• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Game 2

Afro

Just got retweeted by mike scott:

(even though I was just talking about him shooting 3's and whatnot)

• Like 1

So excited that we finally have a true bonafied PG. Don't care what anybody says I'm sold, give Dennis the keys. Jeff will be good trade bait at the deadline, and he wants to leave here anyway. I'm also impressed in Lucas too, still extremely raw but he hustles. Not surprised where Scott and Jenkins are at, they seem to get better and better. Future looks bright, just need to start luring some real FA's in here. It's just scary how good German Chocolate is and he hasn't even scratched the surface yet.

Edited by IllestPamfilis
  • Like 4

I love Dennis already, I can't wait to see him play alongside Horford. I love Teague but man, Dennis just has a whole different approach. Bebe coming over this year doesn't seem like a bad idea either. I'm sure he'd develop faster practicing with NBA talent than he would overseas anyways

4. First Look: Dennis Schröder
By Kevin Pelton | ESPN.com

Posted Image

Through two games in Las Vegas, Dennis Schröder has done nothing to dismiss comparisons to Rajon Rondo. Like Rondo, Schröder's exceptional quickness enables him to penetrate on offense and pressure opposing ballhandlers. He used good footwork to hound Miami guard Anthony Marshall all night Sunday, forcing eight turnovers, and handed out eight assists. The Rondo similarity extends to Schröder's weaknesses. He missed both perimeter attempts -- one was wide right by at least a foot -- and he'll have to make the simple pass rather than forcing the issue and turning the ball over, as he did three times.

Kevin Pelton is an NBA Insider for ESPN.com.

• Premium Member

Cautiously optimistic. Need to see more... can't make these huge conclusions based on two games of observations. But as should probably be expected, there was a huge improvement from game 1 to game 2 overall from each one of the draftees.

I see flashes from all our young promising guys. Nogueira is pretty versatile and he hustles. Surprisingly made some nice entry passes. Dennis' hands are ultra quick on D and he was pretty much born to pass. Mike Scott, while athletically challenged, shows good confidence and craftiness. What can you say about Jenkins, he's a gunner. Shoot a lot, hit a lot. I'm liking the future.And anybody else love Dennis quickly acknowledging his fouls? He called for one and it wasnt even on him, it was offensive. Referees love that.

The thing I like most about Dennis is the poise and confidence. He looks like a leader out there, he appears to already understand what he is trying to do in each play, and directs traffic with a purpose. His shot is a little broke - needs to work on that.

Dennis is getting a lot of passes and shots deflected on him - I'm guessing this is part of the adjustment to playing with faster, longer athletes. What your brain thought was an open pass in Germany is not an open pass in the NBA.

Noguiera needs seasoning before coming over. I expected him to be more active on the glass but is basically a non factor out there. He has proven he can catch a lob and that is about it.

• Premium Member

Rondo couldn't shoot either entering the league, so he can develop (while starting).

I agree with you. In time as he gets used to the league he will vastly improve on going to the basket, he will need help with that jumper. I am excited about this kid after seeing him 2 times, after all the players Ive seen he has the tools to be a good player. The NBA is mental, and Dennis already has that part down. He should get backup minutes this year at the point and learn the league.