• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2nd Unit & Bench

MrNique

So with Pero official, this appears to be our 2nd Unit:ShroederSweet LouJunkyard DawgPeroBrandThat's not bad. Scrappy. And Pero and Brand make a ton of sense with Al talking about how the 4-5 are interchangeable in the offense.Then we have Jenkins, Scott, Noguera, maybe Cunningham developing, pushing for minutes and enjoying garbage time.Yeah, I'm ignoring the biggest mystery:TeagueKorver??????????MillsapHorfordBut otherwise, I'm happy.

On paper, we're looking pretty good. Not bad, at all. Still,we gotta wait and see what is what. All these new playersand some returning + a new head coach and asistants.And, some of us are just slightly excited about what we have.Season opener, where are you? We're waiting for you!GO HAWKS!!

Honestly the way I see it isTeagueLouKorverAlPeroSchroederJenkinsCarroll/scottMillsap/ScottBrand/nogueriaYeah I know lou is coming off an injury but its time to see what we have in Jenkins, he is our new six man. I give pero the start over brand because hes younger, more mobile for the pick and roll and solid shooter. Meaning Al can play the pf. I think this makes are first and second units very formidable. Brand and millsap off bench with carrol, jenkins, and Schröder has good offense written all over it and quality defense. Not to mention scott and the possibility of nogueria and we know there qualities. We have quietly assembled a very solid basketball team and I believe a lot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised by how good we end up being. ..now if thats and good thing *cough treadmill ** thats yet to be determined. But I am excited and I think we're heading in the right direction. No tanking.

Edited by GABALLA

Honestly the way I see it isTeagueLouKorverAlPeroSchröderJenkinsCarroll/scottMillsap/ScottBrand/nogueria

Seriously? I mean c'mon?

Do you actually think we are going to pay one of the top PF's in the league (Milsap) $9.5 million this year to come off the bench?

Really?

That's pretty crazy. He would start at PF for probably 12-18 teams in the league.

• Like 1

Seriously? I mean c'mon? Do you actually think we are going to pay one of the top PF's in the league (Milsap) $9.5 million this year to come off the bench? Really? That's pretty crazy. He would start at PF for probably 12-18 teams in the league.

No what's crazy is people who think he should start at sf. I make a prediction now, if millsap doesn't start at sf he will come off the bench. Ill look for you first gane and through out season. ...he will come off bench
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Not seeing it guys. This group might be as good as last season's but that's not a given... and I see little reason to expect better. More and.more persuaded that DF's strategy is to accumulate trading pieces for February. Nothing wrong with that but like many others, I was hoping for a bigger FA haul that could soothe my immediate gratification gene.

No what's crazy is people who think he should start at sf. I make a prediction now, if Millsap doesn't start at sf he will come off the bench. Ill look for you first game and through out season. ...he will come off bench

...and your starting center is....(drumroll please)..... Pero!

This is insanity....(no offense)

So with Pero official, this appears to be our 2nd Unit:SchröderSweet LouJunkyard DawgPeroBrandThat's not bad. Scrappy. And Pero and Brand make a ton of sense with Al talking about how the 4-5 are interchangeable in the offense.Then we have Jenkins, Scott, Noguera, maybe Cunningham developing, pushing for minutes and enjoying garbage time.Yeah, I'm ignoring the biggest mystery:TeagueKorver??????????MillsapHorfordBut otherwise, I'm happy.

I think that starting lineup with Jenkins and Korver at 2 & 3 would hurt us defensively. Our wing defense would be compromised and make life difficult for already undersized front-court.

Anyway, Bud will have some depth to work with and create a decent rotation and units that could work well together on the court...

...and your starting center is....(drumroll please)..... Pero!

This is insanity....(no offense)

Hes better than brand. The only way I see brand starting over that guy will be due to pure reputation and actual nba experience. But it will become apparent who the better of the two is

hes better than brand. The only way I see brand starting over that guy will be due to pure reputation and actual nba experience. But it will become apparent who the better of the two is as the season progresses. They are two diffent type of bigs but I say again, pero will prove to be more efficient in Bud's offense. Mark my words. So just so we have everything in order here for when I send you that I told you so message later let me make a list here.Millsap isnt a sfKorver isnt a sgMillsap only starts if we play small with Al at pf other wise bunch mob for himLou has a greater chance at starting than JenkinsAt starting line-up of teague, korver, millsap, horford, and brand is comical. So is teague, korver, mystery guy, millsap, horfors.I say my starting line-up is the closest thing to what will actually accure and deep down you know it lolKorver at sg is insane, millsap at sf is insane. Not common sense lineups wherw players actually player ther prefered and most efficient positions. Lol what nerve I have to suggest such a thing.Pero will be the starting center, if not day one then eventually.

Hes better than brand. The only way I see brand starting over that guy will be due to pure reputation and actual nba experience. But it will become apparent who the better of the two is

It's not like the guy was a dominating player over in Europe. Brand may not be the player he once was but I'm pretty sure he would perform better in the euro league than pero did. And brand can still be a very good to elite defender for us in the low post.Pero is a nice addition but I wouldn't be overly optimistic regarding his future impact. I think both will be bench players for the Hawks. Pero seems like more of a stretch 4 type who may occasionally start as a defensive counter to some stretch 4/5 types. Brand will give us low post defense/scoring and leadership experience on the second unit.

Not seeing it guys. This group might be as good as last season's but that's not a given... and I see little reason to expect better. More and.more persuaded that DF's strategy is to accumulate trading pieces for February. Nothing wrong with that but like many others, I was hoping for a bigger FA haul that could soothe my immediate gratification gene.

im like you im curious but it hasnt move me to masterbate yet.