• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford to Bulls

ATLscrubLove

Horford is by far my favorite player and the franchise is now centered around him... However the trade proposal from Grantland makes a lot of sense. We would have to take on Boozer's contract until next year... However they have Charlotte's first and their own floating out there. If we could get both pics ( magically ) I would do this trade. Charlotte's pick is a guaranteed top 5.

• Moderators

I love Horford as much as the next Hawks fan, but to say that Horford is worth Boozer, Butler, and two 1st round picks in 2014 is SEVERELY overvaluing the guy. He is worth more to us as a Hawks than involved in a trade, but we'd be lucky to get Butler, Charlotte's 1st, and some bad contract.

I don't this asking for butler is so much about over valuing Horford but taking on Boozer's contract while giving up Horford should grant at least 2 picks and Butler. Plus it's not like Butler is the next superstar... Just a good player with potential at the moment. If ferry ever decided to go this route I doubt that Chicago would even blink before taking this deal.

Agreed. Horford is not being overvalued here. If we don't get a solid package by trading him then there's literally no point in doing it.

Having said that, Horford for Taj Gibson, Snell, Mirotic and Bobcats pick would be about as good of a deal as we could hope for.

• Moderators

FYI, the Charlotte pick doesn't lose protection until 2016, it's protected top 10 in 14', top 8 in 15'. Yea, GMs have known about this draft and Wiggins for ages.

I'm not expert but it seems like at this point trading for a ping pong ball in this draft isn't going to happen.

Ah. Thought it was 2015. Still a decent asset as a late-lotto pick probably.

Excluding the lockout season, whatever team picked 11th in the last few years usually won 35 games. I don't know if the addition of Jefferson, Zeller and improvement by Kemba/Biyombo is worth an extra 13 wins for the Bobcats this season. If I was to hazzard a guess I would say that the Bobcats will find themselves around 5 games out of the 8th seed by like the end of February and make a concious decision to make sure they keep their pick. Armed with a top 10 pick in the next draft and more cap space, who knows. Maybe they finally take off and make the playoffs lessening the value of the pick.

These far flung future picks tend to turn out less valuable than originally believed. Remember the Minnesota pick? Teams were acting like it was guaranteed top 3 before ending up as #10. Al for a #28 & #14 and whatever package of available Bulls players does seem like an undersell. It's not like he's in a position of leverage given his contract situation.

If we really want a package with high value picks for Al then I suggest a plan similar to what the 76ers did in the last draft. Some team that has probably been in the lottery for a while would probably look to Al as an immediate infusion for a playoff run rather than waiting on a rookie to develop. That would be the best time to take advantage as you would know exactly where you'd pick.