• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bynum signing with Cavs

Admin

Who is left ?

DF hasn't bought in anyone worth a damn.

I wish he would say that if we didn't get D12 and CP3 we would look to build from the draft

we don't ave anyone but Al an Lou trade

who do you think we will get to fill out the roster ???

Millsap at 9 million a year was a hell of an accomplishment. If you can't acknowledge that, then you are on the fringe with your opinion. I know it's not ideal as we would like to have a true center but I'm starting to like the idea of seeing what Al and Paul can do. Both good scorers and good rebounders and Millsap won't have us reaching for the excedrin and looking up prices for new tv's to replace the one's with broken screens like the other guy who is getting paid much more.

Danny Ferry has turned us into a white bread team. If he thinks that this will sell in Atlanta then he doesn't know this city.

Haha NOTHING sells the Hawks to the city of Atlanta. When was the last year that the Hawks had good attendance #'s? Outside of the playoffs Atlanta has had embarrassing fan support outside of the diehards. Sure the Hawks haven't been a championship contender in a long time, but it's sad that fans won't support a team because they aren't a championship contender. It's a good thing that many of the fans in other non-contending team cities don't feel that way or the NBA would die off.

Millsap at 9 million a year was a hell of an accomplishment. If you can't acknowledge that, then you are on the fringe with your opinion. I know it's not ideal as we would like to have a true center but I'm starting to like the idea of seeing what Al and Paul can do. Both good scorers and good rebounders and Millsap won't have us reaching for the excedrin and looking up prices for new tv's to replace the one's with broken screens like the other guy who is getting paid much more.

We already saw what Millsap + undersized center can do in Utah. The answer is not very much. You replace Teague with Mo Williams and you basically have the Utah Jazz.

Danny Ferry has turned us into a white bread team. If he thinks that this will sell in Atlanta then he doesn't know this city.

I think most of us had our sights set on championship contender this year. The fact of the matter is, only one ( Howard ) and possibly another ( CP3, I have doubts he can do that by himself ) free agent could move the talent needle that far.

Bynum must be hurting or Cuban ( Mr Big Bucks ) would have made a offer. We have Millsap and Horford vs Josh and Horford. We will end up with a PG, if not Teague then at least his equal.

Millsap over Josh is a win. We have not regressed and so far we don't have money tied up in bad assets.

Edited by Buzzard

I have always been against TANKING, up until right about now! We cant continue to just be a 5-8 seed playoff team for the rest of our lives. It is time to restart this whole thing up again. If we want to be a top tier team we have to get that #1 overall pick sometime soon or we will continue to be mediocre. No star player wants to come to Atlanta so we have to draft our own.

Haha NOTHING sells the Hawks to the city of Atlanta. When was the last year that the Hawks had good attendance #'s? Outside of the playoffs Atlanta has had embarrassing fan support outside of the diehards. Sure the Hawks haven't been a championship contender in a long time, but it's sad that fans won't support a team because they aren't a championship contender. It's a good thing that many of the fans in other non-contending team cities don't feel that way or the NBA would die off.

Not true. Atlanta is a super star town. There were no Falcons fans before Michael Vick. Now the Dome has some of the best tailgating in the country. Miami never supported the Heat until they became championship contenders. We not only have to win, but we have to be the "cool" team. If we would have landed CP3 and Dwight we would have become that team. With Bynum we'd have become the light version of that team. Ferry doesn't care about winning the press conference, but that is exactly what he HAS to do.

He will probably sign with Dallas or someone else also. Perhaps Ferry has something on Millsap's family in order to get him to sign here. Seriously, all of those shows how valueless the previous 6 playoff appearances were. When nobody wants to sign with a team that has made the playoffs in 6 times in a row, something is wrong.

Hawks did NOT make an offer to BynumWe weren't turned down...only cavs even made an offer...us and mavs passed on him bc he isn't likely to contribute

Not true. Atlanta is a super star town. There were no Falcons fans before Michael Vick. Now the Dome has some of the best tailgating in the country. Miami never supported the Heat until they became championship contenders. We not only have to win, but we have to be the "cool" team. If we would have landed CP3 and Dwight we would have become that team. With Bynum we'd have become the light version of that team. Ferry doesn't care about winning the press conference, but that is exactly what he HAS to do.

I'm not from Atlanta, nor do I live there, curious...fans didn't support the 2 legit to quit dirty birds?

• Premium Member

Vick did bring fans in. The year after him being sentenced and even Ryans first two years werent that great though (support wise). Finally having back to back winning seasons those two years helped the Falcons. We have had a lot of success recently and that is why you see fans turn out. I still wouldn't have called the support great until I saw the turnout in the playoffs.The hawks getting a superstar would help more than anything. I feel that having management dedicated to winning in place and seeing the results will help our fan base grow too. Direction seems to be new to the Hawks, it's going to take some time. It's probably going to take a similar showing against Boston when we were the 8th seed too.Atlanta is a tough city. There are so many things you got to deal with go get support of fans. Edited by cam1218

I'm not from Atlanta, nor do I live there, curious...fans didn't support the 2 legit to quit dirty birds?

Yes they did. It took a minute for folks to come around because nearly a decade of losing took place before that season but by the end, the place was packed. The thing about this town is that in order to win over the transplants, the casual fans who dwarf the hardcore ones, as well as the barber shop crowd who still walk around in Vick jerseys, you not only have to win, but you must win BIG. Just getting to the playoffs might work in one-horse towns like Portland or San Antonio but it doesn't move the meter here one bit, especially in the heart of the SEC, where 8-9 win seasons get rewarded with hot seats and pink slips.Even if winning the title isn't plausible, you'd better have some folks on the squad that's worth watching. While hard working, lunch pail guys will get noticed by us, again, the casual fans, transplants, and barber shop crowd outnumber the hardcore fans by at least 100-1. Those folks wouldn't know who Paul Milsap was without doing a Google search first. Unfortunately, those are the ones who have the disposable income to buy tickets, which explains why you never see empties in the building when Lebron or Kobe come to town. But the same can be said of any town whose team hasn't come close to winning, especially those who don't play their games in a national landmark (cough Cub fans).As they say, it is what it is... Edited by Dejay

I'm pretty sure the Dirty Birds had a pretty damned good following, well before Michael Vick. The Falcons, and the NFL in general, will always have a better following from casual fans than the NBA and especially the Hawks will have.

• Moderators

I'm pretty sure the Dirty Birds had a pretty damned good following, well before Michael Vick. The Falcons, and the NFL in general, will always have a better following from casual fans than the NBA and especially the Hawks will have.

The first guy who got the city really pumped about the Falcons predated both the Dirty Birds and Vick...Neon Deion.

• Like 3