• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - 76ers

lethalweapon3

I'm an optimist with this team, so I actually think we can take the Knicks tonight. As for the Heat, on paper we should loose, and may well, but let's see what happens. All we have to do v. the Pistons is leave a former Hawk wide open 20' away from the basket :)

• Like 1

You're clearly not watching then.

nah you're just blind. Dennis gets ridden to the baseline EVERY TIME he tries to drive passed someone. His dribble moves are in slow motion. Be real. The speed and quickness difference is night and day between Jeff and Dennis. Dennis has not shown the ability to get wherever he wants on the court Edited by Cwell
  • Like 2

Dennis gets ridden to the baseline EVERY TIME he tries to drive passed someone.

He damn sure does. He gets stuck under the rim with multiple defenders towering over him, and it's certainly not a good look late in the clock. I always thought he'd come into his own after the ASB. I never thought someone would make Mack look like a considerably better option, but a puny rookie with no shot certainly has. I'm totally confident he'll get there though. No one saw Teague improving every year to what he is today. Well, I will big Diesel up, he was driving that Teague wagon all summer. He made up for his Joe Johnson infatuation.
  • Like 1

He damn sure does. He gets stuck under the rim with multiple defenders towering over him, and it's certainly not a good look late in the clock. I always thought he'd come into his own after the ASB. I never thought someone would make Mack look like a considerably better option, but a puny rookie with no shot certainly has. I'm totally confident he'll get there though. No one saw Teague improving every year to what he is today. Well, I will big Diesel up, he was driving that Teague wagon all summer. He made up for his Joe Johnson infatuation.

Naw bruh Jeff's situation was ENTIRELY different than Dennis'

It's pretty much been confirmed that Woody, LD, and Josh were all hindering any type of growth/development from Jeff. They were to blame not becuz Jeff was playing bad or anything. He had to deal with 3 clowns

Dennis doesn't have that excuse

Edited by Bonkers

Naw bruh Jeff's situation was ENTIRELY different than Dennis' It's pretty much been confirmed that Woody, LD, and Josh were all hindering any type of growth/development from Jeff. They were to blame not becuz Jeff was playing bad or anything. He had to deal with 3 clowns Dennis doesn't have that excuse

True dat. Don't forget Iso Joe dribbling a hole in the floor for his patented needless fade away. Teague's stock in the league at this second is higher than all 4 of those people responsible for retarding his development. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

True dat. Don't forget Iso Joe dribbling a hole in the floor for his patented needless fade away. Teague's stock in the league at this second is higher than all 4 of those people responsible for retarding his development.

Oh yea how could I forget Iso Joe and his dribbling acrobatics lol

Man Teague had to put up with a lot of crap smh

I must be missing something lol cuz I see average speed when watching him. He doesn't have that 2nd gear that Jeff has.

I strongly disagree. 2nd gear is prolly Dennis his biggest asset and is more explosive than Teague's, but Teague once in 2nd gear knows what he's doing and his defenders know he knows. Teague can in the mids stop, fake, shoot a jumper or floater or put it back in gear while knowing whats going on around him. Schröders 2nd gear in Germany was just a turbo button where that one excelleration went straight to the basket and a limited arsenal of alternatives just in case dealing with much lesser defense. You can see him trying to mimic this but along the way realizing it wont work, so its back to building again with team-players getting back to rotation and all in all its getting the flow out of offense,

In Germany we say "A man grows by his assignments" and Dennis just could work his way around the way he did and it was excellent on the level he played back home. On this level, whenever wanting be a starter anywhere he really needs build allot more variation into his game. He knows his current limits I hope, and I hope he grows by this greatest of "assignments" a kid choosing this proffession can ever hope for.

Its certainly fascinating to watch as a German and wannabe PG to see what he does and has to deal with.

yeah i'm sure you're screen name has alot to do with this. wtf I was gonna give a normal response but that statement is just asisine

I don't think it is. Teague is obviously way better but I'd say their explosiveness is at least comparable. Schröder's just worse at like everything else right now. He'll be good. He's a rookie. Will he be Teague good?

I don't think it is. Teague is obviously way better but I'd say their explosiveness is at least comparable. Schröder's just worse at like everything else right now. He'll be good. He's a rookie. Will he be Teague good?

I don't know what games y'all been watching because Jeff as a whole athletically is on another planet in comparison with Dennis. Quicker, faster and jumps higher. Will he be as good as Teague? doubt it. He'll never be as good as him offensively, as far as scoring. and guys that are just good passers and not good at anything else won't be more than an average starting guard at best

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 1

I wish Teague would fight through a screen, which Schröder already does as a rookie and Teague has never done in 4 years. The other night Felton was abusing him when the Knicks pulled away and Teague continued to go under the screens. So yeah Teague may be more gifted athletically but mentally he sure is weak at things that you learn at a young age playing organized basketball.

I wish Teague would fight through a screen, which Schröder already does as a rookie and Teague has never done in 4 years. The other night Felton was abusing him when the Knicks pulled away and Teague continued to go under the screens. So yeah Teague may be more gifted athletically but mentally he sure is weak at things that you learn at a young age playing organized basketball.

I don't understand it at all. That mofo doesn't even try on defense. Never gets into a defensive stance and just jogs around going through the motions. I freakin hate that

• Like 1

I wish Dennis would drive the ball to the man he is passing it to which cuts down the chance for the defense to steal the ball. That is something that they teach you early on in organized ball. Really don't see the great natural instincts with this guy.

yeah i'm sure you're screen name has alot to do with this. wtf I was gonna give a normal response but that statement is just asisine

Well maybe the fact that Im not trying to hide proves a form of honesty, thats maybe also reflected in the critical posts I make about DS17. It certainly doesnt warrent a slimy cop-out even suggesting everything I say is meaningless due to my bias.

Anyone reasonable can see what I wrote is not blind fanboyism and your reaction is making you look dishonest, which maybe reflects in your critical posting on DS17.

Anyone in Europe knows Dennis his main strenth is 2nd gear. Its just a very fast straight-forward 2nd Gear designed against much less traffic, shorter arms, where blowing by one opponent is often enough to get stuff going. Teague isnt faster he just knows what he does in all sorts of NBA situations. Schröder just runs in there. And that moment is where the trouble starts for him mostly. Though judging before hand to get into 2nd gear or not is also much better for Teague. But much of all this is experience based. To suggest he doesnt have the physical capabilities is, well either blind to the game or dishonest. He made most his NBA buckets this way btw.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

I don't know what games y'all been watching because Jeff as a whole athletically is on another planet in comparison with Dennis. Quicker, faster and jumps higher. Will he be as good as Teague? doubt it. He'll never be as good as him offensively, as far as scoring. and guys that are just good passers and not good at anything else won't be more than an average starting guard at best

Teague certainly is a much better athlete. He's a mid 20's 5 year NBA vet for crying out lowd. How could he not be?

But I agree with the second "Will he be as good as Teague" part of your post.

Edited by DS17Fanboy