• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jennings for Teague heating up?

JohnnyCASH

I really appreciate this forum's support of its players but sometimes I think we over value our own. Teague is an example of that. So was Zaza. I have no problem sticking up for my guys though. To use Dolfan's "a tiger can't change its stripes" analogy, a player can't magically grow a heart either. Ill advised shot selection seems like an easier thing to fix than a player's attitude/heart. Pick him apart all you want but BJ is very talented. But again, wtf do I know.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

The take-home to me through all of this is that Ferry really seems to value score-first PGs.

I would agree that Jennings is still young enough that his ceiling is higher than Teague's... with a bit of seasoning, Jennings could be another Iverson... but the problem is that the debate can't end there b/c where Jennings has stagnated, Teague has been trending upward over the last couple of seasons.

I agree with those who would take Jennings over Ellis, but if this is how Ferry wants to play things, I'd probably prefer to trade Teague for some other needed asset and bring Mo Williams in.

Why is everyone trying to get rid of Lou Williams already? Hell, didn't DF go out and get him just last year? And whats the big deal? Is Teague that much better than Jennings, IF AT ALL?? At least BJ has heart, can finish at the rim, and can catch and shoot. Teague has very little heart, cant finish at the rim, (but maybe twice in a season), and has to have his feet set before he shoots. BJ was a lottery pick for a reason guys. Still has tons of potential. Not sayin that Jeff doesn't. Just sayin

Why is everyone trying to get rid of Lou Williams already? Hell, didn't DF go out and get him just last year? And whats the big deal? Is Teague that much better than Jennings, IF AT ALL?? At least BJ has heart, can finish at the rim, and can catch and shoot on the move. Teague has very little heart, cant finish at the rim, (but maybe twice in a season), and has to have his feet set before he takes a shot. BJ was a lottery pick for a reason guys. Still has tons of potential. Not sayin that Jeff doesn't. Just sayin

I will take Jennings over Teague every day of the week. Teague is too passive while Jennings looks to attack the rim at all times. We could surround him with 4 above average shooters and he would wreak havoc on defenses. Sure, he has some faults, but I would rather have a pg that looks to take what he wants instead of settles for what he is given.

Jennings has star qualities and I think he would be a good fit in Atlanta.

i think most of you are overvaluing Teague..He's been my fav player ever since we drafted him out of wake forest but even i can see that jennings is a better player. WAY better option than Ellis and with the right coaching could be an all star. He's a guy that if we kept a round for 2 or 3 years that i might actually buy a jersey for. well known guy around the league and could possibly boost popularity too(more than Teague would)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Saw this tweeted in the side column:

The idea of the Kings not re-signing Tyreke Evans, then moving contracts to give Monta Ellis a big deal cracks me up.

... which made me crack a smile as well.

Then, I had this additional thought that made me make an audible chuckle...

What if this ended up with us getting Jennings and Cousins... think Bud might call Pop up and ask to go back?

Jennings is a superior option FOR us than Ellis. I wouldn't say Ellis is a better option than Jennings in general but for us, Jennings is a superior option.

For the Bucks, Teague is a better option. He doesn't need any personnel, his impact will be the same if he starts no matter what. That's average to above average. Jennings had a negative value with Milwaukee last year. With us, he might be an All Star. Just a different personnel grouping is all.

I want us to keep Lou Williams but we got bench depth as it is with Milsap. Sorry, I don't want Milsap starting next to Al. We still need a center. What about Samuel Dalembert from Mil as well. He is a UFA and he had some good games with Milwaukee when he was healthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Sz3nEC4KI

• Like 1

If I figured this correctly, the Hawks could go over the cap to get Jenning if he's aquired via sign and trade with Miwaukee since we're essentially re-signing one of our own. If our current obligations are:

Horford $12.0

Millsap $9.5

Korver $5.3

Williams $5.3

Carroll $2.5

Jenkins $1.3

Schröder $1.3

Cunningham $1.2

Mack $0.9

Scott $0.8

Muscala $0.5

FA center like Bynum on short deal? $12.0

TOTAL $52.1 million for 12 players

Add Jennings in at $8-$9 million would put you over the cap, but if it's a Teague for Jenning straight swap, I'm pretty sure we can go over the cap as long as we meet the amount requirements to satisfy for teams being over the cap.

We could go a cheaper, short-term route for a big man like Dalembert and save that money though too.

Teague

Thornton (SnT Ellis)

Defino

Ilaysova

Sanders

Zaza

Lou

Henson

others

Hawks

Jennings

Korver

Luc Richard

Horford

Daly

Milsap

Jenkins

Carroll

Mike S.

Schröder unless we keep him overseas

I like our squad. Size, length, shooting, bench depth, and what not.