• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson Appreciation Thread.

Diesel

I loved Joe, but I think you have some things mixed up. I watched the Josh press conference and don't see how he bashed us? I heard where the Mavs & Atlanta really didn't seem interested in Bynum that much. Cleveland was the only team that really wanted Bynum badly enough to give him an offer like that.However, I do appreciate and miss what Joe has done for us fans in the past.

• Premium Member

I loved Joe, but I think you have some things mixed up. I watched the Josh press conference and don't see how he bashed us? I heard where the Mavs & Atlanta really didn't seem interested in Bynum that much. Cleveland was the only team that really wanted Bynum badly enough to give him an offer like that.However, I do appreciate and miss what Joe has done for us fans in the past.

It's good when we can go back and revise recent history. I guess that's called Spin. We have been spinning the Bynum snubb since it happened. Oh, we didn't have much interest... Yet... we had him come in and we put all other signings on hold (DMC the alltime great and Korver) because we expected to spend some money. So where are we spending this money??

Josh basically said he was glad to be with a team that knows how to win championships. As pitiful as the Pistons have been while the Hawks have been good, that's a freakin slap in the face.

This thread is not about missing Joe. It's about appreciating Joe for Choosing us. Because right now, we should feel like we have been the ugly girl at the dance for a while.

• Premium Member

I don't think this is how appreciation threads are supposed to work...

Lol appreciation threads never work.But sure why not..thanks Joe!!! Edited by cam1218

It's good when we can go back and revise recent history. I guess that's called Spin. We have been spinning the Bynum snubb since it happened. Oh, we didn't have much interest... Yet... we had him come in and we put all other signings on hold (DMC the alltime great and Korver) because we expected to spend some money. So where are we spending this money??

Josh basically said he was glad to be with a team that knows how to win championships. As pitiful as the Pistons have been while the Hawks have been good, that's a freakin slap in the face.

This thread is not about missing Joe. It's about appreciating Joe for Choosing us. Because right now, we should feel like we have been the ugly girl at the dance for a while.

We probably offered Bynum some shitty contract as well as the Mavs did. And yeah, he said we havn't won anything compared to Detroits history. Detroit is heading in the right direction (they already have raw young talent)

Yeah, I'm glad Joe did sign the contract with us after leaving Phoenix. Anyone would have signed the 2nd contract given to him though.

So I guess.. thank you Joe for signing on a team that would actually give you playing time.

Edited by AHawks89

• Premium Member

Joe got his appreciation thread last offseason, did he really need another one. Nothing to see here - Pity I cannot unsee what I just read.

Please. Good riddance and F*@k joe is not an appreciation thread.

I think it's important to see how all this B.S. about what we would do with all the capspace has become. We all said that Ferry would do something important with all the money we were saving by moving JOE FOR NOTHING. Understand me. I Don't have a problem that we moved Joe. But WE GOT NOTHING.

168 lbs.

F&@k Joe. It was embarrassing to watch a 2 with size I've never seen fail to show any explosiveness or shoot a free throw. Just a glorified role player who garnered his little fringe All-Star appearances on size and poor talent at the position alone. He's so great the Nets went and got a senior citizen who is the exact same size and does most of the same things, only difference is he's actually helped win something.

I've never seen such a hater man. Let it go...

Joe was the most talented player the Hawks has seen in the last decade. Nobody wants to play in Atlanta because the fans and the organisation suck so much. JJ was booed last year when he came back for the first time in Philips Arena. I can say tou that, it doesn't do any good tou our organisation. Don't be surprised playeres don't want to play for such a great fanbase...

Nets fans do take Joe for what he is : an aging and overpaid close to elite player who can still make your team win some games.

F&@k Joe. It was embarrassing to watch a 2 with size I've never seen fail to show any explosiveness or shoot a free throw. Just a glorified role player who garnered his little fringe All-Star appearances on size and poor talent at the position alone. He's so great the Nets went and got a senior citizen who is the exact same size and does most of the same things, only difference is he's actually helped win something.

Oh my lord Benhill, this I just ridiculous. only difference is he's actually helped win something? Did Joe have two superstars playing with him in Atlanta? NO. Did he have even one more star playing with him in Atlanta? NO. Did Paul Pierce do anything in the playoffs without Garnett and Allen? NO. You put Garnett and Ray Allen on the Hawks in 08 and guess what...we f'ing win.

With Joe Johnson we learned you can take the 3rd best SG in the Eastern Conference and become the 10-12th best team in the league.

How many were better than Vince Carter was in Toronto at his position? Gilbert was top what at his position on the Wizards? Ray Allen in Seattle? KG was the best in the league at his position at the time he was in Minnesota right? If not the best, def top 2 (Duncan). T-Mac was top what in the league in Orlando/Houston? Def top 3 at SF. Did Dirk even make the playoffs this year. I'm not understanding what this has to do with jack right now. I love that one player is expected to make their team one of the best in the league. Especially after we just watched the best player in the planet put his tail between his legs and go to Miami to play with two more superstars.

Why are we appreciating Joe Johnson? Great regular season player. One of the worst playoff performers. Oh and he was getting paid $20+ million a year. Nah, no appreciation here...sorry to be a scrooge. NO THANKS JOE

Edited by IllestPamfilis

You know, I thought all the Joepologists had gotten it all out of their system. I guess we're going to have to hear this whiny nonsense until DF brings a championship to Atlanta. I mean we were so close with Joe. Didn't Joe almost push the Nets to a ring? Oh wait, he led them to a first round exit at the hands of Nate Robinson and a hobbling Noah. Mann I wish DF knew what he had.

• Like 1

You know you can't make no Joe appreciation thread with me on deck, D. I'm an ass when it comes to that topic. Besides, a guy who makes more than LeBron yet has never finished in the Top 10 for MVP voting needs no appreciation, as if he wanted it. Just buy his jersey so he can make a few more cents. I think Boston trading their 7th overall pick before his rookie season ended is all the referendum you need on what type of player Joe was, is, and always will be. I actually liked him in Phoenix. Perfect role. After he fractured his orbital, he was never the same.

Edited by benhillboy

Time to move on and pass it - we are in the midst of our OWN FAcy and Summer League starts tomorrow. Then again it might be relevant: we get to see the #1 pick (Schröder) that we got when we traded Joe, so thanks Joe.

• Premium Member

Time to move on and pass it - we are in the midst of our OWN FAcy and Summer League starts tomorrow. Then again it might be relevant: we get to see the #1 pick (Schröder) that we got when we traded Joe, so thanks Joe.

Nope. We got Schröder off of our own efforts. We got Lucas for Joe. You probably will never see what we got for Joe... Mark it down. He may be like Digbeau... 37 and still waiting on ATL to give up his draft rights.

• Premium Member

You guys must not have heard about the new luxury tax and how much it really is. Honestly only like three owners can even afford to really pay it

NOT the point TAZ.

The point was to thank him for picking us so many years back. The mentality of some of the fans here is that they are happier LOSING. At least Joe let us old heads remember what winning in the playoffs felt like. Alas we fans of the Hawks will go back to our 1 National TV appearance per year and our dismal record and of course, our Draft lottery parties.

NOT the point TAZ.

The point was to thank him for picking us so many years back. The mentality of some of the fans here is that they are happier LOSING. At least Joe let us old heads remember what winning in the playoffs felt like. Alas we fans of the Hawks will go back to our 1 National TV appearance per year and our dismal record and of course, our Draft lottery parties.

And the mentality of other fans is to thank a 2nd-3rd tier free agent for taking the most amount of money he was offered. Joe was no superstar coming out of Phoenix and yet he received a max. He established himself as a pseudo-star after his first deal and when opportunities for contenders were staring him in the face he stayed for, you guessed it, the most amount of money. Stop romanticizing over this trophy wife.