• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in the mix for Greg Oden?

Dimesadozen

• Moderators

I'd love to take a shot at Oden. There is a good chance that he washes out but if you sign him to a 1+1 contract, that is no real risk. If he plays 18 MPG, those are better minutes at center than you will get from anyone else on our roster. (His per 36s are 15 pp36, 12 rp36, and 2 bp36). If he actually gets healthy, he could be a huge impact player.

Since we are setting our roster to have flexible pieces and the chance to reset the roster in 2 years, why not take a stab at Oden and just waive him it doesn't work out?

I don't see anything else in FA that could potentially swing our playoff fortunes. Even if the risk is high and the chances of a stellar outcome are low, at least there is a chance.

• Premium Member

No way he picks us over the Heat and Spurs. If he does, that means he's not interested in winning a ship which makes me not want him still.

Hard to say w/o knowing what $ is put on the table.

Our bench could actually be a strength since our starting five isn't.

Schröder/Mack

Lou/Cunningham

Jenkins/Deshawn/(Scott)

Scott/Antić

Brand/Oden/ maybe Muscala

Maybe Bebe as this year if Muscala and Mack/Deshawn is cut

Teague/Korver/Carroll/Millsap/Horford

Whatever happened to Slim Stouda? I was really happy when we drafted him cuz I used to watch him at Arizona all the time. Thought he would be much better than he was. With that 3 he had he should have lasted as a journeyman in the league. Ah well.

He went to SA got hurt then to the D league. That was it. I had hope for him. I guess I have just been hoping for one, any one of our draft pic's to turn into something for us. I was such a Huge Josh fan (both smoove and Chills) because of that. I was even a Marvin fan for a short while.

I feel like teams really want Oden because he is finally showing that he is good to go. Actually working out for teams unlike Bynum... I'd definitely bring him in. There is a reason Portland passed on Durant back in the day... Or maybe they were just stupid... Either way pick him up Ferry!

I thought I read on this board (probably, in this topic) that Oden is supposed to work out for the Hawks tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if that is true and if so if that workout is still scheduled? I didn't know if the Hawks recent signings of Milsap, Brand and Pero Antić had changed their minds about pursuing Oden (I hope not).

I thought I read on this board (probably, in this topic) that Oden is supposed to work out for the Hawks tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if that is true and if so if that workout is still scheduled? I didn't know if the Hawks recent signings of Milsap, Brand and Pero Antić had changed their minds about pursuing Oden (I hope not).

Yep. This article.

If we could get a reasonably healthy Oden who could produce like he did before he got hurt, we'd actually be a pretty dangerous team - we'd just need to find one more wing out there somewhere. I'm always intrigued by this kind of stuff, even though it seems pretty unlikely that he'll ever stay healthy.

• Admin

Ferry pay for Oden damnit. I will be so happy if we landed him. We need a center so damn bad and one with some talent.

If he is still broken down then it will be a waste of money...right now Oden is just a name...he has never contributed in the league and may never as a result of his injuries

• Premium Member

At 24 years old, and if he's looking healthy enough that DF would think to offer him a contract (recall that he didn't even see it worthwhile to offer one to Bynum)... and that, there is little but bargain basement talent left in the free agency bin at this point anyhow... might as well give Oden some serious cash to see what could happen.

(...yes, I'm conscious that it's easy for me to say, as I'm only spending other people's money.)

• Like 1

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

Ferry pay for Oden damnit. I will be so happy if we landed him. We need a center so damn bad and one with some talent.

You act like San Antonio and Dallas do not have any money; they do. We are in the running but it is totally in Oden's hands. And if he is still hurting, I am not interested. I like he is working out for us last. At least this way we know he has not made up his mind. Other wise why bother?