• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jenks

Jenkins is just another spot up shooter that can't do anything else. That being said, so was Danny Green. Hopefully Bud can teach him how to be adequate on defense, play knowing his limitations and get his confidence up. If not he may not last after ASW. Sounds like good trade filler for Ferry.

Jenkins is just another spot up shooter that can't do anything else. That being said, so was Danny Green. Hopefully Bud can teach him how to be adequate on defense, play knowing his limitations and get his confidence up. If not he may not last after ASW. Sounds like good trade filler for Ferry.

I'd still won't blame him, he did ok considering he was recovering from a back injury and wasn't in basketball shape. Bud needs to slowly get him into the rotation. Same thing applies to Lou. I expect him to suck his first game back, but as soon as he's getting more in shape, and that muscle memory begins to proceed, then they should be good.

I thought he looked very rusty. Getting over this will be time consuming

but should be worth it. When he came out of college, he was said to be

the best pure shooter available.

This doesn't just go away. It just requires some polish to remove the rust.

He will require patience from Bud and from us. He's not an old man. This

ability to hit those shots are still there. Question: Is it possible that he can

be sent back down to the D-League and let him play himself back into shape?

GO HAWKS !

• Moderators

Who needs Johnny Ca$h to be the Man of Steel? Most just want him to be on par with Jared Cunningham, who was first off the bench yesterday.

Has C-Viv gotten Bud to cough up any quotes about the Human DNP-CD, outside of "he's available"? I've stopped paying attention. Could another trip to Bakersfield be in his immediate future?

~lw3

• Moderators

Who needs Johnny Ca$h to be the Man of Steel? Most just want him to be on par with Jared Cunningham, who was first off the bench yesterday.

Has C-Viv gotten Bud to cough up any quotes about the Human DNP-CD, outside of "he's available"? I've stopped paying attention. Could another trip to Bakersfield be in his immediate future?

~lw3

I'm just assuming his back is still a problem but starting to wonder why we picked up his option for NEXT season.

Nevermind. I think we had to pick it up by 11/1 or lose the option right?

Edited by macdaddy

• Moderators

I'm just assuming his back is still a problem but starting to wonder why we picked up his option for NEXT season.

Nevermind. I think we had to pick it up by 11/1 or lose the option right?

Yeah, he'd have been a UFA otherwise. Jared's was not picked up so he will be one.

My hunch is since his October back injury was a flare-up of the same injury from this past summer, Bud is keeping Jenks "available" until he's absolutely sure Jenks can play steady minutes, and Bud can sense from practice and communication with the training staff how far along he is. He's probably getting him to work on his defensive shortcomings, too, but the whole team should be working on that. They're already coughing up 105 points a night without much help from him.

Another crazy thought: Maybe they're working behind-the-scenes on his ballhandling skills, prepping him as an interim third-string PG in case they elect to cut Mack loose once Gus Ayón returns, and until Lou gets healthy enough to come back and contribute.

~lw3

does it really matter how he looked? theres no time for him on this team....you can add him in a trade or just release him...other than shooting (which we have in Korver) theres no need to keep him around...he didnt play well in summer league...what makes anyone think hes gunna do anything in the NBA?...he will be in Europe in a year or 2