• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in the mix for Greg Oden?

Dimesadozen

• Moderators

I just don't want the social media hate that is sure to ensue if he spurns the Heatles for a team like the Hawks.

But FWIW, in this corner, he's got an All-Star-caliber PF/C and 2007 draft contemporary, a fellow Indy native at PG, a former Buckeye teammate who's a training camp invitee. and a young SG who shares the same agent, an agent who recently professed Oden's interest in "rebuilding" teams that can keep the "pressure" off of him.

~lw3

• Moderators

As much as I wanted to see the Hawks sign Oden I do think it is going to be an huge gamble (Can he stay healthy?) for any team that signs him unless he signs a Buyer Friendly Contract to get the opportunity to play with an established winner/contender like the Heat or Spurs. In all honesty I will not be very disappointed if Oden does not sign with the Hawks (And, I seriously doubt they ever had much of a chance anyway).

Not much of a gamble given the price tag, IMO. (Maybe he'll get more than I expect but I wouldn't bet on a sizable deal in dollars or years given what Bynum got).