• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumor: If Hawks can't get Dwight they want a sign-n-trade with Houston

GameTime

First of all.... Shard was a 20PPG scorer with Seattle.Second, Orlando's title run was somewhat like Philly's in that it was a bit unique and perfectly build around Howard. A good team that found some Magic (no pun intended) for one playoff run.On top of that, when you put the offense on Howard's back you have to consider that despite what he says, he is showing signs of being unable to handle the spotlight and responsibility. Sometimes he simply wasn't as impactful on offense as he should be. His lack ability to pass out of double teams, his poor ft shooting and all of that. The most dependable part of his game is on the defensive side of the ball.»»»»

So it looks like to me it will be Josh and D12 in Houston if they can work out a SNT with the Hawks. D12 will not play for Atlanta.

SnT Smoove to Boston. They have superior assets. We do a SnT with Houston and we become the 2012-13 Milwaukee Bucks.

• Moderators

Yeah, I watched it pretty closely and Dwight definitely made mediocre players better. I think they lead the NBA in 3 pointers attempted and 3 point percentage like two years in a row. Otis Smith ruined that team by trying to be cute with his wheeling and dealing.

Agreed. Dwight isn't a refined offensive option by any means and isn't a great passer out of double teams but he is a very effective offensive player - not in KD or Lebron's league by any means but he is pairing DPOY defensive impact with solid (non-elite) offense. Orlando squandered some good opportunities with Dwight because of poor management. In the series against Jason Collins, Dwight did everything you could ask from him and his teammates utterly failed to deliver. They should have been capable of producing more without double teams on Dwight but they didn't and that isn't on him, IMO.

Edited by AHF

First of all.... Shard was a 20PPG scorer with Seattle. Second, Orlando's title run was somewhat like Philly's in that it was a bit unique and perfectly build around Howard. A good team that found some Magic (no pun intended) for one playoff run. On top of that, when you put the offense on Howard's back you have to consider that despite what he says, he is showing signs of being unable to handle the spotlight and responsibility. Sometimes he simply wasn't as impactful on offense as he should be. His lack ability to pass out of double teams, his poor ft shooting and all of that. The most dependable part of his game is on the defensive side of the ball.»»»»

The team was built around Howard but he didn't make anyone better? I still remember Rafer Alston taking over for Jameer during that NBA Finals run after he went down. Jameer was an All Star that year but the Magic seemingly didn't miss a beat but I guess that was just an anomaly...

The team was built around Howard but he didn't make anyone better? I still remember Rafer Alston taking over for Jameer during that NBA Finals run after he went down. Jameer was an All Star that year but the Magic seemingly didn't miss a beat but I guess that was just an anomaly...

Hedo and Shard had ball handling abilities and playmaking abilities and so it didn't matter as much that Dwight wasn't a great passer out of double teams. I'm stressing that Dwight's inability to make other players better because of his tunnel vision on the offensive end can be a big issue.

Hedo and Shard had ball handling abilities and playmaking abilities and so it didn't matter as much that Dwight wasn't a great passer out of double teams. I'm stressing that Dwight's inability to make other players better because of his tunnel vision on the offensive end can be a big issue.

But if we keep Smoove and Horf, those are two great passers for their position. Smoove is one of the better passers for anyone in the NBA in the half court. Once again, how is D12 offensively raw and how does he NOT makes players around him better.

But if we keep Smoove and Horf, those are two great passers for their position. Smoove is one of the better passers for anyone in the NBA in the half court. Once again, how is D12 offensively raw and how does he NOT makes players around him better.

But Josh Smith isn't the shooter and ball handler that Hedo and Turk were. Josh's handles are fairly mediocre.

• Like 1

But Josh Smith isn't the shooter and ball handler that Hedo and Turk were. Josh's handles are fairly mediocre.

Smoove doesn't need to be. Smoove can be a joker. We can use him in multiple spots and use him to cut like Memphis uses Allen. Josh handles are mediocre but if you play off of him and you train him on attacking the paint and dishing it out to Horf or D12 when your defense collapse on Smoove. A lot of different things can happen when you got a big who can command a legit double team like D12. Smoove can be lethal in the right role, I have been saying it for years but we never had the talent to do so. With D12, we will.

SnT Smoove to Boston. They have superior assets. We do a SnT with Houston and we become the 2012-13 Milwaukee Bucks.

Smoove has to agree to the S&T. If Houston gets Dwight then he'll opt for that. No way he'll want to the Celtics just to be part of a rebuild.

Smoove has to agree to the S&T. If Houston gets Dwight then he'll opt for that. No way he'll want to the Celtics just to be part of a rebuild.

Once again, why SnT him to Houston? They can't offer us nothing that doesn't lock us into mediocrity. Remember, we don't have a Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant to help us contend with guys like Omer. If he doesn't want to go to Boston, he can walk.

Once again, why SnT him to Houston? They can't offer us nothing that doesn't lock us into mediocrity. Remember, we don't have a Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant to help us contend with guys like Omer. If he doesn't want to go to Boston, he can walk.

A SnT with Houston would give the Hawks something in return. Something is better than nothing (unless the Hawks want to retain their cap space, then I guess nothing is actually better).

A SnT with Houston would give the Hawks something in return. Something is better than nothing (unless the Hawks want to retain their cap space, then I guess nothing is actually better).

Nothing is better than just doing something in the NBA. Once again, this is NOT the NFL.

Nothing is better than just doing something in the NBA. Once again, this is NOT the NFL.

Wouldn't this be a kick between the legs to most people?

I mean, people have been wanting the pairing of Dwight/Josh (or at least Dwight) for a while now, and if it turns out that happens in Houston while the Hawks get Houston's cast offs.... eh.

• Like 1

I mean, people have been wanting the pairing of Dwight/Josh (or at least Dwight) for a while now, and if it turns out that happens in Houston while the Hawks get Houston's cast offs.... eh.

And Hawks fans are happy with it till they finished 9th in the East with the 13th pick and say we should have tanked. Hawks fans live in the moment.

Getting picks or even rookies is pretty good if we're rebuilding. We may just need to agree to disagree on this point.

Yea, it would suck for sure and I don't like the idea on principle, but if Dwight decides on Houston then the Hawks might as well SnT Smoove if they have the chance.

Getting picks or even rookies is pretty good if we're rebuilding. We may just need to agree to disagree on this point.

Those are assets. Those would be ideal for Smoove and Jeff. But getting Aisk. That's not really an asset especially if you lack assets as it is and he makes us too good.