• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks are in negotiations with Monta Ellis. Not signed yet

drzachary

Oh sorry, you are right it's only been since the 2010-2011 season, so only the last 2 seasons. Basketball-reference had a weird listing that made it look like it's been the last 4 years. But yeah let's hold 45% career average up as our standard!

You know I seldom argue with you Dolf, but we all need to remember, Harden shot 43.8% last season himself and he's now considered a top 15 player in the NBA. I know the views on Harden's stardom is debated here as well. Just throwing that out there.

BTW Ellis has 2 seasons at .416% or less, 1 season at .433%, 3 seasons at 45%, 1 season at .475% and 1 season at .531%. I simply cannot believe that anyone would want that player on this team.

And before you say it, I don't WANT Jennings on the team either. I simply PREFER him TO Ellis because there's a factor of still having potential to improve.

BTW Ellis has 2 seasons at .416% or less, 1 season at .433%, 3 seasons at 45%, 1 season at .475% and 1 season at .531%. I simply cannot believe that anyone would want that player on this team.

And before you say it, I don't WANT Jennings on the team either. I simply PREFER him TO Ellis because there's a factor of still having potential to improve.

I wasn't saying I wanted either on the team. I'm in agreement with you on Jenning over Ellis. I stated that in a different thread yesterday; however I wouldn't turn Ellis away simply on the premise of a low % and then argue for Jennings. I think Jennings has more upside. He's actually a good passer when he wants to get others involved. We know what Ellis' ceiling is. 20-24ppg and about 41-44% shooting.

• Premium Member

I'd mention that it's sweet that we're halfway thru Monday, better than 36 hours after late Saturday night's revelation that Monta was on the radar... except that I don't want to jinx us. ;)

You know I seldom argue with you Dolf, but we all need to remember, Harden shot 43.8% last season himself and he's now considered a top 15 player in the NBA. I know the views on Harden's stardom is debated here as well. Just throwing that out there.

Tier 1

Harden had a true shooting % of .600 and an effective FG% of .504

Tier 2

Teague had a true shooting % of .534 and an effective FG% of .489

Tier 3

Jennings had a true shooting % of .498 and an effective FG% of .455

Ellis had a true shooting % of .493 and an effective FG% of .448

Those are MAJOR differences in terms of efficiency and helping your team win vs hurting your teams chances to win.

I wasn't saying I wanted either on the team. I'm in agreement with you on Jenning over Ellis. I stated that in a different thread yesterday; however I wouldn't turn Ellis away simply on the premise of a low % and then argue for Jennings. I think Jennings has more upside. He's actually a good passer when he wants to get others involved. We know what Ellis' ceiling is. 20-24ppg and about 41-44% shooting.

Sorry that wasn't in reply to you, it was meant in reply to atljonesbro

Tier 1

Harden had a true shooting % of .600 and an effective FG% of .504

Tier 2

Teague had a true shooting % of .534 and an effective FG% of .489

Tier 3

Jennings had a true shooting % of .498 and an effective FG% of .455

Ellis had a true shooting % of .493 and an effective FG% of .448

Those are MAJOR differences in terms of efficiency and helping your team win vs hurting your teams chances to win.

Sorry that wasn't in reply to you, it was meant in reply to atljonesbro

Harden gets to the line a lot. That's what helps him and his team. Again, I think Harden, Kobe and any other player mentioned is better than Ellis. I was simply saying I wouldn't hang my hat solely on the shooting percentage argument. That last post with the TS% is far more compelling.

Harden gets to the line a lot. That's what helps him and his team. Again, I think Harden, Kobe and any other player mentioned is better than Ellis. I was simply saying I wouldn't hang my hat solely on the shooting percentage argument. That last post with the TS% is far more compelling.

I've posted the advanced numbers many times but the Ellis fans dismiss that since they obviously don't understand it.

I've posted the advanced numbers many times but the Ellis fans dismiss that since they obviously don't understand it.

I gotcha. I wasn't coming at you. I wish this would all get sorted out so I can get some work done. Lol.
  • Like 1

Apparently Ellis is the higher priority than Bynum or any other FA....ok seriously I have ZERO clue what DF is doing unless collecting trade bait.

If we sign Ellis somebody's gettin' punched in they damn neck.

Forwarding your comments to the Hawks front office..

Forwarding your comments to the Hawks front office..

I'm literally going to install a virus that I'm going to name the Monta virus on the Hawksquawk servers if we sign or trade for Ellis. Forward that to them as well! Virus on the team, virus on the #1 fansite. It's fitting.

I'm pretty sure that Ferry is playing slight of hand with us.

One can only hope...but how mad would everyone be if this turns out to be true? LOL!

I'm pretty sure that Ferry is playing slight of hand with us.

Or with the Bucks to make a better S&T offer around Jennings/Teague so he is acting like he will sign Ellis if they don't hurry up. Or at least that is what I am hoping.

Using advanced stats to show even more how Monta is a player who doesn't make his teammates better...

Chris Paul has a career assist % of 46.3

Deron Williams has a career assist % of 42

Jeff Teague has a career assist % of 29

Stephen Curry has a career assist % of 28.3

Brandon Jennings has a career assist % of 28

Monta Ellis has a career assist % of 21.7%

Assist % - An estimate of the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on the floor.