• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is wrong with some of yall!?!?!?

Bonkers

I as a European and also soccer sucker who roots for his sucking hometown team no matter what, can not understand this strategic defeatist attitude.

There can only be one champion, and whats the point of being between 6-2 when 6-8 is so horrible. I get all the arguments about rebuilding etc, but I think a franchise should not be run like that. People pay honest bucks to see a team of millionairs do their best and show their skills and there is no guarantee that next draft-pick will be all what you wish for. Thats also why I dont get the Horford trade discussions. I think a team should always strive to be top-notch, keep your best guys, and all that can also make the lesser men on this team better and maybe grow out into valuable players.

I srsly can not see a recipe for succes in tanking.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 4

So we know GameTime is in favor of being a treadmill team

Well i'm not

I think you are missing my point Bonkers. As of now this team is a 6-9th seed. We can't tank.

Sure we can say Ferry has movable pieces, but until he moves them for the Tank Squad we aren't losing a "Philly" amount of games this year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I as a European and also soccer sucker who roots for his sucking hometown team no matter what, can not understand this strategic defeatist attitude. There can only be one champion, and whats the point of being between 6-2 when 6-8 is so horrible. I get all the arguments about rebuilding etc, but I think a franchise should not be run like that. People pay honest bucks to see a team of millionairs do their best and show their skills and there is no guarantee that next draft-pick will be all what you wish for. Thats also why I dont get the Horford trade discussions. I think a team should always strive to be top-notch, keep your best guys, and all that can also make the lesser men on this team better and maybe grow out into valuable players. I srsly can not see a recipe for succes in tanking.

Some choose to root more with logic and some choose to root strictly with emotion.

• Premium Member

I do both, which is where I think a true fan should be.

I can dig that. I just think too many get lost in the prideful emotion of wanting to see that their team "made" the playoffs without considering the big picture. Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

I can dig that. I just think too many get lost in the prideful emotion of wanting to see that their team "made" the playoffs without considering the big picture.

If you are rooting for this team as currently constructed, to tank, you will have a miserable time this season.

I won't root for us to fail but I honestly don't think this will be a very good team. I think we'll have some nights where we look amazing and some where we just get blown out and then a lot of nights where we win close or lose close but I honestly believe that we'll be lucky to finish around .500. It's going to take these guys quite a while to learn this offense to the point where they're reacting and not thinking and by the time they learn that we'll already see where our season is headed. We need another good draft or two and some solid trades and that will allow some of the youth we currently have to grow into the players they can become.

• Like 4

Some choose to root more with logic and some choose to root strictly with emotion.

But isnt emotion what its all about in sports? There is also a sense of beauty in being a fanbase of a sucking team. My football team always plays on the bottom end, but we cherish every goal and victory when one actually comes, and cherish our anger and frustration just as much. Its kinda fun to go drinking beers and rant about this and that after games. Our big rivals from the city next door got into bed with the Georgian mafia, which is connected to a Russian billionaire, who owns Chelsea FC in England, and he sends their second rotation to play for our rivals, which is still two classes better than anything that walks around on the Dutch fields. They are a srs championship candidate, and we hate them while we stay sucking, but we are honest folks with an honest team and we take pride in not selling out. I think there is more to sports than just winning.

I think you can live a much more apreciating life when realizing small things like that and enjoy the moment, instead of just chasing after a maybe and loosing yourself in the process.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 2

I'm just gonna have fun watching this team good or bad nba basketball is my legit favorite thing on the planet and by god you never know which season could be your last. I think some people get way too worked up over stuff that is there to be fun. So what if I never see the hawks when a title atleast I got to have a lot of fun watching the best athletes on the planet play the greatest game in the universe

• Like 1

• Premium Member

But isnt emotion what its all about in sports? There is also a sense of beauty in being a fanbase of a sucking team. My football team always plays on the bottom end, but we cherish every goal and victory when one actually comes, and cherish our anger and frustration just as much. Its kinda fun to go drinking beers and rant about this and that after games. Our big rivals from the city next door got into bed with the Georgian mafia, which is connected to a Russian billionaire, who owns Chelsea FC in England, and he sends their second rotation to play for our rivals, which is still two classes better than anything that walks around on the Dutch fields. They are a srs championship candidate, and we hate them while we stay sucking, but we are honest folks with an honest team and we take pride in not selling out. I think there is more to sports than just winning. I think you can live a much more apreciating life when realizing small things like that and enjoy the moment, instead of just chasing after a maybe and loosing yourself in the process.

Umm. No. It's not all about emotion. But, if you're happy rooting for and spending money on a product that sucks and does little to improve because it's "your" team, go right ahead.

So we know GameTime is in favor of being a treadmill team

Well i'm not

You're missing GameTime's point. This team isn't going to get a high lottery pick unless Ferry makes moves towards tanking. If those moves aren't made and we're going to be in the middle, then it's better to be 8 than 9.

Nobody wants to be a treadmill team. We've all been cursing the treadmill on here for years.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Its amazing how many people are so much smarter than nba GMs. Its simple. Trade away your talent, lose most your games, and a guaranteed superstar will fall in your lap in the draft. If you don't think this you are an idiot who likes being a loser and probably works out on a treadmill.

Yours truly,

BK

• Like 1

Its amazing how many people are so much smarter than nba GMs. Its simple. Trade away your talent, lose most your games, and a guaranteed superstar will fall in your lap in the draft. If you don't think this you are an idiot who likes being a loser and probably works out on a treadmill.

Yours truly,

BK

I think we all agree that's the right course for some teams but not all. Seriously how hard of a decision was it for philly and phx to tank. They had nothing going on already.

Well Philly had Jrue Holiday, whom some think is a top tier PG. But you're right those teams aren't exactly talent laden. Then again if we're being honest the Hawks really aren't either.

• Moderators

Well Philly had Jrue Holiday, whom some think is a top tier PG. But you're right those teams aren't exactly talent laden. Then again if we're being honest the Hawks really aren't either.

That's true but Horford, Smith, Teague and Korver took us to the 6th seed last year. that was light years ahead of what philly, phx, no, toronto did. So in that respect we had a much better team to build on.

Who knows though maybe it is wait and tank. if we're 4 games from dropping out of the playoff race at the trade deadline Horford may be gone.

I like the direction we've gone. Its a mistake to say we haven't improved when we haven't even played a game and its a mistake to say that anyone in the east other the Heat is a legit contender. Pacers, Bulls, Nets and Knicks all have some potential issues despite looking good right now.

We have some trades we can look at so i'm not writing us off yet. I'm fine with tanking if we truly aren't any good. But we have some talent here.

Umm. No. It's not all about emotion. But, if you're happy rooting for and spending money on a product that sucks and does little to improve because it's "your" team, go right ahead.

Well its very easy to respond to this.

For one I dont root for products, I root for my club, and I when I pay for a ticket I want them to do their best to win that game.

Its prolly a cultural difference. I get all the arguments you have but its just unthinkable to even think that way up here, same as its unthinkable to call a sports team a franchise which can be moved to some other city to some highest bidder.

• Like 1