• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Very impress with Ryan play today

WraithSentinel

Bucs do have a good defense. He was playing well against them today with just his 3-5 WRs. Bucs pretty much took Gonzo out the game and force others to beat them. Nice to see HD step up and nice one handed catch by Davis. The top QBs dont make excuses. They still gotta go out there and make it work with whomever they got.

I still don't like the Falcons chances of doing anything this year. Despite how well Ryan played yet again. Bucs were still in the game. If the Bucs had any common sense they might have won that game but kept shooting themselves in the foot.

Matt played a hell of a game and the defense looked decent especially against the run. They were really attacking the line of scrimmage. The only thing that made that game close was the fumble on the punt return. We outplayed them and came away with the w.

I never worry about Matt. He's an outstanding QB. Harry stepped up. If the media can give Brady excuses about what he doesn't have (you know, NFL-level receivers that his outstanding franchise thought enough of to draft and sign), at least they can give Matt extra credit for making his slot receiver and below look like starters.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Matt has probably played his worst football these last two weeks. If there is one thing I will never call Ryan and that is an Elite QB. Despite being payed like an Elite QB. He is a good QB and with the right pieces around him can be a very good QB. I was hoping he would show us despite the deck being against him. He would find some ways to raise his game and level of the team play around him.

Matt Ryan comes up short on two key elements. Ability to throw the deep ball with real zip and mobility. These are two things that will not improve over the rest of his career. The picks are piling up now and so are the sacks.

That's not saying a bad QB by any means - he's a very good one - just not a hundred million dollar one.

People say "well if we didn't give him a hundred mil, some other team would have"...and that may be correct...but I would liken it to the decision the baseball Cardinals had to make with Pujols. It was either pay huge $$ for the hero, or let him go elsewhere and use the money to strengthen other positions. They let him go (and that was not popular at the time with the fans)...but this year they were back in the World Series without him and nobody cared that he was gone.