• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are you satisfied with what the Hawks have done

Vol4ever

Are you happy with the offseason moves and direction of the team?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want to hold my comments until the beginning of training camp (or finishing my semester at Tech Inst) but i think i need to chime in on this and i will rub some ppl the wrong way but this is my opinion and if you dont like it, just skip my comments

First of all, everybody has to remember that we are the Atlanta Hawks, we are the ultimate treadmill team, the team that comes out flat ever time on national TV, a team that gets pick on by almost every media mogul out there because we are just us, we are the team that nobody wants to see and most of the people that comes to Phillips is other team fans. It feels like we are the visitors 82 games a year. Even sometimes even the true fans doubts this team. This team is symbolic when it comes down to bonehead moves, questionable tactics and stuff that does not make any sense at all. if you were a FA, would you come to place like this, even for money?

So what can you do? Most posters needs to understand as long as there is stuff attached to this team like the stuff I was saying, no superstar is going to come through that door. I like what the Hawks has done beside that. Getting value for players, being in a position to be seller or buyers and still will have at least 16 mil next year to work with. Even if they are quiet, they can still develop talent and have alot of assets to use, plus being in the playoff picture. We need to have patience on this.

The Braves and Falcons don't have a problem attracting FAs so it's not the city. It's the perception that Atlanta fans really aren't that into basketball, compared to Celtic, Laker, etc. fans.

I would actually say that the ownership and franchise is a joke. Atlanta isn't that bad, I have spent time there and it is not my favorite city, but it is by far not the worst in the nation that has a team. Atlanta fans USED to be into basketball...remember a guy named Dominique? It is the ownership.