• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud and Smoove

Jody23

• Premium Member

I knew of this. I thought this board already knew.

It's so funny how you haven't heard much of what the Hawk is doing... Nothing rumored to really attach any FA to the Hawks. Yet, their the team with the most money to spend.

Don't be surprised if the Hawks come out of no where. Posted Image

To your point, no one reported this until now so we couldn't possibly assume this was going on. If anything, it's been reported that Smoove would be elsewhere next year. We'll see.

It's so funny how you haven't heard much of what the Hawk is doing... Nothing rumored to really attach any FA to the Hawks. Yet, their the team with the most money to spend.

Posted Image

So... The article says Dwight's decision will affect Smoove's. I'm wondering how much the two have talked and where they wanna play together. At this point I say we have to keep Smoove if it's the only way Dwight will come here. Then ship Horford to the Celtics for Rondo... Unless we can keep Horford somehow. I really wouldn't mind a team featuring Dwight/Rondo/Smoove... We'd finally have some star power.

Al for Hondo will NEVER happen..

totally agree with that. Just like the Marvin trade. Stealth is an asset

i don't know why it seems shocking to anyone. it seems that's all we talked about before last season with dwightmare part 1 was how we had to have smoove to attract d12 here....best friends, groomsmen in weddings, riding in a car together on a tv commercial....i think once ferry traded marvin and jj and cleared enough room for the possibility of cp and dwight, they all of a sudden forgot about smoove.

oh, and as far as the rondo thing goes, i wouldn't trade horf for him, and that's saying something since rondo is my favorite pg in the league. as much as i would love having him here, you would then go from 2 of the worst free throw shooters to 3 of the worst free throw shooters on the court together. all teams would have to do is send their end of the bench goons in to foul the crap out of us anytime the game was close to beat us.

i would be happy with dwight, horf, smoove, korver, teague, so long as teague was able to work on his outside shooting more. he did well in the beginning of last season but seemed to fall off. we would need a pg who can consistently hit the 3 for other teams to respect the perimeter play more than if korver or lou were the only ones out there.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet but does anyone else find it odd that Josh would be meeting with teams in LA? Perhaps to talk about teaming up with Dwight?? And since the Hawks will be there on Monday (I believe?) to talk with Dwight it wouldn't surprise me at all if they talked with both he and Josh at the same time.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet but does anyone else find it odd that Josh would be meeting with teams in LA? Perhaps to talk about teaming up with Dwight?? And since the Hawks will be there on Monday (I believe?) to talk with Dwight it wouldn't surprise me at all if they talked with both he and Josh at the same time.

If Josh has any ideas about staying I would assume he would make an effort toward Dwight. Perhaps Josh would settle for less if it meant signing Dwight? I really don't want Josh back, but with Howard I think most of us would settle for Josh being back.

If Josh has any ideas about staying I would assume he would make an effort toward Dwight. Perhaps Josh would settle for less if it meant signing Dwight? I really don't want Josh back, but with Howard I think most of us would settle for Josh being back.

I would hope that the only way Josh is back is with Dwight in tow, otherwise I have no desire to see him return. I'm not crazy about having a Smith-Horford-Howard front court as offensively I think they'd really struggle with spacing and they'd suck at the FT line, but defensively and rebounding the ball they'd control the front court. We'd need a serious upgrade at SG though and even though I think he's on the downside of his career, I'd go all out for Iggy and hope that we can fix his shot.

And yes Josh and Iggy would have to take a good bit less, I'd guess around 10 million each, to be able to sign Dwight.

I would hope that the only way Josh is back is with Dwight in tow, otherwise I have no desire to see him return. I'm not crazy about having a Smith-Horford-Howard front court as offensively I think they'd really struggle with spacing and they'd suck at the FT line, but defensively and rebounding the ball they'd control the front court. We'd need a serious upgrade at SG though and even though I think he's on the downside of his career, I'd go all out for Iggy and hope that we can fix his shot.

And yes Josh and Iggy would have to take a good bit less, I'd guess around 10 million each, to be able to sign Dwight.

If we look at the #'s. Iggy corner 3 were at 46% in 2011-12 but at 27% in 2012-13. That's Josh territory but in 2011-12, he was one of the best corner 3 point shooters in the NBA. I am really not sold on Josh at SF. I liken Josh to Manu G. He is someone who can be an all time great 6th man. He can play starter minutes but comes off of the bench and plays wherever we need him. That would give us a chance to start Korver and Jenkins depending on the match-up. Josh is a joker player. If he is used right, he can be an elite piece for us.

I would prefer Iggy over Josh. It's like Manu v. Leonard? Who would you rather? Not literally of course but one is an amazing 6th man and the other is a top tier level role player.