• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumor: If Hawks can't get Dwight they want a sign-n-trade with Houston

GameTime

Deke was skinny, wasn't much in terms of post defense, couldn't defend the PnR, wasn't quick, and looked awkward a lot. Deke is Deke. He would be a good center in ANY class but he is far from D12.

D12 isn't raw on offense. His efficiency is one of the best in NBA history. His advanced stats are generally in the list of some of the best NBA players ever. D12 has his issues but he is a superior player to what you are comparing him to.

Yes, he is raw on the offensive end. His offensive game is limited and not all that worrisome as we saw when we matched Jason Collins up against him..

Yes, he is raw on the offensive end. His offensive game is limited and not all that worrisome as we saw when we matched Jason Collins up against him..

He scored like 27ppg and had 15.5rpg v. Collins. If that's offensively limited what the heck is Deke then?

What I mean is that Dwight doesn't make his teammates any better on the offensive end and that's why I find him questionable as a first option.

He scored like 27ppg and had 15.5rpg v. Collins. If that's offensively limited what the heck is Deke then?

But he didn't make his teammates better. He played 43MPG and averaged .5APG.

Dwight is a better scorer than Deke, but its rebounding and defense that is his true value.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

What I mean is that Dwight doesn't make his teammates any better on the offensive end and that's why I find him questionable as a first option.

But he didn't make his teammates better. He played 43MPG and averaged .5APG.

Dwight is a better scorer than Deke, but its rebounding and defense that is his true value.

Since when is assists a barometer for a great CENTER? We going to start judging point guards on how many blocks they get? SMH

But he didn't make his teammates better.

His teammates were missing open jumpers and we played Orlando smart. We played tight defense on all of their shooters with Marvin, Joe, and Hinrich and forced Orlando to force their offense. This is such as strawman Hots. You said he was limited but you are moving the goalpost. He avg 27 and 15.5 v. Collins. How was he offensively limited. When I think of offensively limited, I think of Aisk, Tony Allen, Deke, not D12 at all.

Even when a guy shoo

Since when is assists a barometer for a great CENTER? We going to start judging point guards on how many blocks they get? SMH

Even Shaq had passing abilities and could make his teammates better on the offensive end. It's a very big deal that your supposed to be go to scorer can make his teammates better.

His teammates were missing open jumpers and we played Orlando smart. We played tight defense on all of their shooters with Marvin, Joe, and Hinrich and forced Orlando to force their offense. This is such as strawman Hots. You said he was limited but you are moving the goalpost. He avg 27 and 15.5 v. Collins. How was he offensively limited. When I think of offensively limited, I think of Aisk, Tony Allen, Deke, not D12 at all.

Of course we tried to make Dwight beat the team by himself. He is a black hole as a scorer in that once the ball goes in it will not comeback out. I'll give you that supporting cast was less than stellar, but you overrate Dwight's offensive game. When he starts to lose his athletic ability, his scoring will take a big dip. And he isn't a great scorer t start with.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Even when a guy shoo

Even Shaq had passing abilities and could make his teammates better on the offensive end. It's a very big deal that your supposed to be go to scorer can make his teammates better.

Shaq is one of the best offensive centers in NBA history. D12 isn't. You said D12 was raw offensively? We say Bebe is raw offensively? So is Bebe going to give us 27ppg and 15.5rpg v. Collins anytime soon?

• Moderators

Even when a guy shoo

Dwight does make the guys around him better because he attracts so much attention. The guy is also always double teamed which leaves the shooters open. I mean he doesn't make his team mates better in the same sense that MJ did, but he does make his team mates better and I'll take 20 & 10 out of Dwight any day of the week.

Of course we tried to make Dwight beat the team by himself. He is a black hole as a scorer in that once the ball goes in it will not comeback out. I'll give you that supporting cast was less than stellar, but you overrate Dwight's offensive game.

Your showing personal bias man. This post don't even make a lot of sense. A black hole is a total negative like Al Jefferson. D12 has never been a black hole. He either gets the defense in foul trouble, causes mismatches, and gives shooters open looks more times than not.

Your showing personal bias man. This post don't even make a lot of sense. A black hole is a total negative like Al Jefferson. D12 has never been a black hole. He either gets the defense in foul trouble, causes mismatches, and gives shooters open looks more times than not.

Teams know that Dwight isn't a good passer out of the double teams. Dwight has and likely never will be the dominate scorer that you make him out to be.

Shaq is one of the best offensive centers in NBA history. D12 isn't. You said D12 was raw offensively? We say Bebe is raw offensively? So is Bebe going to give us 27ppg and 15.5rpg v. Collins anytime soon?

The team guarded the shooters and tried to make him beat the team and he couldn't do it.

Look.... For a while he had the right kind of guys to help make up for his weaknesses. We wouldn't have that here. Offensively he is very flawed. His scoring is largely based on his athletic ability and when that starts to fall off he will be a 15PPG scorer at best. I don't think putting the offensive on his back is a good way to go. Devin Harris at PG and Josh Smith at SF surely are not good complements on the offensive end.

It should also be noted that he hit his FT's at a high percentage (by his standards) in that series. Surely not something you can count on with him.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Josh will be meeting with Atlanta & Houston today. So I'm assuming Josh will be in the meeting with Dwight?

He didn't score that against Collins...he got most of his points when Collins was on the benchHe only scored like .82 points per possession against CollinsHowever, against the rest of the league he is a good scorer Edited by Nicholasp27

Even when a guy shoo

You really think that Dwight doesn't make his teammates better? Jameer nelson made a freaking all-star game and he made Hedo look good enough for Toronto to give him that crazy contract and he was terrible when he left Orlando. Do you think that was a coincidence? The same can be said for Rashard Lewis as well.

You really think that Dwight doesn't make his teammates better? Jameer nelson made a freaking all-star game and he made Hedo look good enough for Toronto to give him that crazy contract and he was terrible when he left Orlando. Do you think that was a coincidence? The same can be said for Rashard Lewis as well.

Yeah, I watched it pretty closely and Dwight definitely made mediocre players better. I think they lead the NBA in 3 pointers attempted and 3 point percentage like two years in a row. Otis Smith ruined that team by trying to be cute with his wheeling and dealing.

Yeah, I watched it pretty closely and Dwight definitely made mediocre players better. I think they lead the NBA in 3 pointers attempted and 3 point percentage like two years in a row. Otis Smith ruined that team by trying to be cute with his wheeling and dealing.

Trading VC was retarded. They should have kept Courtney Lee in the VC trade though.

Edited by Leadership