• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks are in negotiations with Monta Ellis. Not signed yet

drzachary

• Premium Member

I haven't seen anything official yet so I'm only 90% panicking. But...

This (potential) signing is reminding me a lot of the late 90's hawks. Trading away classy, but ageing SG Steve Smith (aka Joe Johnson) for Isiah Rider (Monte Ellis).

What was to follow was almost a decade of terrible, hard to support hawks teams lead by the following cast of washed up vets and young guys looking for pay days. Glen Robinson, Jim Jackson, Antoine Walker, Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Toni Kukoc, Jon Barry, Kenny Anderson, Tom Gugliotta.

Yikes.

I'm as much anti-Ellis as anyone here, but let's not go overboard... I mean, that's far, far overboard. Rider was on his own planet.

[ media ] YouTube URL [ / media ] without the spaces. You can also quickly add it by clicking the 3rd button from the left in the top row of the editor and choosing Media.

Testing. Ok, thank you.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

I honestly don't believe you're as much of a Monta Ellis expert as you're acting like you are but it's whatever. You don't have to like him.

Me personally, I'm going to support this team regardless of who's wearing a jersey. This isn't the Bucks and this isn't the Warriors. You can show me stats all day but until he's actually done something in that Hawks jersey to change my mind, I'm going to support him.

Go look at his stats page. It's all right there. If you can't see how painfully obvious it is that he's a disaster of a player then I don't know what to tell you.

BTW, you'll want to skip down to where it says "Advanced Stats" because those basic stats are there for people without the ability to look past the #yaypoints types of players.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/ellismo01.html

Sorry Dr Z if there was more to the hash tag than #yaypoints but I've forgotten exactly what you typed.

Lets not go comparing Monta Ellis to a drug addict woman beating multiple time loser like Isiah Rider. He may be a "selfish" nba player but he's far from a scum bag human being

edit forgot he's ALSO a woman beater

Edited by taz

• Admin

Are we being punked? Did Monta just say that he competes on both ends? Is he even remotely aware of how much better Wade is on both ends of the floor, but especially the defensive end?

He always says he plays excellent defense so I guess we can delusional to his traits
  • Like 1

Korver is a good "team" defender though right?

Korver at least attempts to play defense. He's not good at it, but you can count on him to give effort. Just go look at that video someone posted earlier where Monta just stands there and watches the ball rotate around the court for an open shot. I've seen Monta play at least a hundred games in his career and he's one of the laziest defenders I've ever seen. All he does is try and get cheap steals to pad his stats.

Lets not go comparing Monta Ellis to a drug addict woman beating multiple time loser like Isiah Rider. He may be a "selfish" nba player but he's far from a scum bag human being

edit forgot he's ALSO a woman beater

The comparison of him as a player is somewhat fair though. Monta is a better scorer but he's the same type of me first player.

What a scrum bag

Who said he's a scum bag or a horrible guy? Everything I've read about him is that he's a great human being and a humble kid.

Chad Johnson has done some amazing things off the field in the NFL but he's a selfish me first player who does more harm on the field than good. Ellis is the same type of player.

Spurs going after Monta - "Great move by the Spurs I can see Monta fitting in nicely with them."

Hawks going after Monta - "What the hell are the Hawks doing? Monta is a terrible player. He doesn't play defense and is a chunker."

LMAO.So true.

• Like 1

Korver at least attempts to play defense. He's not good at it, but you can count on him to give effort. Just go look at that video someone posted earlier where Monta just stands there and watches the ball rotate around the court for an open shot. I've seen Monta play at least a hundred games in his career and he's one of the laziest defenders I've ever seen. All he does is try and get cheap steals to pad his stats.

LOL you cherry pick that and say that's how he always plays. I guarantee you can find something similar for Korver. You have a bias hate for him and you're deluded right now. Give it some time. He's not a great defender but you can't say one thing about someone but it's ok for someone else to do the same thing.