• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zaza signs with Bucks - 3 years / $16 million

JohnnyCASH

Zaza averaged 2 moving screens per game. I'll miss him, and I loved him here, but come on. He was just a ball of energy. You don't give a ball of energy 5 million a year. Best wishes to Zaza though.

• Like 1

I think his deal was like the third bowl of porridge: juuuuuuust right. I wish we had given it to him, but c'est la vie.

Too true. Once you push $6m a year annually you start to get me saying "oh well" but at this value? f***. I think I like Z too much to just french it away but I guess thats why drz is the real doctor around here. Too cool for me on this issue.

Very sad to see Zaza go, but 3/16 is WAY more than I'd ever consider giving him.

Boy is Milwaukee running their organization into the ground. Larry Drew at the helm, and OJ Mayo and Zaza making $40 million over three years. Larry Sanders better get out of there ASAP.

Edited by atlbraves93

Too true. Once you push $6m a year annually you start to get me saying "oh well" but at this value? f***. I think I like Z too much to just french it away but I guess thats why drz is the real doctor around here. Too cool for me on this issue.

Don't get me wrong --- I'm blocking out the pain right now. In about 10 minutes I'm going to be sitting on the floor of my shower, drinking a room-temp Busch beer and crying.

• Like 3

No worries guys...the owners have a plan to make us a title contender in the next 5 to 10 years.

I know man. ZaZa is the missing piece that is going to set this franchise back 5 to 10 years! How dare they?

Zaza's game was never built on athleticism, so why would the achilles be an issue? He is all about positioning, heart, and hustle. He is a consistent producer and has been for the past 4 years in terms of per minute and pace adjusted statistics. There is a long list of vet centers who fit that criteria that were paid at least the average salary in the NBA. Danny screwed up here.

I love the chatter on here... Ferry this, Ferry that... Everyone has been preaching for change but now, as personnel is changing, people are calling for managements head... It's almost comical...Did anyone really think that just changing GM's and coaches was going to make them a championship contender....
  • Like 3

Don't get me wrong --- I'm blocking out the pain right now. In about 10 minutes I'm going to be sitting on the floor of my shower, drinking a room-temp Busch beer and crying.

I keep my Busches cold, but I'm right there.

I love the chatter on here... Ferry this, Ferry that... Everyone has been preaching for change but now, as personnel is changing, people are calling for managements head... It's almost comical...Did anyone really think that just changing GM's and coaches was going to make them a championship contender....

You do not know me very well if you think that. I hardly ever pass judgement on player transactions around here because I hate getting into many valuation conversations unless they are blatantly wrong to me. Hence, I spoke out.

You do not know me very well if you think that. I hardly ever pass judgement on player transactions around here because I hate getting into many valuation conversations unless they are blatantly wrong to me. Hence, I spoke out.

Fair enough, but would I be wrong if I said Zara was a "serviceable" big man at best and while he had some fun moments that riled up the fan base, he was a inconsistent stiff (term used lightly). A 7 footer that doesn't dunk and misses a ton of bunnies. Flailing around looking for fouls that weren't there... I hate to see him go because he was a fan favorite but at the same time I think it's true in all sports, fans tend to overvalue their own... Zaza is a classic example of that.
  • Like 1

Zaza's biggest attribute to the Hawks was his relentless tenacity and absolutely fearless approach in big game scenarios. Who will ever forget his getting in the face of Garnett? Who will ever forget the speech? Who would ever deny that he seemed to up his game in the playoffs when it counted most? Yes he is a complementary player but he had the heart of a champion. I will miss him and hope we don't have to encounter him in the playoffs. It would be hard to root against him.

• Like 4