Warriors are offering us their trash to try and land Dwight

Sothron

• Premium Member

"The Warriors have offered Andrew Bogut, Andris Biedrins and Richard Jefferson to the Hawks, Cavaliers and Jazz."

cbs sports credit

So I guess it is somewhat official Warriors are trying to unload their trash on us. I just hope Ferry is smart enough to say no.

• Like 1

"The Warriors have offered Andrew Bogut, Andris Biedrins and Richard Jefferson to the Hawks, Cavaliers and Jazz." cbs sports credit So I guess it is somewhat official Warriors are trying to unload their trash on us. I just hope Ferry is smart enough to say no.

Ferry is smart man he knows that even to the general nba fan this is a stupid move if he accepted any if those guys.Hawks made it clear that they are after Howard so I doubt GS pulls this off. Even the cavs and jazz aren't going to do this! I don't know what GS is thinking!Jefferson is waaaaayyyyy past his prime! He hasn't been good in years!Biedrens is no longer starting quality!Bogut is very very very injury prone! Worst than Bynum honestly!GS must think there are some idiot Gms out there and there are but none of the teams they want to drop these players on ate going for that. Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

I agree with you all that its trash. The only thing is all three of those bums, bogut, Jefferson, biedrins come off the books next summer. That is a load of flexibility. If they would just throw in Barnes or Klay I'd prolly bite. But those 3 guys alone ain't gonna get the job done. Klay or Barnes must be included.

That's not the whole story. They have to give us incentive to make that deal. If we are out on Dwight (honestly, we were never in it), this could be a win if we can score Klay or Harrison and another 1st in the '14 draft. Plus, all three of those contracts are expiring - they are assets onto themselves.

Guest rivgambino

Yes let's clear up more cap room for next year so no one else wants to get paid and come to Atlanta. It can be a tradition where each year we can offer multiple max deals with no takers. Not to mention the teams losing the FA can still offer an extra year/more cash. So pathetic....

Yes let's clear up more cap room for next year so no one else wants to get paid and come to Atlanta. It can be a tradition where each year we can offer multiple max deals with no takers. Not to mention the teams losing the FA can still offer an extra year/more cash. So pathetic....

THISWe cleared all the cap space for this summer and waited (waiting) on Dwight. So lets wait til next summer clear more capspace and wait on LeBron or Melo to tell us no. If you're in Atlanta and you clear cap space in hopes of signing a superstar....YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A BAD TIME
  • Like 2

GS owes us after we saved them some off their lux tax bill last year when we gave them a 2nd rounder for Jeremy Tyler even though we didn't care at all for him. I'd imagine that a pick/Barnes/Klay would have to be attached this time for us to help them again.

Why do we do care? Well once again, it's not like Dwight is going to say "Oh Damn, now there's nothing else left to do but sign with the Hawks". No instead he'll say "Oh well, Dallas/Houston/LA it is then".

• Like 1

Guest Walter

Yeah, so pathetic to pick up and extra lottery talent and a late first for a couple of years running. No team needs say 4 lottery picks in 2 yrs plus max cap space. Not like you could get a James harden with anything like this.Really? This is how smaller market teams could cut in half their rebuild time. Think outside the box. Cap space has many uses.W

Throw is Draymond Green if we have no chance at landing Dwight. Although Jackson loves him some Draymond and so do I.