• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

30 Most Used Players TS% vs Usage% Chart (Why You Should Be Glad Jbrick Is Gone)

yungsta

• Moderators

One interesting item:

There are 7 players at or above the fitted line who have won NBA championships. There are 0 players below the fitted line who have won an NBA championship.

Every player at or above the fitted line saw their team in the playoffs last season and all finals participants are above the line. There are 7 players below the fitted line who missed the playoffs last season.

• Like 1

One interesting item: There are 7 players at or above the fitted line who have won NBA championships. There are 0 players below the fitted line who have won an NBA championship. Every player at or above the fitted line saw their team in the playoffs last season and all finals participants are above the line. There are 7 players below the fitted line who missed the playoffs last season.

7 of the players above the line (or on it in Bean's case) I would call Super Intelligent Basketball players. There's only one I see below it. The guys above might say they don't follow their shooting, but actually they can't sleep if they have a bad percentage night. Most of the ones below probably aren't even cognizant. Interesting both of the guys who are supposed to be All-World Franchise guys who many wanted here in Dwight and Paul don't even appear. Yet one wants more touches and the other dominates the ball, I guess so Blake can shine because he wouldn't in any other scenario. Kinda weird symbiotic relationship like Durant and Westbrook have. Dwayne Wade is probably the player I respect the most in history without ever being a fan or even liking his game. To be as productive and successful as he has been throughout his career with many injuries and a broken jumper is a miracle. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The story here isn't overall player value. This is a tool in evaluating scoring ability.

James Harden is a better scorer than Westrbrook. Griffin is a better scorer than Cousins (until Cousins stops shooting jumpers).

It shouldn't be hard to follow. It doesn't say anything about defense, passing, turnovers, etc.

Yeah, that's true... but if you monitor the discussions around here, most statters even yourself use it as overall player evaluation. Doesn't even consider how a player contributes to scoring or defense.

• Premium Member

Interesting both of the guys who are supposed to be All-World Franchise guys who many wanted here in Dwight and Paul don't even appear. Yet one wants more touches and the other dominates the ball, I guess so Blake can shine because he wouldn't in any other scenario. Kinda weird symbiotic relationship like Durant and Westbrook have.

Well...in defense of those guys. USG% is not a facilitator friendly stat. Contrasting this to the role of a PG...the stat is built around your touches while it punishes you for your TO's. As a PG, your primary responsibility is getting others involved. Unless you're a combo/scoring guard like Iverson, this is not a good indicator for you. Moreover, with more and better scorers than he's ever had...I'd expect a player Paul to be nowhere near the top of this list.

The story with D12 and this chart is 2 things - both of which we already know. #1 is his FT's. There are very few, if any, bad FT shooters on that list. Dwight, you're talking about the #2 free throw shooter here...being measured by a stat that is built around FTA's. Yeah.....

The other thing is the move to LA. The offense in Orlando was tailored around him. LA? lol....

Posted Image

Hello, my name is "This city belongs to me."

• Like 1

Drew implemented a jump shooting offense. All the new guys that joined the team shot more jumpshots than anything else. The epitome of this is Stevenson and Mack. Even a guy like Jones who you'll expect to drive settled for way too many jumpshots.

Lou was the only guy capable or willing to get to the basket to score or get fouls. A disparity of what I mean is in 2012 all of Lou's shot attempts were 30% 3 point attempts. In 2013, 44% consisted were from 3. By far the most of his career. He also had his lowest free throw usage since his rookie and second seasons.

Edited by Kimsey

Wretch.. you know ego wouldn't let that happen.

We had to deal with EGO. EGO was " I am Midrange shawty." Ego was "I don't want to be known as a dunker like Nique". Ego was "I don't care about what the fans say". Ego was "I'm worth more than 15 Million per year to yall". I'm so glad that Ego is in Detroit.

And with their trade today, did Detroit get better or worse?