• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pistons sign Josh Smith - 4 years / 56 million

lethalweapon3

I'm glad this is all over and he is gone, such a frustrating player, all the physical talent in the word but never grew up and never learned how to play with a team. I wanted him to where a shock collar that shocked him anytime he came near the 3 point line or dribbled the ball up court instead of passing to a guard.

We will be a better team in the long run without him.

• Like 1

When was the last time there was a left-handed starting sf and pf on the same team in the NBA? How about never? At least I cant think of any. Gonna look pretty awkward. lol.

Pistons just need a point guard not named Knight. They are my darkhorse to make some noise next season. Monroe is comparable to Al and Drummond vs. Zaza or Petro or Collins Posted Image

Ferry is doing a worse job than Billy Knight building this team to this point.

He was great. He was horrible. Just depended on which Josh

you had at the moment.

Super athlete. Great Highlight Factory when he did what he was good at.

Made so many dumb plays that the good stuff tended to fade away.

So good. So Bad. And this from the same player.

About the sign and trade. If Detroit doesn't have a player we really desire,

why would we even care that it's not happening.

To paraphrase an old country song from Roy Clark:

"Thank God and Grayhound, he's gone!"

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ferry is doing a worse job than Billy Knight building this team to this point.

Is this team better than what we have now? Because that is the team BK had in the second year being the Hawks GM that won a whooping 28 games. Horford, Millsap, and Korver alone can win 30 games. This is the team BK in this third year as GM. 13 games. Actually, BK never had a winning season in all of his years as GM for the Hawks and one playoff appearance. All BK ever did was draft Smoove, bring in Joe, and fail on Marvin and coaches. Danny >>>>> BK

• Like 3

Good luck to Josh. I think Houston made a mistake not getting him to support Dwight and Harden. He could have easily been that strong steady defensive and rebounding pressense that Rodman, Bosh, etc. fill on championship teams.

Man this paul milsap era has me on the edge of seat. I'd much rather go see him score 14 points and 7 rebounds on a nightly basis, than see what we had the last 9 years. All that winning and playoff basketball was sooooooo boring. I'd much rather see a team that wins 25 games a season. The upcoming season will be soooooooo thrilling. So ready to get my flex tickets. Basketball is equivalent to rocket science, so we need all the IQ we can get. Maybe our new smart players can put a force field over the rim so none of our opponents shots go in. Nothing. I mean nothing could keep me from driving a 100 miles on a Tuesday night to see paul milsap fill the shoes of josh smith. ITS MUST SEE TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horford milsap and korver will win us15 games. The other 10 players will win us another 10. We're going through a slow deterioration. We keep replacing good players with lesser players. It will slowly catch up to us.

Millsap >> Josh. Also, have you seen the Eastern Conference recently? Barring injury, we will make the playoffs.

I assume you don't have any numbers to back up your claims, you're just making them up out of thin air.

Edited by atlbraves93

Really dude? The pistons will finish higher than the hawks this season. Then they're younger, bigger, more atheletic, and hungrier than the hawks will be for the next.... let's say 3 or 4 seasons. We really messed upthis off season. I'm still going to the games, but damn. Instead of continuing to build . We're destroying. On purpose. After being a winner. Baffling

Really dude? The pistons will finish higher than the hawks this season. Then they're younger, bigger, more atheletic, and hungrier than the hawks will be for the next.... let's say 3 or 4 seasons. We really messed upthis off season. I'm still going to the games, but damn. Instead of continuing to build . We're destroying. On purpose. After being a winner. Baffling

Winning what?

• Like 2

Going to games to see a 20-25 win team is a lot different than going to see a 45-50 win team. I enjoyed the 45-50 win team a lot more. So yes... baffling

• Like 1

Man this paul milsap era has me on the edge of seat. I'd much rather go see him score 14 points and 7 rebounds on a nightly basis, than see what we had the last 9 years. All that winning and playoff basketball was sooooooo boring. I'd much rather see a team that wins 25 games a season. The upcoming season will be soooooooo thrilling. So ready to get my flex tickets. Basketball is equivalent to rocket science, so we need all the IQ we can get. Maybe our new smart players can put a force field over the rim so none of our opponents shots go in. Nothing. I mean nothing could keep me from driving a 100 miles on a Tuesday night to see paul milsap fill the shoes of josh smith. ITS MUST SEE TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you miss Josh when he makes the boneheaded passes that result in turnovers? Will you miss seeing him jack up 3's and long jumpers that are bricks? Will you miss seeing his whiny, pissyass attitude when he doesn't get the call he thinks he deserves? Will you miss the inability to make free throws?

Tell me how you are so sad. Tell me how you need the style over substance. Tell me how you will feel when this team is moving on with success despite the absence of your little idol Josh Smith. It takes guts to admit that a guy you make have a personal attachment to is a piece better suited to another team's agenda. I'm glad Josh is no longer an issue here. His attitude and game will continue to be the enigma in Detroit. I will personally tie the bow around him to see him off. Later Josh!

• Like 1