• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who should stick... who should go

Diesel

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

When I say stick, I'm talking about on the Hawks playing rotation. When I say go, that could either mean, Europe, NBADL, or be traded.

These are multiple picks allowed.

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

We need a wing, as a FA Ronnie Brewer is the best fit, he could compliment Korver as a starting unit allowing Jenkins and DMC coming of the bench, two balanced duos.NY is said to be shopping Shumpert, I wonder if we could get him...About centers Byron Mullens could also be serviceable.

We need a wing, as a FA Ronnie Brewer is the best fit, he could compliment Korver as a starting unit allowing Jenkins and DMC coming of the bench, two balanced duos.NY is said to be shopping Shumpert, I wonder if we could get him...About centers Byron Mullens could also be serviceable.

I love Shumpert. When he develops his shot he's gonna be an upper-echelon 2. I'd love to have him.

Ivan because the others either aren't coming or are not worth it.

Gladyr and Mack need to be off the team.

Trade Jeff while he can still get you some value.

Stevenson should just be cut right now since he isn't guaranteed.

Bring Shumpert home! What would we have to give up? John Jenkins would be my first choice. Then maybe Mike Scott or some picks??

That wouldn't even come close. I doubt we would have the pieces necessary to acquire him without giving up the likes of Horford. Maybe later this year if they needed a Korver or Millsap for a playoff push but that's highly unlikely to happen. He's a pretty valuable player to them. Plus I think Dolan was just having an emotional response when Shumpert refused to play summer league. He will calm down and keep him I think.

That wouldn't even come close. I doubt we would have the pieces necessary to acquire him without giving up the likes of Horford. Maybe later this year if they needed a Korver or Millsap for a playoff push but that's highly unlikely to happen. He's a pretty valuable player to them. Plus I think Dolan was just having an emotional response when Shumpert refused to play summer league. He will calm down and keep him I think.

Right. I meant a package. Not just one or the other. If they think they are getting someone like Horford for him then they are bat shit crazy.
  • Like 1

Right. I meant a package. Not just one or the other. If they think they are getting someone like Horford for him then they are bat shit crazy.

Yeah. I wouldn't want to include Horford either. My point was that I don't think we would have the pieces that would be attractive enough to land Shumpert. They would want some young, ridiculously good player or players for him. Not sure we have that at this point.Lou's decent but I think Shumpert is better, so I don't think they make that trade. And Lou is best as a sixth man. They have JRSmith already.Teague may be a piece they would want long term to replace Felton, but I don't think that's enough for Shumpert. Our best assets may be Dennis and BeBe, but Shumpert is a stronger prospect than those two.

Yeah. I wouldn't want to include Horford either. My point was that I don't think we would have the pieces that would be attractive enough to land Shumpert. They would want some young, ridiculously good player or players for him. Not sure we have that at this point.Lou's decent but I think Shumpert is better, so I don't think they make that trade. And Lou is best as a sixth man. They have JRSmith already.Teague may be a piece they would want long term to replace Felton, but I don't think that's enough for Shumpert. Our best assets may be Dennis and BeBe, but Shumpert is a stronger prospect than those two.

I like Iman a lot but am not ready to give huge assets for him either. I think that NY knows his value will never be higher than it is right now and that's why they are going to try and sell high.

• Premium Member

So based on the polling data, the Hawks team should be (not a depth Chart):

Horf/Brand/Lucas

Millsap/Scott

DMC/ Korver,

Jenkins

Teague/ D-Nice

And we should target Asik, Shumpert, Ivan Johnson, and Henderson.

I think Korver starts ahead of DMC. I also think JJ is not a starter unless that's all we have to work with. His play in SL was discouraging to me almost to the point of aggravating.

I think Korver starts ahead of DMC. I also think JJ is not a starter unless that's all we have to work with. His play in SL was discouraging to me almost to the point of aggravating.

But he was playing as the #1 and #2 options. So of course the team was looking for him to score, which he did, but not efficiently. I think he will put up better shooting numbers up this coming year because we don't need the offense to go through him. Just shoot spot up from 3.

But he was playing as the #1 and #2 options. So of course the team was looking for him to score, which he did, but not efficiently. I think he will put up better shooting numbers up this coming year because we don't need the offense to go through him. Just shoot spot up from 3.

I agree but he was going against scrubs. 80% or more of the players in SL won't make an NBA roster. The fact we had 4-5 players that will be on our roster is crazy actually. JJ was bricking wide open 3s consistently and that is supposed to be his specialty. But he did have more swag. I'll give him that.
  • Like 1