• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can someone with superior NBA knowledge tell me more about Paul Millsap?

ATLnightwing

I haven't watched many Utah Jazz games. I know about his 46 point outburst against the Heat. I recall him being an All-Star snub a couple of years ago.

What I don't know:

What position did he primarily play? PF or SF? How did he do last season? How is he going to mesh with Al Horford?

I haven't watched many Utah Jazz games. I know about his 46 point outburst against the Heat. I recall him being an All-Star snub a couple of years ago.

What I don't know:

What position did he primarily play? PF or SF? How did he do last season? How is he going to mesh with Al Horford?

Lunch pail PF - a real all around PF. I think this means we are out of it with Asik. Honestly Ryan Anderson makes a ton more sense than Smoove for Houston. You don't sign a stud like Millsap for him to ride pine. The short contract says to me that we signed him because he was a good value....when you have cap space you have the luxury to catch the fallout of other deals. He could EASILY be moved down the road, a great asset and a very strong player while he is here.

Smoove will likely walk for nothing. If we are lucky we can SNT him for useful expirings and maybe a pick.

• Moderators

I like Millsap, but I am worried that this may mean Horford will continue to get abused at the 5. I wonder if Millsap could play SF...

C - ???

PF - Horford

SF - Millsap

Depending on the center and if Millsap is viable at SF, that's a pretty good front court. Is it possible we could resign Smoove?

C - Horford

PF - Smoove

SF - Millsap

is damn good too.