• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OMG NBA 2K14 on Next Gen console - you won't believe the realism

Admin

amazing.....nextgen is going to be scary.

What's crazy is my new gaming PC is more powerful in almost every way to the new consoles but they'll probably never put out these types of sports titles for PC's with this amount of detail because of having to work on low end PCs. That alone is going to force my hand and make me fork over $500 come Christmas time to get the new Xbox One.

What's crazy is my new gaming PC is more powerful in almost every way to the new consoles but they'll probably never put out these types of sports titles for PC's with this amount of detail because of having to work on low end PCs. That alone is going to force my hand and make me fork over $500 come Christmas time to get the new Xbox One.

The discrepancy has more to do with working on the current generation of consoles than low end PCs, though I guess you could make the argument that they're on equal footing anyways. Point being, most games are made with the current generation of consoles in mind, then they're ported over to PC. With the PS3/360 packing 8 year old hardware, most of your games aren't fully utilizing your system's specs, since it's easier for devs to downscale everything than it is to upscale for the various machines out there.

Still don't be discouraged, you'll certainly see improved graphics+physics with your PC games once the PS4 and XBone get up and running as the new standard. I'm in the same boat as you though, I've got a nice gaming PC, but I went ahead and put the money down for a PS4 pre-order from Amazon. You get the best of both worlds; exclusives on console and raw power from your own build.

Edited by SmooveZilla

• 3 weeks later...

Ha, pics don't do it justice. I'll see what I can come up with though.

There's now a jump shot rating system, much like the one at the free throw line. Never realized how poor of a shooter I was until last night.

The my-player mode has been completely revamped as well. It seems like more of a story/movie now, but they kept the same voice actor from the last 3 games! The guy sounds nothing like what my character looks like... if that makes any sense. So that's kind of annoying.

The engine appears to be totally revamped as well. Controlling your player seems very fluid.

There's also this new rumble thing with the xbox one where each trigger vibrates independently of the other. With 2K, the hand you're dribbling with creates a vibration on the respective side of the controller. I don't know how I feel about it yet, but it's unique.

I haven't gotten to dive too much into anything else yet, but I'll work on that today Posted Image .

• Like 1

That sounds awesome! Had you played 2k14 on the 3rd gen consoles? I'm curious how much has changed in the game this year vs what changed with different consoles. I have 2k14 on my PC but I haven't played it much at all. Still not over playing Madden yet and I play 15 minute quarters in that game so seasons take forever.

I hate that annoying dumb voice in myplayer mode that they've been using.

I had the old kinect for 2 days last year with 2k13 thinking it would be awesome but it could never hear my voice when I had the game turned up loud like I like it. Are you noticing any issues with the kinect and hearing you during game play?