• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shareef needs to be traded

chillzatl

a) can we please start posting trades in the trade section? that's what it's there for!

b) Theo might fit in Portland; Sheed would play 3 here, Reef the 4. We'd have less ballhandling and then two players that are the ultimate 2nd men without a first.

c) Sheed's contract is up. Unless you want to resign him, you'd be doing this trade for nothing. He won't resign here.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we would have to get picks for him to get any value. like i have said a hundred times I am sure we could get high picks for theo and sar. Maybe we could egt a bunch of expiring contracts and in the draft get Okafor. If we could clear enogh cap space we could make a run at kobe if he stays out of jail. I f we could get picks for theo and sar we would have 3 lottery picks to fill holes with. okafor would solve our "finesse" problem. We could take a chance on 1 of the BIG foreign guys. W/ Kobe we could keep jt and let kobe handle the ball, he does it a lot now w/ the lakers.

Cody,

I have a feeling that Kobe will be the ultimate loser once he goes away from Shaq and that system. He has skill, no doubt, but not enough to lead a team like MJ.

I don't think Kobe can do it, and whereever he goes will be the Kobe show, but the team will flop.

As for Okafor... everyone is SO high on him, but there is no proof that he will produce in the NBA.

Trading away a solid player or two in hopes that you get one is not a smart move, in my opinion. We don't need to go into development phase, we need someone who knows how to win and fit in. That is what this team is missing.

Compared to last year, look at this team... we don't have a TON of heart, but we definitely have more than last year.

Play.

• Premium Member

If you really think about it, what team will want SAR?

Definitely not a team in the process of rebuilding, why pay that much for SAR when you can wait and draft Okafor?

It stands to reason that the type of team that would want SAR is a team like Houston. Who are on the cusp of a very strong run in the playoffs and are only 1 PF away from being a championship contender.

That being said, we trade SAR to a team like Houston. What is the likelihood that we get a HIGH pick back??

You guys have it all wrong. No trade at Midseason will get you a "High Pick". Only a draft day trade can get you that... And if you do make a draft day trade, it would have to be to a team that is in position to make a run sooner rather than later. You would have to prove to that team that it is in their best interest to take 14 million dollars worth of Reef for 1 year with no guarantees than to take 4 to 5 years worth of Okafor?

Do you see the logical problem that develops in this case?

I will go on the record again and say that the only thing we can expect in a trade of Reef is:

1. A Gimp. Camby + Filler is a possibility. [censored] even McDyess or Grant Hill!

2. A Bad Contract. =Reef for Eddie Jones anyone? Reef for Eddie Jones?

3. A Bad Attitude. = Reef/Theo for Bonzi/Rasheed. Reef for Griff/Moochi/Cato?

Which is why Diesel I said we don't trade Reef. Reef is producing for his money. Henderson, Ratliff, Dickau are not but packaging Henderson with Ratliff makes them a tradable commodity to someone with 1 bad attitude with an expiring contract...sheed. If he doesn't resign, so what. The cap is free 1 year early.

Packaging Dickau with Nazr and a protected pick makes him tradable. That's 3 bad contracts gone if we do it right and 1 in return expires in a year and we get bigger by adding Brown and Haywood. Do you honestly think neither team would consider either trade?

Trading SAR gets you no where the return of what he's giving you. You won't get high picks and you won't get back a scoring big man of which these are our 2 needs.