• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dweeb-o supernerds with tape on their glasses like the Hawks' chances

drzachary

What do you do in the time that you're making patients wait to see you?

Waiting on lab results.

I work in Urgent Care, so I'm usually seeing patients in between patients.

Edited by KB21

Waiting on lab results.

I work in Urgent Care, so I'm usually seeing patients in between patients.

Ahh... you need one of those cush jobs where the patient only gets to the see the actual Dr about every 5 appointments or so, whereas they see the PA every other time. It's probably been 2 years since I've seen my actual Dr.

Ahh... you need one of those cush jobs where the patient only gets to the see the actual Dr about every 5 appointments or so, whereas they see the PA every other time. It's probably been 2 years since I've seen my actual Dr.

Actually, I don't take appointments. People can walk in and see me. I'm sort of a sub-ER physician. I typically see between 45-50 pts a day.

Actually, I don't take appointments. People can walk in and see me. I'm sort of a sub-ER physician. I typically see between 45-50 pts a day.

Ah you're not one of the chill at a small clinic types then. Between that, 2 young children and a wife I have no idea how you have time to follow the Hawks / Phins and whichever baseball team you follow. Kudos to you man!

Ah you're not one of the chill at a small clinic types then. Between that, 2 young children and a wife I have no idea how you have time to follow the Hawks / Phins and whichever baseball team you follow. Kudos to you man!

It's one of those situations where I don't usually watch TV unless a game is on.

You can never have too much information I guess. But you'll never know how valuable these tools are until the smartest, most successful people in the game reveal how much they take it into account. In other words, we'll probably never know. I do hope the league-wide optical tracking is administered sooner than later though. The lesser enlightened and inefficient players hope not.

You can never have too much information I guess. But you'll never know how valuable these tools are until the smartest, most successful people in the game reveal how much they take it into account. In other words, we'll probably never know. I do hope the league-wide optical tracking is administered sooner than later though. The lesser enlightened and inefficient players hope not.

The optical data is from an independent company named SportVU, they do not have an affiliation with the league as far as I know. Also, the data is probably only licensed to your home games. So even though the Celtics have SportVU, I doubt they have access to the home game data of the Mavs who also have SportVU. So I doubt this data goes league-wide anytime soon especially since no more than 15 teams have SportVU installed at this time.

And why do you think it is only valuable when the smartest people reveal it? At some point in time, the smartest people did not know what the valuable information is but eventually they got to it. Who is to say you can't do the same? (you don't need to devote your entire life to this stuff, but it is not so complicated that you couldn't figure it out with a solid week of work on it)

The optical data is from an independent company named SportVU, they do not have an affiliation with the league as far as I know. Also, the data is probably only licensed to your home games. So even though the Celtics have SportVU, I doubt they have access to the home game data of the Mavs who also have SportVU. So I doubt this data goes league-wide anytime soon especially since no more than 15 teams have SportVU installed at this time.

And why do you think it is only valuable when the smartest people reveal it? At some point in time, the smartest people did not know what the valuable information is but eventually they got to it. Who is to say you can't do the same? (you don't need to devote your entire life to this stuff, but it is not so complicated that you couldn't figure it out with a solid week of work on it)

Here is one of the papers from the sloan conference that was done on rebounding. The data they have in this paper supports one of the premises I have had on here. Not only is the three point shot a better shot than anything in the 10-22 foot range, but you have a better chance of getting an offensive rebound on a three point shot (25%) than you do on a 10-22 foot shot (21.5%).

I've been supporting the idea that Houston's shot distribution they achieved this past season is as close to what is ideal as you are going to get, and this data helps back that up.

With sportvu you get access to all data if you install it in your courtSo there is incentive to joinAbout half league is already in...if u join now, you get 16x the data by joining the network than if you just did your own home court solution

I have not heard anything about the availability of the SportVU data, where did you hear that from? I just assumed the data would be proprietary but I could be wrong.

• Moderators

Using advanced stats to show even more how Monta is a player who doesn't make his teammates better... Chris Paul has a career assist % of 46.3Deron Williams has a career assist % of 42Jeff Teague has a career assist % of 29Stephen Curry has a career assist % of 28.3Brandon Jennings has a career assist % of 28Monta Ellis has a career assist % of 21.7% Assist % - An estimate of the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on the floor.

I really don't want to start another Monta Ellis dispute, but all those guys are point guards except for Monta who is an undersized SG.

I really don't want to start another Monta Ellis dispute, but all those guys are point guards except for Monta who is an undersized SG.

It's pertinent to this discussion since there's a 99% chance we'd be getting him to play ZpG, which he cannot do.

• Premium Member

Here is one of the papers from the sloan conference that was done on rebounding. The data they have in this paper supports one of the premises I have had on here. Not only is the three point shot a better shot than anything in the 10-22 foot range, but you have a better chance of getting an offensive rebound on a three point shot (25%) than you do on a 10-22 foot shot (21.5%).

I've been supporting the idea that Houston's shot distribution they achieved this past season is as close to what is ideal as you are going to get, and this data helps back that up.

I actually agree with you for once. You don't need advanced metrics to see that scoring either around the basket or having accurate three point shooters is a recipe for success. I actually think Houston did a really good job in that their players were usually very good at either around the rim or shooting threes or in the case of Harden both.