With Horford being skilled in the pick n roll and Teague being like a young Parker and now having a coach who's coached Parker his entire career and whom specializes in teaching the PnR I'm pretty optimistic that they can indeed make each other better.

• Like 1

The Rockets have built up a ton of assets picking in that range since 2002 and they've used that to acquire Harden and are now on the verge of adding Dwight as well.

And you're wrong about Teague and Horford making each other better. With Horford being skilled in the pick n roll and Teague being like a young Parker and now having a coach who's coached Parker his entire career and whom specializes in teaching the PnR I'm pretty optimistic that they can indeed make each other better.

I think Jeff sucks badly at the PnR. Horrible at reading screens, horrible at making reads, below average decision making. The only thing that seem to do is the PnP which most SG's with decent court vision can do well at. Jeff can't hit the pocket, isn't a smart playmaker and really isn't a playmaker. I think we take a huge stepback in terms of passing without Smoove. I am not sold on Teague and if anything, he really pisses me off more than Smoove used to do in his early years.

Jeff has good talent. He can really be a top 50 NBA player for a season or two if he has a role like Bobby Jackson, but as a starting PG. Thinking Al will be anything more than what he is right now is extremely wishful thinking. If we are talking about Al as a cornerstone, we would be foolish to make Jeff his running mate.

Note: One thing Jeff does a good job at is using the PnR to create offense for himself like Jamal used to do.

Edited by Leadership