• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Errbody say something nice about Monta Ellis

taz

You know you might actually have something there. He is a good player on 2K.

I play just like him on 2K. Except actually have a good %, anywhere from 50-70 PPG. Posted Image

One of my favorite players to use actually.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

Lol. Damn you guys are acting like you didn't get the train set you wanted for Xmas or something. For a bunch of fans that are all about potential and upside it seems like getting a guy that has shown it throughout his career and is willing to put a team on his back would be a good thing. Guess that's just me. He is a good asset and is durable. I remember a few years back when he played 48 mins 2 games in a row. We could do much worse. Still need a center but I could care less if Teague returns or not.

Lol. Damn you guys are acting like you didn't get the train set you wanted for Xmas or something. For a bunch of fans that are all about potential and upside it seems like getting a guy that has shown it throughout his career and is willing to put a team on his back would be a good thing. Guess that's just me. He is a good asset and is durable. I remember a few years back when he played 48 mins 2 games in a row. We could do much worse. Still need a center but I could care less if Teague returns or not.

You're happy with having a volume shooter who's nearly identical in terms of efficiency to Josh Smith?

• Premium Member

I really don't care what the Hawks do at this point as I have no control over it anyway. But at least Monta will draw the fire/hate that was inevitably headed Horf's way. Hey the ATL needs an exciting player, so I don't get what all the fuss is about. Somebody has to put points on the board.

He has never, to my knowledge, committed acts of genocide or other crimes against humanity.

He has both his arms and both his legs.

He is probably better at offensive and defensive schemes than a polar bear or a wheel of cheese.

He is not Andrea Bargnani.

Edited by drzachary
  • Like 2

I'm very open-minded so I can see how some might like him. With that True Shooting its extremely hard, but still. He can create for other players off the bounce very well when he wants to I guess. The main thing I hate are his misses. If every team had Accutrak or whatever it's called, I'd be willing to bet that Josh and Monta would be at the top of the league, or bottom, of guys whose shot have the least chance of being offensive rebounded. Theyre the kings of airball, top-boards, and sharp bounces off the rim.

You're happy with having a volume shooter who's nearly identical in terms of efficiency to Josh Smith?

Happy probably isn't the word I would use. But Josh got maxed. Monta or Josh at 10 per for 2-3 years isn't bad IMO. I'm not a Monta fanboy nor a DF fanboy. I just think you guys are over reacting.

Happy probably isn't the word I would use. But Josh got maxed. Monta or Josh at 10 per for 2-3 years isn't bad IMO. I'm not a Monta fanboy nor a DF fanboy. I just think you guys are over reacting.

A 2 year contract at 10 per I could live with. 4 years for 44 million and I'm gonna have to toss my laptop across the room.

A 2 year contract at 10 per I could live with. 4 years for 44 million and I'm gonna have to toss my laptop across the room.

a 2 year contract will really mean Ferry has something going on. Millsap on 2 and if Ellis gets 2, there could be a collecting of pieces type of thing going on. He should at all times be looking for a franchise player and collecting a bunch of stuff to trade is ideal.

I read that thinking he had overcome a lot growing up. Meh, sure worse than most but it did not seem like some huge barrier he overcame.

Maybe I was expecting too much from the story, but I don't see it as being some ridiculous past he overcame. Now Jimmy Butler would be one of those cases, not so much Monta.

His scoring kinda reminds me of Gilbert Arenas. (which is good to me cause he was one of my favorite players in the league)