• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trying to prove a theory...

Diesel

Nice post Diesel. Do you type these up in a word processor first? Or do you have a voice activated program? I picture you sitting in a large throne while petting your hairless cat.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

See there, you can make perfect sense when you really try. Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Wow, I think this is the first post that you have said something other than "me too" or "this". Next time Hazer, let's try for a full paragraph... and maybe... you can bring a thought to the party too? Your posts are about as exciting, enciteful , and committed as Marvin Williams.

• Premium Member

Rasheed as coach and Billups as a player now with Detroit, are Josh's last chance with individuals who won't put up with his past s___ ! They already know !

An interesting thought meant for other board is:

Josh with Rasheed.

Joe with Kidd.

Marvin with Ty Corbin.

How do coaches who are not so far from their playing days deal with players?

I think Kidd will be able to reach Joe.

I like the "blue-collar", hard working team that you're describing. It can work (and it is working in Denver - to an extent). Denver doesn't have a superstar, per se and won 57 games last year. Denver did it with incredible depth and one of the youngest teams in the league. However, a major injury to Gallo and it changed the landscape of the Nuggets. Thus, it didn't translate in the playoffs.

Can that formula work for Atlanta?

• Premium Member

Nice writeup dude! Really spells out "best case" scenario and how Danny Ferry is thinking. For years I've been saying that we needed Smoove to accept a role and bring in a better coach. I really think that if we had done that a few years back...and had Smoove play more of a Ben Wallace type role, that we would have made the ECF's.

Ferry has basically done that by bringing in Millsap - who will do dirty work, not take ridiculous shots, and will play his role. If coach Bud is really the prodigy that people think he is, this is a team that can win some ballgames. Of that, I have absolutely no doubt - which is why I've been quick to shoot down any talk of missed playoffs. This is the team and it's going to win games. The question is how far can they go?

People get tired of hearing about the Big 3's, and they despise the Heat, and we all want to vomit listening to the bandwagon fans worshiping the "superstah" players and teams...and it's easy to lose sight of the competition in that.

...but the truth rears it's ugly head when these teams remind you how good they are on both ends. When they play defense just as good as you do, have a coach just as capable as yours, and hustle just as much as your team does...but you're tasked with stopping Derrick Rose or LeBron James. Where as, they're forcing Horford to put it on the floor and forcing us to shoot jumpers.

Much as I love defense, hustle, team play, and rebounding...at the end of the day, it's all about getting that ball through the hoop. Will we be struggling to trade baskets in the clutch or will we be able to score by committee and do it with a total team effort? There was a time many years ago when I had the kind of reckless hope that I could believe in the latter. I'll be watching because I'm a fan, but Ferry will have to prove it to me...because he can't sell me on it.

Good post Diesel. I love blue collar teams but when it comes to crunch time who do the Hawks have you can count on to put it in the basket? It's why superstars get paid the big bucks except none want to come to Atlanta.It will be interesting to see how this plays out but we could just be spinning our wheels and wasting time with this blue collar theory. At least most players do not have long term contracts so maybe we go the other route which is get lucky in the lottery in the future or maybe a star player will want to come to Atlanta

in free agency at some point.

Edited by thescout5

• Premium Member

Good post Diesel. I love blue collar teams but when it comes to crunch time who do the Hawks have you can count on to put it in the basket? It's why superstars get paid the big bucks except none want to come to Atlanta.It will be interesting to see how this plays out but we could just be spinning our wheels and wasting time with this blue collar theory. At least most players do not have long term contracts so maybe we go the other route which is get lucky in the lottery in the future or maybe a star player will want to come to Atlanta

in free agency at some point.

Superstars get paid the big bucks to carry inefficient teams. IN Ferry's plan, it's obvious that we will beat teams with efficiency. IF we can do that, then there will probably not be a crunch time or be a need for a goto guy. It's sorta from the Coach K school of thinking where you have all these guys on the team who defends and scores but they do it as a unit.

I picture you sitting in a large throne while petting your hairless cat.

I'm pretty sure Diesel has one of those miniature Giraffes Posted Image

P.S. - Hard workers/scrappers dig great ditches and can re-roof your house...but they don't win NBA Championships....exceptional talent does that.

Hopefully Schröder becomes an exceptional talent.

Edited by Marilyn

Wow, I think this is the first post that you have said something other than "me too" or "this". Next time Hazer, let's try for a full paragraph... and maybe... you can bring a thought to the party too? Your posts are about as exciting, enciteful , and committed as Marvin Williams.

suc·cinct
/səkˈsiNGkt/
Adjective

(esp. of something written or spoken) Briefly and clearly expressed.

ver·boseadjective (ˌ)vər-ˈbōs
: containing more words than necessary : wordy <a verbose reply>; also : impaired by wordiness <a verbose style>
: given to wordiness <a verbose orator>
  • Like 1